Forums

Help › Forums

Owner frustration........ideas appreciated....

Wed, Feb 8 2012 7:28 AM (54 replies)
  • royphillips1
    1,278 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 1:01 PM

l  Run a Play for fun  Club, along with 2, of my member friends  We  have 94, members if half of them played the Free To play Tournaments on a Regular Basis  We Would be more than Happy,  we have a hard core of Regulars that  Play everything on the Roster every Week, then there are the ones who pick and choose their  favourite events, and some that just play in and out  occasionaly,  l think most small average clubs are the same.  We are told we are a good little club by new members, not many leave us, But it is hard work getting members in large numbers to play Regularly in the club Events, like Piztaker says there are other things in life, My advice is just enjoy the game. 

Roy

• happyman123uk
    1,242 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 2:14 PM

why don't you put a post in your forum asking members what they want.

I also have a policy that any member who has not played in the last 30 days gets removed from the club after a 7 day notice to reply to the letter i send out to them.No point in being a member if your not going to take part in it is there.I remove maybe 30 members a month but we still have over 200 members.

But we run leagues for stroke matchplay and alt shot  and also a tier league so that keeps them busy.We also have our own voice server and web site but it's taken time to build it up to where it is.You can get a free web site to start off with like we did and you don't have to be a web master to build them it's like copy and pasting from there templates.

Happyman123uk  

• MichaelHazen
    491 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 2:20 PM

Fuzzygazz:

"And yes Captain Obvious, I'm aware people have lives outside of WGT." That s your main reason why your club didnt make it. Someone trying to help you and thats how you reply. heh

he didn't help me. He just pointed out a thought process that I myself that I was just trying to do something that was to big. How's that helping? Thanks for the reply.....

• dacrash
    465 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 2:27 PM

MichaelHazen:

Good morning,    

I was recently (soon to be closing) running a club with 88% capacity. I was lucky if I'd get 60% participation in club events (50 member club). And as time would pass, over the weeks participation would dwindle. I had used many techniques to keep interest and had a clear solid base of members participating.

I've looked at other clubs (some bigger/same size) and found they were getting the kind of turnout I was looking for. I'd like to know anyone's idea's or even gimmicks as to how they kept their members coming back or is it just a matter of luck of falling into the right kind of members?

Any positive feedback would be greatly appreciated as I intend to open a smaller club up to get a solid base to work with and then maybe branch out from there.

Thanks!

I belong to a large CC.  When I joined I played all the tournaments that were in my tier.  But after several attempts, I realized that the same few players win the tournaments and the scores they post consistantly are well below my ability.  Therefore, I have lost the interest I had when I first joined.  I dont think this is the CC owners fault, but what is the use of playing if I know I dont stand a chance?

I think the way to even things out is to apply a handicap, but my CC and WGT dont do this.  IRL leagues, bowling, golf, etc., handicaps are applied to each game evening out the results.  Seems to work real well IRL, but it is not available here on WGT.

I no longer play in the WGT tournaments for the same reason as I stated above.  Might as well just go play against live players, so I do.

To the players who can consistantly post sub-30 rounds, great job and no disrespect.  If I am able to get good enough to post consistant low 30's and sub-30 rounds, I might try to give some competition.

Michael, I'm not sure this helps, but maybe add some insight.  I dont know if this happens at your CC, but it has happened to me at 2.  One small and the current one is 248/250 members.

Good luck with the CC.

dacrash

• MichaelHazen
    491 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 2:30 PM

I didn't say they lost faith. And when someone tells me "people have lives outside of WGT" (which is the biggest "no ***" that doesn't need to be pointed out). Then they can expect to be called at least that much.

You have no idea what happened with the club. I treated my members fine. I'd ask you to go find anyone current in the club or that is with another club now to say otherwise. Seriously.

As for my attitude it will stay the same and if you don't like it oh well. You as well as "pizlicker" as usual don't offer any real substance other then your holier then thou attitude. Have fun with it. It ain't changin how I act or treat people like you.

