Forums

Help › Forums

CC Upgrades & Private Tournament Walkthrough

Mon, Aug 21 2017 3:01 PM (195 replies)
  • WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 3:23 AM

Hi everybody!

Among other things our latest release includes upgrade options for country club memberships as well as the implementation of user created private tournaments for country clubs. The new features have quite a few options to play with, so we've created this walkthrough to help you warm up to the new controls.

If you have any trouble seeing the pictures and would like to view them full size then just click on picture itself to open it in another window.

UPGRADING YOUR COUNTRY CLUB:

• Country clubs now have multiple membership options.  Club owners can choose to upgrade their maximum membership levels from the current limit of 15 members up to 30, 50, 100 or 250 players.
    • If you own a country club and would like to upgrade your current membership level then visit your club's homepage and click the OWNERS TOOLS button in the top right hand corner.
    • Scroll down to the CLUB UPGRADE section and you will see a section that looks like the picture below.  Simply choose your preferred membership amount and click the UPGRADE CLUB LEVEL button.  The credits will be deducted from your account and your club will be instantly upgraded.  If you do not have the credits to cover the upgrade you can click the BUY CREDITS button to purchase more credits.
    • Please note that upgrading your country club means you are purchasing the maximum amount of members.  If you have a 15 member club and choose the 30 member upgrade option then you will have a 30 member club, not a 45 member club.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USER CREATED TOURNAMENTS (UCTs):

User created private tournaments are here!  Every member of a country club will have the ability to create private tournaments that can only be played by other members in the same country club.  Country club owners and their members can use this feature to run Club Championship tournaments or any kind of private event they see fit to run for their fellow members.  Creating a private tournament is free for all members of a country club.

• To get started creating your own private tournament just visit your country club's home page.

• Club owners will see the new CREATE CLUB TOURNAMENT button in the top center of their display.  Regular club members will see the new CREATE CLUB TOURNAMENT button in the top right hand corner of their display as pictured above.  Be careful that you do not accidentally remove yourself from your club by clicking the wrong button!
    • Click the CREATE CLUB TOURNAMENT button to start setting up your own event and you'll be taken to the Country Club Tournament creation page below.

• Name: Give your tournament a truly deserving name!
    • Tournament Type:  Choose either Stroke Play or CTTH format.
    • Course: Choose the venue.  St. Andrews, Bethpage and Kiawah can all be chosen at this time. Oakmont Country Club will be available shortly after the USGA Virtual Championship concludes.
    • Holes: If the tournament is a Stroke Play event then select the Front 9, Back 9 or the Full 18 length.  CTTH events can only be 9 holes in length.

• Play Limits: Choose whether this event will be an Unlimited Play event or a Single Round.  CTTH tournaments are Unlimited Play only.
    • Duration:  Choose how long this tournament should last.  Tournaments can run for 24, 48 or 72 hours.
    • Conditions:  Select randomized conditions or choose the conditions yourself by clicking on ADVANCED OPTIONS.
      • Wind Speed: Choose Low, Medium or Heavy winds for this event.
      • Green Speed: Choose Slow, Fast, Very Fast or Tournament green speeds for this event.
      • Hole Locations: Applicable for courses with multiple pin placements.  If the course supports multiple hole locations choose the set you wish to use for this event.

• Description:  Enter a fitting description for your tournament.  We recommend that you include which places will be paid out in your tournament description.
    • Entry Fee:  Choose whether this tournament will be free to play or paid entry.  If you select paid entry for this event then you will need enter the tournament's entry fee in the box.  Tournament entry fees can be as low as 5 credits per player or as high as 500 credits per player.  In order for the tournament to pay out credits it must include an entry fee.

• Prize:  Choose the tournament prize package and what kind of awards should be given to the winner(s).  If your event is paid entry and you forget to select a credit payout option then it will automatically default to the Winner-Take-All option.
    • Winner Trophy:  If you selected one of the trophy options then you'll be able to choose which trophy is given to the winner.  Click the drop down to select one of the seven available trophies.
    • Credit Payout Rules:  If you selected a credit payout option then you will need to choose how the tournament purse should be distributed once the event is completed.  You can choose Winner-Take-All , Top 3 or Top 10 finishers. Purse percentages are pre-set and cannot be adjusted manually.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYING PRIVATE TOURNAMENTS:

Perhaps creating tournaments for other members in your club isn't up your alley, but most likely you will be interested in taking part in some of them.  The section below will show you how to browse the list of tournaments that are available for play in your country club.

• To browse your club's events just go to your country club's homepage and click on the CLUB TOURNAMENTS button.  You'll see the current list of open tournaments for your club like in the picture below.

