Based on lots of WGT player feedback, we're making some improvements for the 2015 Virtual Tour...
- More Champions – This year will be divided into 4 shorter seasons, with 3 monthly tournaments each including 2 Tour events and 1 Major event
- More Competition – Monthly Tour events will still include 1 unlimited play round and 1 single-play round, but each Major event will now include 1 unlimited play round and 2 single-play rounds
- Current Tiers – The season leaderboards will now be updated at the end of every monthly tournament and include players based on their current Tier, to be more fair to players across tiers
- Credit Prizes – Prize purses will continue to be 200,000 WGT Credits for monthly Tour events and 400,000 WGT Credits for each Major event, which is a total of 3,200,000 in prizes planned for 2015
- Tier Prizes – Prize purses will be shifted even more to the higher Master/Tour Master and Legend/Tour Legend tiers, with smaller purses for the Pro/Tour Pro tiers as most of those winners tier-up quickly anyway
- Season Standings – Champions will be based on the season standings after each 3-month quarter, with a final match streamed live on Twitch.TV, so there will be 4 Quarterly Champions for 2015
- Quarterly Championships – The top 2 Tour Legends after each 3-month quarter season will compete in a 2-player match play Quarterly Championship that players must stream live on Twitch.tv for an additional winner-take-all 10,000 WGT Credit prize
- Golf Channel – WGT Virtual Tour scores will continue to stream live on Golf Channel TV and golfchannel.com, and champions will be interviewed on Golf Channel as well
- Schedule Changes – Some schedule changes were required: Pinehurst No. 2 is now a Major in June, Bethpage Black has been added for October, and Pebble Beach (full stroke play) has been moved to the final Major in December
- Fair Play – WGT will increase monitoring of Virtual Tour standings for any violation to WGT terms and service, including players creating multiple accounts to win at lower tiers, or using third-party software that impacts the swing meter, etc.
Virtual Tour February Tournament
The Virtual Tour continues this month on Pebble Beach with the Pebble Beach Classic.
Play the unlimited first round and post your score by 2/23, then play the single-play second round 2/24-2/28 for a chance to split the 200,000 WGT Credit purse.
Follow full WGT Virtual Tour coverage on Golf Channel, including online scores, virtual leaderboards, updates and even interviews with WGT players, just like the professional tours. See Golf Channel Coverage.