Help › Forums

Sandbaggers

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 25 2010 9:17 PM (51 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 11:47 AM

Snaike:
    The only thing I would like to point out is that WGT is actively seeking multiple account holders.

Where do you apply?   ;-)

Oh, my bad. You meant seeking out. Sorry.

• terrydongle
    54 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 12:08 PM

If i was the owner off WGT i wouldn't mind multiple account holders, why ? more money thats why.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 12:14 PM

@YJ...    OW!

@ terrydongle....  while your premise is correct, the flaw lies in the fact that some of the players with "Master" skills are using their second, third and fourth accounts to win "Pro", "Amateur", and "Hack" tournaments...  Taking the winnings away from those who rightfully belong in those tiers and are playing by the rules of only having one account.

It negates the entire theory of "Tiers" when you have lying, cheating, sociopathic a-holes like that.

Cheers.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 12:19 PM

terrydongle:

If i was the owner off WGT i wouldn't mind multiple account holders, why ? more money thats why.

That would depend on the skill level of the multi account holder.

With the ability to now gift Pro level clubs and balls, I could....

start a new acct, get it up to the Pro rank within a day or two, gift myself the best Pro level clubs available, and then win a few MPC matches in order to build up credits (or if needed, play and beat my old acct in order to gain credits), move unto the Master tier with those additional credits which would be used to buy a new driver at the least.   at that point, I would begin to enter in the Ready Go's which have been a credit cow for me, and that's considering I only win maybe 5% of the RG's I participate in, but I do finish 2nd in a large portion of them.  

All of that would require zero investment in the game, and is very doable.

• terrydongle
    54 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 2:10 PM

If WGT were that bothered about it they would stop the action off being able to gift clubs wouldn't they ?

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 2:22 PM

terrydongle:

If WGT were that bothered about it they would stop the action off being able to gift clubs wouldn't they ?

I think WGT changing the criteria is the problem, not the actual gift giving itself.   When the feature was released, you weren't allowed to gift any clubs or balls that were Pro or Master tier only.

• terrydongle
    54 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 3:15 PM

Well, maybe you should only be allowed to gift another player if he/she has been playing for a certain amount off time, and if he/she's playing record looks legitimate to a WGT moderator, then WGT can approve the gift within  48 hrs, instead off letting you gift to any Tom,Dick or Harry.

• lawman48
    3,133 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 3:33 PM

Why not just scrap the score averages, and start over. I would make everybody play the four courses once [18 holes ] in a time frame that WGT thought suitable. Once your average was set then only tournaments and ready-go games would count towards your averages. Anybody not having an average would not be eligible to enter any tournament or ready go games until they had acquired an average.players without averages could still play everything else, and in multiplayer games if they dont have an average it would maybe stop them quitting.

• AceQuest
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 9:35 PM

Thanks Snaike. I don't know enough about the company to know if they want to be known as having the best reputation on the Internet for "fair gaming". Ethics get set aside when big money is involved.  Would be nice to see it happen just once. We can only hope...

• wayfader
    50 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2010 3:21 PM

I played a non challenged match play game at  Bethpage against a hack. His average was 140.00. After 1st. hole and formal intro's, I thought it would be a quick game. after 4th., I'm up 3, and he's bled me for all the info on my betting and gifting. 1-3rd. hole he was 9 over. He pars 4th., it's halved, and he birdies and gets 1 eagle to beat me up 2 at end of round. Even on web golf there seems to be people that get a certain prestige from a hustle.

RSS