Forums

Help › Forums

Sandbaggers

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 25 2010 9:17 PM (51 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 4:05 PM

Sandbaggers are a problem for sure. But just as much of a problem in my opinion are the multi-account players. I have seen the winner of the hack tier shoot something like a 29 or 30 to win. And this was their first ranked round. The first day that their account was opened. Although I realize they are playing from much shorter tees still a 29 or 30 at BPB the first time out is a little unbelievable don't you think? 

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 4:12 PM

neildiamond11790:

Agreed Snaike, but there should be some criteria that WGT can implement that should all be known to remove the chances for anyone to defend how they can shoot 13 strokes higher in back to back rounds, when one is a premium tourney, and the 2nd round is just a ranked round.

And I do sent he email, and I have been successful at getting some things done, but if you draw a hard line in the sand, this is the policy, these are the parameters it will put an end to a lot of it, not all of it, but a lot of it.  If it were just a game online, no actual winnings, then fine, but there are actual dollars spent and real prizes won.

Love the upgrades, love the new courses, just asking for some better stats.

Hey neil it does happen even to those of us who do play the best we can every round. It happened to me just this past week. a 32 in the first round of the multi-round tourney at Kia followed by a 45 at Kia in the 9 hole unlimited. And I played the best I could in both rounds. And the conditions were virtually the same. As badly as I play sometimes it makes me wonder when I do shoot a really good round. 

• CrazyHorses
    16 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 4:16 PM

Hi guys...

Ive been away from WTG since September and clicked my bookmark last night to get back into the swing of things.

Part of the reason, actually the majority of it was because of the blatant cheating occuring in this game.

I think Rustys' idea is a very good one that should at the very least be looked at...

Anyway, Ive come back to realise that nothing I can see has been done to stem the sandbagging and cheating, having been gone for the best part of 8 months.

Surely something must be implemented here, and soon!

CH

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 5:24 PM

CrazyHorses:
    Ive been away from WTG since September

Off topic for a second...Wecome back CrazyHorses!!! Such a strong player..nice to see you again!

• aeg200808
    1 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 5:28 PM

This whole concept of "sandbagging" is ridiculous... someone accused me of cheating the other day. At the time I was a 70.5 and then whipped off 6 birdies in match play.

Have you guys ever heard of something called "IMPROVEMENT"? sometimes you play well, sometimes you don't. Doesn't always mean you're cheating.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 5:31 PM

I've been harping on this for awhile already, simple to implement and kills sandbagging. 

Tourneyment scores HAVE to be given much more weight or total weight towards progression in the tiers.

Multiaccount holders a little harder to stop but sure need to be dealt with too.

• Greenkeepa
    55 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 5:54 PM

just looked at the leader boards and saw what your talking about, i agree with most of the comments / suggestions, but its easy to point fingers and say this person or that person is involved in sandbagging but can be hard to prove. However this can be solved in my opinion by changing the prize winners to random draw, rather than top scorers. I am on the amateur tier so that may or may not work for the pro tier. i dont see myself getting to pro or master as my game is so all over the place always hitting flubs. 

anyway thats my 2 bobs worth

• Ribrown3rd
    38 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 6:22 PM

"just looked at the leader boards and saw what your talking about, i agree with most of the comments / suggestions, but its easy to point fingers and say this person or that person is involved in sandbagging but can be hard to prove". 

Not that hard to prove,Pro shooting 30-32 in money tournys and 40-45 in ranked no money...pretty obvious ,short tee's,Rapture's with the slow-motion meter,Pro level for more than a couple months? C'mon once you get the raptures the escalation from pro to master is pretty quick! Not that that should be the measuring stick,but scores c'mon,who on this site that has been playing for more than 6 months goes from 30 to 45 all the time? Doesn't happen!

• crazyhorse75
    40 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 8:26 PM

OK, wasn't going to post on the forum anymore but this interested me. bottom line, ' cheating happens '. it would seem to come in many variants and this is only one of such. WGT knows it happens, some members agree it does. remember, there is an option to select a single player game. you select a course you want to play, then decide if you want it to be ranked or practiced. i would guess some may choose practice over ranked. this would not move their average score but stand them in good stead for the money making rounds. perhaps practice rounds should only be allowed with the basic starter equipment, no matter what tier you are at. would this help, who-knows ? anyway, for me, the free competitions that have randomly drawn winners is the route I'm following now. that way i aim to beat my score each time and not the ' minority bandit ' that wants to appear top of the leader-board. so what if i finish way off the top spot, my chances will still be as good as the alleged 1st placed member. by the way, this is posted and aimed at the ' minority bandits ' that try to achieve but not towards the true members that can.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 8:34 PM

Not you

RSS