Forums

Help › Forums

Sandbagging Change

Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:03 AM (162 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:07 PM

jbh1212:
    just got on with it,remember the person that we say is a sandbagger,is only cheating himself,

You are wrong..........

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:08 PM

alosso:
    This ain't sandbagging, it's plain cheating.

Hence the word 'cheat'.....

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:15 PM

downthecundy:

well i guess ive been a victim of this new scoring system,played a matchplay and on completion my tier advanced from amateur to pro ! considering my record is at best average,i can only assume that i have been victimised purely on my choice of country club .having played very few ranked rounds,i have never won or even placed within the first 10 of any tournament and my career earnings were $5 + at the time my tier advanced. I would appreciate a response from any wgt admin regarding why i was targetted.

Your MP stats show a big winning record against everyone below master tier, so be glad they did not promote you to master tier directly, where your stats and your equipment belong. MP stats now count. However, if you still desire to play from hack tees, you can do so in practice mode. Unless the inability to take someone elses credits in that mode makes it unattractive to you.

• downthecundy
    20 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:20 PM

alosso:

Poor lad from Professional Sandbaggers CC! Someone stole your candy?

Take an educated guess from a user? => look at my highlightings!

Like your opinion matters alosso,the man who averages 6.5 posts per day since joining in 2011.Get a life dude !! wow

why should i,or anyone else for that matter,be forced to play ranked games to increase tier and difficulty when we may not feel competant enough to play at a higher tier.I have used hard cash to buy my equiptment,which wgt have been happy to accept,yet before ive had a chance to "break them in" im forcably advanced to next tier.

• downthecundy
    20 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:31 PM

PUHOLINO:
    Your MP stats show a big winning record against everyone below master tier, so be glad they did not promote you to master tier directly, where your stats and your equipment belong. MP stats now count. However, if you still desire to play from hack tees, you can do so in practice mode. Unless the inability to take someone elses credits in that mode makes it unattractive to you

For your information,i have lost more credits than i have won,i also play far more scored matchplay rounds than challenge,my record is displayed for all to see on challenge....my tournament success is poor.Open your eyes if your looking for high earner/low tier players,i certainly dont qualify.Some kinda notification of scoring rules would have been the fair thing to do,easier to hyjack my profile and alter my tier it seems.

• LukasDad
    5 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:46 PM

duffer19:

sorry to those who play with no desire to be challenged or improve and just hit from the same ole spot with the same ole gear.  it's a game (sport)  you can't help but get better by playing.  okay, not really sorry.  everyone levels up (or should) as time goes by.

it's still fun.  you'll get used to it.....and be better for it

first time you bowled, did you break 100?  how about the 100th time you bowled?  would be lovely to have a handicap of a 80avg bowler with the skills of a 220 player eh?

kudos wgt

I do have desire to be challenged and improve.

Unfortunately I will always have to use the same ole gear. Not all of us can afford the R11 club set, Cleveland wedges and Nike balls. How much did that cost you BTW? (I have NEVER purchased balls, plain can't afford too)

Does that mean I have to compete at a level with players that can and get my butt kicked! If you played me, I would be helping you be a sandbagger!!

In golf (and bowling) you can only be as good as your equipment. This tier system is plain unfair to those that can't afford to spend money, especially in this economy.

• row2seat2
    1,441 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:10 PM

WGT can move me back to hack anytime they want

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:53 PM

Well spoken duffer. : )

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 5:06 PM

The way I see it, this new method WGT has implemented will do more good for the game, then bad.

For the casual players that are unhappy with the new system, you know you won't just walk away. This game is an addiction to anyone who plays it even once. I believe the most despondent players will concede, and accept the inevitable challenge that faces them.

Hittem' straight!

RSS