• For extended tournament information you can click on the blue arrow to expand the tournament details.  The extended details will show you the course conditions, ending date, play format, your score/position and the leader's current score as is pictured below.

• You can enter the tournament directly from here or check the current leaderboard by clicking the appropriate link.
    • You can view the club events that have already completed by clicking on the CLOSED TOURNAMENTS tab.
    • Private tournaments can also be browsed and entered via the game-client by selecting the TOURNAMENTS heading and choosing the COUNTRY CLUB TOURNAMENTS option as shown below.

FAQ SECTION:

I currently have a 15 member country club.  If I choose to pay for the 30 member upgrade does that mean I'll have 45 members total?

- No. When you purchase the membership upgrade you are increasing the club's maximum membership. If you purchase the 30 member upgrade then your club will support up to 30 members. If you purchase the 100 member upgrade then your club will support a maximum of 100 members.

Do I have to upgrade my country club to run private tournaments?

- No.  All levels of country clubs can run private tournaments.

Are private tournaments open to all country club members?

- Free private tournaments can be played by any member of the country club. Paid entry tournaments with a credit purse are subject to local and national skill-gaming regulations and may not be available to all club members. (See: Ready-Go restrictions)

Is there a minimum or maximum amount of entries per private tournament?

- The only limit on the number of entries for a tournament is the maximum size of the country club.  Tournaments can be entered by 1 person or up to 250 people assuming the club owner has purchased the largest expansion option.  

Is there a limit on the number of private tournaments that can be running in my country club at any one time?

- Yes.  Country clubs will only be able to host up to 10 free tournaments and up to 10 paid tournaments at any given time.

Do I need permission from my country club owner to create my own tournament?

- No, but it is generally a good idea to check with your club's owner before starting your own tournament since there are restrictions on the amount of tournaments that can be running at the same time.

I've created a private tournament, but I think I made a mistake with the setup. Is there a way for me to fix it?

- No.  Private tournaments cannot be deleted or edited once you approve the final setup so please double check your tournament settings BEFORE submitting your event.  If you make a mistake during the setup process the tournament will have to run its course.

I've created a private paid entry tournament, but I left the prize set to Trophy Only.  What will happen to the purse?

- If you forget to select a credit payout option then your tournament will automatically run with the Winner-Take-All prize option.

Is there a tournament fee on paid entry private tournaments?

- Yes. Just like Ready-Go tournaments WGT will charge a 20% tournament fee on all paid entry tournaments. The tournament fee will be deducted from each player's entry fee once the tournament is completed.  The remainder of the purse will be distributed according to the tournament setup.  For example, if you run a 200 credit entry tournament and 10 players enter the event then the total purse will be 2000 credits.  WGT will collect 400 credits in tournament fees leaving 1600 to be distributed among those who participated as per the tournament's payout rules.

So, if I enter a 100 credit tournament does that mean the tournament fee is charged on top of that for a total of 120 credits?

No. The entry fee for a 100 credit tournament will always be 100 credits. The tournament fee is deducted from the player's entry fee itself. In this case, 80 of the player's 100 credits would go to the tournament purse leaving 20 credits that would be taken in for the tournament fee.

Where can I find the payout rules for each private tournament?

- Private tournament payout rules can be found by opening up the game client and clicking Country Club Tournaments from the Tournaments selection menu. Select the event you are interested in and click PAYOUT.

What tees will I play from in private tournaments?

- You will play from the tees designated by your tier.

Are private tournament earnings added to my career earnings?

- Yes. Your Country Club's winnings will also be increased.

How long will it take to receive credits if I win?

- Each paid entry private tournament will be paid out and closed shortly after the tournament deadline.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• When choosing the Random Conditions option there is a problem where the conditions displayed on the website sometimes do not match the conditions displayed in the game client.  The game client has the correct conditions for the tournament!
    • Private tournament ending times on the website may be incorrectly showing an improper end date.  This does not affect the end-date in the client since the client shows a countdown timer instead of a specific date. This should be fixed rather quickly, but please take note of it while you are browsing CC events on the website.  (RESOLVED)
  • WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 3:26 AM

Even more info about private tournaments can be found in the Country Club Tournaments section of the FAQ.

If you haven't already don't forget to check out the news about the rest of the update.  As always, please post your comments and suggestions regarding this release here.

Thanks and enjoy!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 4:01 AM

Pretty cool stuff.

When was the update? I didn't see any notice of it.

Well I guess it's time to come in last in my CC's tournies..............Damn you Lee

• Ghazan316
    40 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 4:03 AM

Bravo WGT. Now i finally have a reason to join a country club. Anybody wants me, let me know.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 4:21 AM

WGTniv:
    Scroll down to the CLUB UPGRADE section and you will see a section that looks like the picture below.  Simply choose your preferred membership amount and click the UPGRADE CLUB LEVEL button.  The credits will be deducted from your account and your club will be instantly upgraded.  If you do not have the credits to cover the upgrade you can click the BUY CREDITS button to purchase more credits.

