Help › Forums

Flop Shot Tutorial by Longwedge

Mon, Jan 11 2021 5:25 PM (47 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 3:29 PM

TesLa33:
    I always FLOP out of the sand.

I did, too, right up to Legend. The problem was that there is no consistency with a flop as opposed to a pitch or chip. You can play pitches and chips like putts, especially from sand with the pitch. Then you factor in the higher winds and faster greens and all of a sudden you realize you can operate better under the wind and control the rollout better with more accurate shots.

The flop for me has become a need to stop right now shot. You need that with Legend speed greens sometimes. The pitch or chip is the go to shot when you absolutely have to sink the shot.

• TesLa33
    109 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 4:04 PM

YankeeJim:
    The flop for me has become a need to stop right now shot.

I still disagree from my view point. I've played legend greens with legends in ALT SHOT and stroke play.

A need to stop right now shot is the most "tunable" shot their is. Learn to be aggressive with it, you have not?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 4:56 PM

TesLa33:

YankeeJim:
    The flop for me has become a need to stop right now shot.

I still disagree from my view point. I've played legend greens with legends in ALT SHOT and stroke play.

A need to stop right now shot is the most "tunable" shot their is. Learn to be aggressive with it, you have not?

I think you are both saying the same thing?

• TesLa33
    109 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 5:32 PM

MBaggese:

I think the main conundrum is the epitome of aggression.

I know what i'm saying. I'm saying flop shots are the easiest outs from 30yrds in. I'm saying that more times than not a flop will trickle in; while a punch will roll by.

Punch V Flops.. if you have a "feel" for both... me personally? I'll take the flops in short range. Punch as mid-short range last option.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 5:32 PM

MBaggese:

Not exactly. TL hasn't perfected the other shots yet. A flop will never be as accurate as a pitch or chip, I don't care who's hitting it. Been there and learned.  :-)

• TesLa33
    109 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:30 PM

YankeeJim:

MBaggese:

Not exactly. TL hasn't perfected the other shots yet. A flop will never be as accurate as a pitch or chip, I don't care who's hitting it. Been there and learned.  :-)

For me a flop shot is the most accurate shot I have. We're all different and no ONE defines the game with opinion.

It's defined on the course by action. Jim... you talk a lot. Just saying.

Who has "perfected" any shot?

Quit being a sycophant.

Mathematically the game is imperfect... but there are a select few who have perfected it. Duh! Figure it out Einsteinium! According to the physics of the game the things the "top-players" have done on here are absolutely 100% impossible.

(unless they had a lil' inside knowledge or the exact formulation of specific macro-instruction)

• TesLa33
    109 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:34 PM

One day this Jim guy will either get a life or die. Either way we will finally be free of his constant tyranny.

God help us from those people in New York. No class, they have.

• RofferMan019
    2 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:50 PM

You americans are just weird.

Can't you say what you mean in simple plain English

"The art of simplicity is a puzzle of complexity"

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 8:53 PM

TesLa33:

One day this Jim guy will either get a life or die. Either way we will finally be free of his constant tyranny.

God help us from those people in New York. No class, they have.

Wow, as much as I hate the Yankees, I'd never say something like that.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 8:54 PM

RofferMan019:
    You americans are just weird.

Yes, yes we are;)

RSS