Forums

Help › Forums

CC Upgrades & Private Tournament Walkthrough

Mon, Aug 21 2017 3:01 PM (195 replies)
  • TheDuckinator
    1,691 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2013 7:47 AM

The problem with WGT addressing CC upgrades is that most of the things we would like to see do not make any money for them. If there is not a financial gain for them, it goes to the bottom of their "To Do List". It is what it is....

Duck

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2013 8:21 AM

TheDuckinator:
    The problem with WGT addressing CC upgrades is that most of the things we would like to see do not make any money for them. If there is not a financial gain for them, it goes to the bottom of their "To Do List". It is what it is....

You're probably right but WGT needs to know that if it wasn't for country clubs, a lot of players would pack the game in. The clubs try to keep the game interesting and fun.

• TheDuckinator
    1,691 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2013 9:01 AM

courteneyfish:

TheDuckinator:

You're probably right but WGT needs to know that if it wasn't for country clubs, a lot of players would pack the game in. The clubs try to keep the game interesting and fun.

I could not agree more. The CC's keep players here and keeps them playing. WGT makes money every time a player takes a swing. WGT needs to recognize the importance of CC's and start paying a little more attention to our needs.

Duck

• KevinFleenor
    1,455 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2013 7:03 PM

Also agreeing over here. Myself included. If it weren't for my cc, I'd have very little interest in playing & spending money.

I realize it's probably supposed to be mysterious, but that thread about successful country clubs had me thinking. They want to hear from successful clubs about how they did it, what keeps the members there, etc - But doesn't that go hand in hand with CC features? The more tools a club has to work with, the better they can mold their club. Sounds logical.

To add to my confusion even further, there's this:

WGTdbloshoe:

As to adding new features to CC's, that list has already been discussed internally and pretty much been decided on.  There has been many a discussions in the forums on how to improve so, most of the ideas people have, has already been discussed. 

Wouldn't it serve both parties well if that discussion and what's been decided was shared? It might stop us from asking for the same things all the time, or help us understand why this or that won't be implemented.

As far as not making the improvements because they won't make money - honestly at this point I wouldn't even mind if they did install a Paid feature.

Wan't to make tierd tourneys? pay.  Ability to delete a tourney? $$$. Change club image, make a country club wall? 1000 credits. Want forum categories? PAY UP!

Honestly, I don't know how the larger clubs do it in their forum, but with 38 people in mine, my forum gets crowded. I look forward to the successful owners committee's suggestions on that, and other things.

• DaveShore
    469 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2013 5:36 AM

Entirely agree with all the recent comments. I recently opened a new CC to try to attract players from my TWO Group. Given that TWO will pull the plug on the game, surely this is the ideal time for WGT to pull out all the stops to improve CCs as many TWO players/groups are looking for a new home!!!

Dave Shore

UK Expats and Friends CC

• MichaelHazen
    491 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2013 8:42 AM

I've harped WGT at times to add "little" things to make CC play better (By the way I intend on dropping $30, not that it's alot of money, once I move to level 81 to get better clubs, for what reason? To do better in my CC tourneys!).

Two things I'd ask or have suggestions for now are.....

1) More trophies. I've asked about this before. I run a 20 tournament season in my CC. 7 trophies gets hard to split up. Especially when 4 are for majors! 3 or so more trophies would be great!

2) Allow players who create tournaments to set it up so if they want to put their own credits to the winner (top 3, etc) they can do so and players entering the tournament don't have to pay. I'd be happy to drop 750 credits a week in my tourney's if I could get away with them not having to pay to play. It would be a legitimate "purse".

That's all for now, you've done great on courses, the pink & black and multi-round for CC's.......remember sometimes....it's just the "little things" we love :)

Mike

• 7WGT7
    3 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 11:54 AM

amen

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 2:27 PM

what could a country club do that could harm WGT ? they are all money makers !! in house tournaments promotes play which in turn results in product sales. what could be better in WGT's eyes !!  even the in house tournaments that have an entry fee - WGT gets 20% !! country clubs = revenue !!   play often have fun !!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 3:29 PM

Champ Speed Greens in CC's would be nice to see

-Roger

• 20feet
    2,097 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 4:10 PM

"You're probably right but WGT needs to know that if it wasn't for country clubs, a lot of players would pack the game in. The clubs try to keep the game interesting and fun."

Your right, and thats what MY C.C does

RSS