Hey Niv!  First thing I noticed is when I selected an option (of course I went right to the 250 members) and hit the upgrade club button, it only added 15 people to the club and charged 100 credits.  I tried it again and low and behold it only upgraded me to the next lowest level!!!

So I had to buy in 4 times to get to the current max of 250 members!!  Is it supposed to be like this?  If so what is the point to the radio buttons?  If not, you'll have a few more posts on this bug I'm sure!

Lee

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 4:44 AM

Hi Niv,

Is it only club owners that can upgrade the CC? It seems a bit unfair expecting the owner to foot the bill - is there anyway other members can contribute by gifting credits to the owner?

Paul

PS - the new full screen mode doesnt seem to work in Firefox browser - the cursor freezes at the top of the backswing, leaving the swing graphic stuck halfway up the screen.

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 5:23 AM

I am afraid it is not much use to a system that again only allows the "better ability player" to win all the time . If it had an option to handicap each member of a CC it could work, but as it stands  it only allows all players to play off "scratch"  thus, creating a win win situation for the "better ability" player in that CC to walk away with  the bulk of the credits on probably most occassions.  WGT if you are interested in adopting a working handicap system that  works, please contact me and perhaps  I could assist  in how it is achieved.

The advantages however would mean no need for separate scorecard uploading , and the possibility to return after a disconnection, as all data is stored into databases, but in cases where hole by hole scores are also required (such as stableford comps) it doesn't really help.

And, how long will it be before many members of CC's will be crying out that the system again is biased toward the players that win each week, similar to ready go's?

Maybe CC owners will limit their own clubs  to those of the same playing ability to get around this problem , but this surely will restrict the full monetary potential that WGT are striving for.  Unless WGT are looking to create small clans and to alienate the general WGT community as a whole

As for the vapour balls , well the least said the better!!!

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 5:38 AM

Crazyman2:
    I am afraid it is not much use to a system that again only allows the "better ability player" to win all the time . If it had an option to handicap each member of a CC it could work, but as it stands  it only allows all players to play off "scratch"  thus, creating a win win situation for the "better ability" player in that CC to walk away with  the bulk of the credits on probably most occassions.  WGT if you are interested in adopting a working handicap system that  works, please contact me and perhaps  I could assist  in how it is achieved.

Patience grasshopper :)  A hcp system is in the works as per the Upcoming Product thread.  Let them lay the groundwork first, this past update is a good step in the right direction for sure.  But I can understand the one or two piece at a time mentality.

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 5:49 AM

LOL Lee that has been "in the sytem" for as long as I can remember.    And if you think that it is  a step in the right direction I will have to disagree with you.  It is a further step in the backward direction as it STILL favours  players like yourself  (no malice intended) as the majority cannot compete against those "chosen few" like yourself.

How many CC's  are there where players of  less ability could compete with those  that are head and shoulders above them ?  Are you saying This "step in the right direction" eliminates that?

I have run a fair and working handicap system for over 6 months on here using WGT formats , so I know  it isn't difficult to implement.

Is it fair  to reward those  that will constantly benefit in ready go's and now  CC  simply because they are the "chosen few"?

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 6:03 AM

Crazyman2:
    LOL Lee that has been "in the sytem" for as long as I can remember.    And if you think that it is  a step in the right direction I will have to disagree with you.  It is a further step in the backward direction as it STILL favours  players like yourself  (no malice intended) as the majority cannot compete against those "chosen few" like yourself.

Well it certainly has not been on the "official list" for more than 6 months or so, that is for sure... And as I said it's a step in the right direction.... it is by no means a solution to leveling the playing field for all competitors.  Keep in mind, you actually need to be able to host a tournament before you can handicap it!

Crazyman2:
    I have run a fair and working handicap system for over 6 months on here using WGT formats , so I know  it isn't difficult to implement.
    No malice intended here either, but, please enlighten us on how you deal with the sandbagging issue on you site, what determines a sandbagger?  What are the hard and fast rules that can be translated into the legal jargon that WGT would need to develop in order to disqualify/exclude anyone 'suspected' of sandbagging.  Yes handicapping, in pricipal, is easy.... it's just math.... but to close all the legal loopholes and make the competitions fair for everyone involved is where it becomes difficult, no?

Besides, CC members have a choice to belong to whatever club they want to belong to.  If all the guys abandon my club because of my ability, then so be it.  Good luck to them in another CC that better fits thier ability. 

RSS