Forums

Help › Forums

Sandbagging Change

Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:03 AM (162 replies)
  • WGTwildcat
    647 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 9:45 AM

In response to WGT player feedback about sandbagging (misrepresenting one’s true ability to gain advantage by playing at a lower tier from closer tee boxes), WGT is now using more than just ranked stroke play scores to  determine each player’s average score and appropriate tier ranking.

For obvious reasons, WGT is not sharing exact details of these changes, but they include factoring in scores from players who perform well in tournaments and challenge games for credits.

We still encourage the community’s feedback on Sandbagging, but believe this is an important step to reducing the practice and keeping the game fair.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 9:46 AM

Great news Miss Cat.

• mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 9:58 AM

^^^^^^^^^^ X100

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 9:59 AM

A huge plus, it should flow over to those that do not play in credits matches as well, but stay at lower tiers for obvious reasons

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:07 AM
    It,s good to see WGT doing something / anything about this . Good for you WGT . My name is OPY and I am a forum troll .
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:40 AM

Sounds fair ! ... L90+ yet Master Tiers

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:56 AM

I'm actually glad that WGT discloses the details that way no one manipulates the system again.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:57 AM

opyeuclid:
    It,s good to see WGT doing something / anything about this . Good for you WGT .

Thanks Opy! We are wracking our brains trying to come up with solutions to this problem, and fortunately we have a dedicated community who provides endless feedback :)

Stay tuned for more evolving :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 11:09 AM

It is great news to hear that the WGT staff is tackling this issue!  Including earnings through tournaments and challenges seems like a reasonable solution to me.  Best of luck and I think this is great news for your loyal customers that have been getting ripped off by cheats.

Thanks!

Cycle

PS... Please check the players in "Professional Sandbaggers Country Club" ASAP.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 11:28 AM

Lots of L80+ Ams, Pros & Tour Pros that like to prey on other players in non credit Stroke, Match, Alt & Blitz too...just saying 

If you would like a list I am sure the membership would be more than happy to provide one....LOL ;-)

All kidding aside, a real quick solution is to make the tier ups not only based on avg & ranked rounds but factor in Levels also. So if a player is trying to hold back tiering up by not playing ranked rounds and keeping their average low or high or let's say they have enough ranked rounds with a high average and are keeping it there then at a certain level that level factor would kick in and tier them up.

RSS