In December, WGT will run the first-ever Virtual Tour Championship, with a record ONE MILLION WGT CREDIT PURSE, a value of $10,000 in WGT Credits.
The Top 70 players who finish in each of the Pro thru Tour Legend tiers on the Virtual Tour season leaderboard thru November will qualify to play in the December Championship. Held 12/2 to 12/8 for a prize purse of 500,000 WGT Credits. See details below.
See Season Leaderboard
The top 4 Tour Legends will play in a final round (on a brand new WGT strokeplay course) and will need to stream that round on Twitch, so other players can watch. Held 12/11 to 12/14 for another prize purse of 500,000 WGT Credits. See details below.
2014 WGT Virtual Tour Championship
- Date - 12/2-12/8
- Eligible - Top 70 players in each of the Pro thru Tour Legend tiers based on the Virtual Tour Season Leaderboard thru November as posted on December 1
- Round 1 - Tue 12/2 to Fri 12/5 - unlimited-play round on Kiawah, 18-hole stroke play
- Round 2 - Sat 12/6 to Mon 12/8 - single-play round on Pinehurst No. 2, 18-hole stroke play
- Scoring - Combined score from Round 1 and Round 2
- Purse - 500,000 WGT Credits distributed to the Top 70 players in each Pro thru Tour Legend tier, and the 1st place prizes in WGT Credits by tier are:
- Tour Legend: 31,500
- Legend: 22,500
- Tour Master: 13,500
- Master: 9,000
- Tour Pro: 7,700
- Pro: 5,900
- Date - 12/11-12/14
- Eligible - The top 4 Tour Legends from the previous rounds
- Final Round - Thu 12/11 to Sun 12/14 - single-play round on a brand new WGT strokeplay course to be announced (will be released on 12/10 for practice rounds
- Stream - In order to be eligible for these prizes, each player must stream their complete final round on Twitch, notifying WGT in advance so WGT can contact players to watch
- Scoring - Single round score
- Purse - 500,000 WGT Credits distributed to the 4 Tour Legends based on their final round score. The prizes are as follows:
- 1st place: 250,000
- 2nd place: 125,000
- 3rd place: 75,000
- 4th place: 50,000
See final tournament rules and details to be published on 12/1/14.