Forums

Help › Forums

Members frustrations: Need help from WGT

Fri, Jul 12 2013 10:33 AM (61 replies)
  • RemBeau
    2,515 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2012 8:03 AM

Hi WGT

In our CC we have multiple tournaments created, average 15 to 20 per week.  Some of them are intended for specifics Tiers  as other CC would do also.

We did everything to be clear when a tourney is created: For Tour Pro & pro Only. TM and Legends Only. Etc... We send many advises in our Forum to be careful and we did see improvements over time. But there is always players with the wrong tier that sign up & play the game.  This create frustration on & on for CC Club owners to do the police and members aswell.

What is sad, is that it is the Low Tiers players that most of the time that are impacted with this situation.  Regular WGT tourney have this option mainly to be Fairplay and create interest for each different tiers.

PLEASE WGT: WE NEED THIS OPTION ASAP , WE WANT TO BE FAIRPLAY WITH OUR MEMBERS AS YOU DO  & HAVE FUN. 

:)

• WarnersSafeCure
    682 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2012 8:56 AM

i bear your frustrations.  i had the same problem when i was involved in country clubs. you can post on the cc forum, in the competition description.  and you will still get players ,participating.   even in the tournament heading ie,  (ST ANDREWS BACK 9 TOUR PRO ONLY). and you will still get players from other tiers playing.   what can you do about it.  i dont know.  but i know exactly where ya coming from. 

as far as wgt taking any action, i wouldnt hold ya breath.

• BogeyOne
    1,967 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2012 9:02 AM

RemBeau:

We did everything to be clear when a tourney is created: For Tour Pro & pro Only. TM and Legends Only. Etc... We send many advises in our Forum to be careful and we did see improvements over time. But there is always players with the wrong tier that sign up & play the game.  This create frustration on & on for CC Club owners to do the police and members as well.

The people that are doing that are not worth having as members.  Period.

I have tossed many out of Senior Citizens for this, not for just one encroachment, but for multiple instances.  How many is that?  You decide.

Unfortunately, this policing comes with the territory.  But, I know that your members will appreciate it.

I run a tight ship -- a very tight ship -- in my club.

BogeyOne, owner of Senior Citizens.

• 100plus
    801 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2012 9:54 AM

I also as well as some of my members set up CC tourneys specific to groups, tiers,etc.We just finished 1 directed at the ladies only in the CC consisting of 3 rounds ,frt 9 back nine and a full 18  with the combined scores being used for gifting out to 1st ,2nd and 3rd.To avoid your problem I am quite specific in our forum that any1 can play for fun practice or to kill some time BUT ONLY THE LADIES in this case would be eligible for prizes.Works for me

Trev (aka 100plus)

Owner Laff N Play CC

• pjctas0822
    4,556 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2012 10:42 AM

Overall WGT needs to give CC owners better Power Tools. The forum is a joke . You cant even create Categories and when there are alot of postings within a CC some of them get over looked . The ability to give members Titles ....moderator for the forums...Vice president, Tourney Directors etc etc etc.

It is so hard to fathom why WGT doesnt have better options for CC's and such. Which is why if the CC I own doesnt grow I will start a League outside of the WGT platform for people to join without having to quit their CC. 

You would think that WGT would hear us and give us a little more power. It is generic and boring to no end. 

Yall listening?

• RemBeau
    2,515 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 10:02 PM

Thanks for your inputs Bogeyone.

The problem comes with the size ofthe ship. Presently we have 246 members on board. 

The majority of players that do it, does not do it on purposes.  Why do we need to play the police as CC owner. We have other thing to do to.

We just need the tool to control this.

Rembeau  Sherbrooke County Club.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 10:24 PM

Rembeau,

This would be a fantastic question to ask MisterWGT during the next Q & A session with the WGT community.

This is an idea (feature) that is essential to any multiple tiered CC. The administrator in my CC had the very same problem as you described a few weeks ago as well.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 10:44 PM

There are to be several changes to how Country Clubs work being implemented very soon.

• pjctas0822
    4,556 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 11:40 PM

piztaker:

There are to be several changes to how Country Clubs work being implemented very soon.

And what might those be ? How can some people get info and some not? Was it said at the meeting ? If so then it shouldn't be a secret . Just anxious to know is all.

• DonR1231
    3,711 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2012 1:27 AM

I have member that just joined my club as a Hack.  His profile says he has been a member since June 19, 2012, but he is carrying a 68 average and plays very well for a Hack.  I questioned this.  His reply was that he had played on WGT for several week as a GUEST and got to where he was a better player before joining WGT.  Is that possible or do I have a double profiler as a member in my club.

Donr1231

Bogey Busters CC

RSS