Help › Forums

Sandbagging Change

Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:03 AM (162 replies)
  • BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 9:47 AM

Milfshake:

opyeuclid:

It,s not so much about the players like me who play for fun ,But the ones who start a nother account ,have all the notes on every course and every hole , that lay low , and try to take other players for credits .

OPY

DING!

Wanna play some matchplay? I'll let you win so youre moved to Legend Tier in one match. :)

I suppose you might dodge matchplay now also?

• JackTaylor
    225 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:10 PM

downthecundy:

well i guess ive been a victim of this new scoring system,played a matchplay and on completion my tier advanced from amateur to pro ! considering my record is at best average,i can only assume that i have been victimised purely on my choice of country club .having played very few ranked rounds,i have never won or even placed within the first 10 of any tournament and my career earnings were $5 + at the time my tier advanced. I would appreciate a response from any wgt admin regarding why i was targetted.

Well Thanks all for taking some of the enjoyment out this as I normally dont play ranked rounds and BOOOMMM now I am a MASTER after playing a match play..LOVELY i could barley compete at TP but now a master...sheeshhh...thanks all.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:48 PM

JackTaylor:
    Well Thanks all for taking some of the enjoyment out this as I normally dont play ranked rounds and BOOOMMM now I am a MASTER after playing a match play..LOVELY i could barley compete at TP but now a master...sheeshhh...thanks all.

Don't think you've thought this through WGT, sure Jack isn't the kind of player this rule change SHOULD be aimed at...

As you have it now it will p^ss off the recreational players , and litle else..

If I was a cheat I'd open a few sleeper accounts, level up through consec days,buy my clubs then BANG as many RGs / MPCs as possible till it became not viable anymore (around T/M ).All this way of implementing a 'stop bagger/2nd acc' policy would mean was I needed more accounts on the go at one time,as they become obsolete quicker.

This needs 'MANPOWER'  I said in another post, "I could find 20+ cheats in 1/2 an hour". You have stated in the past you have finite resources,but doing this ^^ isn't a great cost,rather an extention of someones duties for a small increment of time per day.

This rather ham fisted way of curing a major problem by appeasing us with a "well at least we did something / tried" is naive at best. imo.

If you want the community to think you are serious..get a human on the job, don't just punch a few computer keys and apply an equation unilaterally, that cannot differentiate between innocents and cheats.

All that said I applaude the effort, it is just woefully lacking in substance and execution...ATM ?....Andy

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:53 PM

downthecundy:

well i guess ive been a victim of this new scoring system,played a matchplay and on completion my tier advanced from amateur to pro ! considering my record is at best average,i can only assume that i have been victimised purely on my choice of country club .having played very few ranked rounds,i have never won or even placed within the first 10 of any tournament and my career earnings were $5 + at the time my tier advanced. I would appreciate a response from any wgt admin regarding why i was targetted.

Good news!  Please send your CC owner my regards.

Thanks

Cycle

• jbh1212
    102 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 1:26 PM

hello guys/girls, it matters not anything we complain about, we will always find something else to complain about....i was one of the guys wondering how a person shoots a 27 or a 26,well people its not down to cheating trust me,to be honest i thought that always,then i played and played practiced and i shot a 27 so can be done.The worst thing now on this game is the QUITTERS and WGT not allowing us back in after these people quit,there needs to be a system made to stop this. this game would be so much better if people stopped complaining and just got on with it,remember the person that we say is a sandbagger,is only cheating himself,its a game people.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:29 PM

alcaucin:
    If I was a cheat I'd open a few sleeper accounts, level up through consec days,buy my clubs then BANG as many RGs / MPCs as possible till it became not viable anymore (around T/M ).All this way of implementing a 'stop bagger/2nd acc' policy would mean was I needed more accounts on the go at one time,as they become obsolete quicker.
    This ain't sandbagging, it's plain cheating. Though they will be "cared for" by the new feature, too, the main target may well be those avoiding ranked play and raking in challenges. If the system focuses on money wins it will hit the right ones anyway.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:31 PM

---

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:41 PM

downthecundy:
    my tier advanced from amateur to pro ! [...] my career earnings were
    $5 +
    at the time my tier advanced. I would appreciate a response from any wgt admin regarding why i was targetted.
    Poor lad from Professional Sandbaggers CC! Someone stole your candy?

Take an educated guess from a user? => look at my highlightings!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:44 PM

Well done WGT.

This game wasn't meant to only be played from any one tier. I'm a recreational player myself and can't wait to get into the Tour Legend tier, and continue to be challenged. Just .10 to go.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:46 PM

sorry to those who play with no desire to be challenged or improve and just hit from the same ole spot with the same ole gear.  it's a game (sport)  you can't help but get better by playing.  okay, not really sorry.  everyone levels up (or should) as time goes by.

it's still fun.  you'll get used to it.....and be better for it

first time you bowled, did you break 100?  how about the 100th time you bowled?  would be lovely to have a handicap of a 80avg bowler with the skills of a 220 player eh?

kudos wgt

RSS