Forums

Help › Forums

CC Upgrades & Private Tournament Walkthrough

Mon, Aug 21 2017 3:01 PM (195 replies)
  • cm68
    892 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2012 3:35 PM

wilpwr7:

I have a member that says he cannot access any of out CC tourneys. He says it is telling him he is not eligible. We live in Wisconsin which isn't restricted, although he does live in Milwaukee maybe 60 miles from Illinois which is restricted. Maybe it's because he is at master level and the rest of the club is at tour pro?

Being that member is from a restricted location, may prevent them from entering "FEE" based comps, but the should be able to access and play the "FREE" entry comps where there is NO prize money.

At our CC we have many FREE comps for this reason, and offer GIFTS as prizes, since every member can gift clubs etc to other members, provided the gift a availble to the tier of the receiving member of course ;-)

• Semelhol
    25 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 12:01 AM

I am the owner of the Southdowns C/C

All South Africans and Friends can join the club.

I just want to make a few suggestions:

The club owner takes all the responsibility to canvass members.

He organises tournaments. So he must be up to date on club activities, ALL THE TIME!

Is it to much to ask that any member or others MUST confer with the club owner to organise/book a tournament of his choice?

Remember the club owner has joined WGT to also PLAY GAMES!

Please! Be reasonable, it is not too much to ask.

Semelhol

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 12:57 PM

Semelhol:

I am the owner of the Southdowns C/C

All South Africans and Friends can join the club.

I just want to make a few suggestions:

The club owner takes all the responsibility to canvass members.

He organises tournaments. So he must be up to date on club activities, ALL THE TIME!

Is it to much to ask that any member or others MUST confer with the club owner to organise/book a tournament of his choice?

Remember the club owner has joined WGT to also PLAY GAMES!

Please! Be reasonable, it is not too much to ask.

Semelhol

Bravo Seme. It is not to much to ask to leave the in-house TB off limits especially if your cc is running weekly and or sponsored tourns. Our TB is continuously locked up with our Weekly Singles tourn courses and our sponsored tourns. If a member wants to host a tourn. they are more than welcome but we all keep in mind that our weekly and sponsored tourns. take priority.

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 1:58 PM

I've been searching the forums to no avail, and this seems the appropriate thread for a question that popped up in our club recently.

If you create a tournament and select random conditions, does this basically treat it as a ranked round for the individual player in selecting the conditions?  In other words, would Tour Pros and Masters get very fast greens while Tour Masters and Legends play on tournament greens?

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 3:51 AM

DarkenRahl:
    If you create a tournament and select random conditions, does this basically treat it as a ranked round for the individual player in selecting the conditions?  In other words, would Tour Pros and Masters get very fast greens while Tour Masters and Legends play on tournament greens?

Once a tournament is created a under "Random" conds. EVERYONE plays the same exact conditions. Course conditions created either "Randomly" or "Advanced" everyone entering that tourn. will play the exact same conditions.

Now, with this being said I still think that no matter what your tier the "in-house" CC tourns. will play the same for everyone. IF this is incorrect, I wasn't aware of it.

• dukepga
    7 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 2:14 PM

Do you think there will be an option for multiple rounds any time soon, so that a club can play say a 4 day tournament?

• Howinoshawa
    711 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 12:20 PM

Is it only the club owner who can send a player an invite to join a club or does everyone in the club have that option ?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 12:49 PM

Howinoshawa:

Is it only the club owner who can send a player an invite to join a club or does everyone in the club have that option ?

Just the owner.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 8:22 AM

dukepga:

Do you think there will be an option for multiple rounds any time soon, so that a club can play say a 4 day tournament?

This would be sooo nice. Lets hope that "one day" they implement this.

• pUGfANmn
    436 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2012 10:30 PM

As "arduous" as it is to do, creating a 1 day tournament each day and naming it "Round 1", "Round 2" etc each day works just fine.  But I could see an option that "auto creates" each round as well.

RSS