Here are the highlights from today's product release. While we make an effort to include all updates made to the product, please note that occasionally some changes are unintentionally omitted.
New Multiplayer Options
Customize your multiplayer games with new matchmaking features! When you create a multiplayer game, you can now choose the course and hole groups you want to play, in either ranked or practice mode. When searching for a group to join, you can set preferences for these parameters.
Credits for Advancing Tiers
As an incentive for fine-tuning your skills, you will now earn credits for moving up the tiers. Players already in the Pro and Master tiers will receive credits for the last tier advancement made (i.e. from Amateur to Pro). Hack and Amateur tier players will receive credits upon their next tier advancement. Here is a breakdown of the number of credits you earn when advancing tiers:
- Hack to Amateur - 50 credits
- Amateur to Pro - 100 credits
- Pro to Master- 200 credits
Full/Adjustable Game Screen
You can now play the game in full screen mode, or adjust it to whatever size you like. Simply click and drag the window to resize, or click on your browser's Full Screen button to experience the game in full-screen glory.
New Equipment in the Pro Shop
- Available to All Tiers:
- WGT B-ES ball - Enhances the amount of spin you get when you apply backspin to your swing. You only get the extra spin if you apply backspin, and the amount you get will vary depending on your tier and the club you are using.
- Exclusive to Pro & Master Tiers:
- Ping Redwood ZB Putter - This putter's 303 stainless steel clubhead is 100% precision-milled to exact specifications, creating clean, flowing lines and superior feel for greater confidence. This is the most precise putter we've added to date, and has meter increments of 15, 30, 45, 90 and 150 for greater distance control.
- Exclusive to Master Tier:
- Ping G10 Masters - Fitted with stiff shafts for increased swing speeds and distances while retaining the precision of the standard G10s.
- TaylorMade R9 TP Master Driver - Inverted cone geometry in a classic head shape helps to ensure fast ball speed and big distance even on off-center hits while offering both traditional and modern lines in a stunning driver head. The sophisticated high-inertia tip of the 65-gram low-torque graphite shaft promotes faster ball speed.
- TaylorMade Master Clubset - Fitted with stiff shafts for increased swing speeds and distances. Includes the R9 Fairway Wood, Burner Rescue T3, Tour Preferred Iron Set, and Z Satin TP Wedges.
Sell Back Your Clubs in the Pro Shop
You can now sell the equipment you no longer use back to the Pro Shop at a percentage of the current listed price. Learn more in our FAQs.
Online Status Updates
Let everyone know what you are doing right now with the new Status Updates feature! Your status updates appear below your profile picture and also in the Activity Feeds of you and your friends.
Set up tees times and converse with your friends with the new private messaging feature. Private messages may only be sent to people on your friend list. Learn more in our FAQs.
Our video tutorials are now accessible in the game window. If you are a new player, a Tutorials tab will appear during gameplay, allowing you to access the tutorials easily. Once you create an account and play a game while logged in, the tab will go away but you can still access the tutorials by clicking on the game menu.
- You should no longer receive duplicate feeds in your Activity Stream.
- The game should no longer hang or freeze when a player exits a multiplayer game by closing the game window.
- Your wind conditions in tournaments should now reflect the tier you were in when you entered the tournament, not your current tier (if different).