Here are the highlights from today's product release. While we make an effort to include all updates made to the product, please note that occasionally some changes are unintentionally omitted.
SkyCaddie Walks the Course with You
In partnership with SkyGolf, makers of SkyCaddie rangefinders, WGT has launched multiple distance markers and aerial camera views for drives and approach shots. Now when you click ZOOM, you will be able to see multiple yardage measurements around greens and bunkers and view the hole from several strategically placed camera angles. You will be able to turn this feature on and off in the game options menu. To celebrate the release of the new SkyCaddie SGX (coming in March 2010), be sure to enter the SkyCaddie SGX Challenge today for a chance to win one of five new SGX devices.
Please note, there will be tournaments in the future where this feature is not allowed and will be turned off.
New Avatars in the Pro Shop
More looks are now available in the pro shop--show your uniqueness and pick up a new avatar today!
Ball Purchase Improvements in the Pro Shop
We did some house-cleaning in the ball section of the Pro Shop, making it easier to find the one you're looking for. On the main golf balls and WGT brand pages, you will see the types of balls available. After you click on the type of ball, you will see a drop-down menu that lists the colors available and their cost.
When you click BUY NOW, you will be able to specify how many 3-pack sleeves you want. For example, if you want a dozen balls, you would enter a quanity of "4" to buy four sleeves of balls or 12 in total.
Ready-Go Tournament Improvements
- We shortened the time you have to complete a ready-go round after it fills up from 24 hours to 12 hours.
- When you view a ready-go tournament in the game menu, you will see the number of people signed up, how many have posted a score, and the estimated end date and time.
- Players that have withdrawn from a ready-go will post a "WD" on the leaderboard.
- When a ready-go is filled but not ended, we will now show you the number of players who still need to post a score and the estimated end date/time of the tournament.
- The payout table now includes payout amounts for all 30 places.
New Equipment in the Pro Shop - Available to Pro+
- TaylorMade Daytona Putter - A balanced and forgiving putter, in meter increments of 15, 30, 60, 90 and 150ft.
- You can now turn off emails from forum threads where you checked the "Email me replies to this post." checkbox. Simply go to any post you made in the thread, click Edit, uncheck the box, and save. You can also turn it off by not checking the checkbox when you reply in the thread.
- You should no longer get an error message when you submit an abuse report in the forums.
- You should no longer get a blue screen when going into extra holes in match play.
- The Match Play Mastery award should now be adding up correctly.
- The aim indicator should no longer disappear on certain reverse views.
- When you forfeit a tournament, you will now see a green checkmark next to the tournament, indicating that you have played.
- When a friend starts playing a tournament while you have a multiplayer/friend invititation slot open, an additional "Add Player" slot will not be created.
- Corrected an issue that prevented proper multi-player matchmaking
- When playing with three players in a multiplayer round, game should no longer hang after tee-off.
- The ball should no longer "splash" on certain greens.
- Hole info has been fixed for Bethpage hole #9.