Ciao!

• MichaelHazen
    491 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 2:32 PM

Rzbk:

After reading your thoughts and questions and then the replies I was once again ashamed to be a member of this site. Most of the people here who bother to answer will try to help all they can.

In one respect we are fortunate to have a small core of very articulate, knowledgeable people who can answer about any question asked.. 

But unfortunately their information comes with a price.  As you are well aware, the price is having to endure a certain amount of ridicule along with the embarrassment that goes with it.

As you have also learned, any comment or rebuttal from you is swiftly rebuked and becomes another of your shortcomings because of your attitude and insensitivity with other people's lives. 

At that point nothing you attempt or try to do will succeed so don't even bother.

I have read some of the most informative, well thought out and very well written replies that lost all integrity and sense of direction because of a totally uncalled for smart ass remark. This doesn't happen 100% of the time but probably 97.5%.

Maybe they feel it's necessary in order for people to notice them but the notice comes from their helpful and cognitive answers, not from their belittlement tactics.

I'll close by again repeating this old saying that is as true today as it was yesterday and if this saying applies to any who reads and/or replies to this post, please just put some thought into it.

"Everyone likes a little ass but NO ONE likes a SMART ASS.

Ok, so let me get this right? We're all pissed off cause I called someone "captain obvious" because he pointed out an obvious fact (people on WGT have lives outside of it) and offered me no real suggestions or help other then to point out that I might have been aiming to high? Which I actually agreed with him on?

So what the hell are you talking about??????? Seriously? Your whole rant has nothing to do with this.

• dacrash
    465 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 4:29 PM

MichaelHazen:

I didn't say they lost faith. And when someone tells me "people have lives outside of WGT" (which is the biggest "no ***" that doesn't need to be pointed out). Then they can expect to be called at least that much.

You have no idea what happened with the club. I treated my members fine. I'd ask you to go find anyone current in the club or that is with another club now to say otherwise. Seriously.

As for my attitude it will stay the same and if you don't like it oh well. You as well as "pizlicker" as usual don't offer any real substance other then your holier then thou attitude. Have fun with it. It ain't changin how I act or treat people like you.

Ciao!

Wow.  You attack people who acctually try to help without being sarcastic.  I would quit your CC too.  The adult thing to say would have been something like "my members have not lost faith, but I thank you for your honest input.  Have a good day".  Not the crap that you posted.

Please, do not post in the forum if you are not sincere about asking for suggestions.  We are supposed to be adults.  Stop acting like a child on facebook.  Or better yet, play tiger and stick to facebook comments and leave the adults to play the adult games.

(your attitude from the beggining of this post has led me to call you a child.)

dacrash

• MichaelHazen
    491 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 5:11 PM

dacrash:

MichaelHazen:

Ciao!

Wow.  You attack people who acctually try to help without being sarcastic.  I would quit your CC too.  The adult thing to say would have been something like "my members have not lost faith, but I thank you for your honest input.  Have a good day".  Not the crap that you posted.

Please, do not post in the forum if you are not sincere about asking for suggestions.  We are supposed to be adults.  Stop acting like a child on facebook.  Or better yet, play tiger and stick to facebook comments and leave the adults to play the adult games.

(your attitude from the beggining of this post has led me to call you a child.)

dacrash

My original post to this was to long. I'll just keep it sweet and simple......

You clearly have issues. If you think I was trashing you. Then you haven't read everything. I was talking to TheBigEasy and Pizlicker! So I'll take your two posts and put them together and call you bi-polar. Cause that's what your posts have led me to believe you are! :) There......feel better now?

Mike

• MichaelHazen
    491 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 5:13 PM

Oh and by the way DACRASH.....dont presume to ask or tell me what to do on here. Seriously, like anything you do or say carries any weight with me. You have a better chance of being a door to door jehovah's witness and getting me to listen for 5 seconds. Don't like what I just said.....there's a corner....go cry in it....

Talk to me about being a child on facebook. And exactly what the hell are you doing?

Mike

RSS