• IH8kidz
    903 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 8:18 AM

Please send to waltorl@jmusa.com

Thanks Bilko

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 9:16 AM

Why can't people learn to play the game without a meter aid like the rest of us who have learned to play the game without a meter aids?

Do you people give yourselves an extra $100 when your the banker in Monopoly? To each their own I suppose.

From the Terms & Conditions:

General Use Restrictions

You may not use, distribute, develop, promote or facilitate use of cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the WGT game experience to the detriment of fair play.

I imagine WGT is Ok with this or it would have been shut-down days ago as WGT does read the forums. I have not, and will not e-mail WGT in protest over this, I just wanted to know why people need to use meter aids and if everyone was aware of the rules.

• caddymatt
    48 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 10:18 AM

Richard4168:

Why can't people learn to play the game without a meter aid like the rest of us who have learned to play the game without a meter aids?

Do you people give yourselves an extra $100 when your the banker in Monopoly? To each their own I suppose.

General Use Restrictions

You may not use, distribute, develop, promote or facilitate use of cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the WGT game experience to the detriment of fair play.

I imagine WGT is Ok with this or it would have been shut-down days ago as WGT does read the forums. I have not, and will not e-mail WGT in protest over this, I just wanted to know why people need to use meter aids and if everyone was aware of the rules.

Sounds like sour grapes to me Richard. I've been using a hand made meter since I started  playing this game. It's about time WGT breaks down all the meters this way. I think your just mad because YOU did not think of it yourself.

Thanks again SGTBILKO!!!!!

• IH8kidz
    903 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:31 AM

caddymatt:

Richard4168:

General Use Restrictions

Sounds like sour grapes to me Richard. I've been using a hand made meter since I started  playing this game. It's about time WGT breaks down all the meters this way. I think your just mad because YOU did not think of it yourself.

Thanks again SGTBILKO!!!!!

Read the OP. It is not a cheat, automated or any of the aforementioned items. It is a simple meter aid for putting. Everyone has their own methods. What would some do without avatar movements? You do what you have to do.....

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:51 AM

caddymatt:
    I've been using a hand made meter since I started  playing this game.

Why? It completely takes away from the real feel of the game. The WGT meter is what separates this game from any other, especially TWO. I do not, and never will use meter tape to play this game. I don't use avatar movements either.

No sour grapes here my friend. : )

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:58 AM

Richard4168:

caddymatt:
    I've been using a hand made meter since I started  playing this game.

Why? It completely takes away from the real feel of the game. The WGT meter is what separates this game from any other, especially TWO. I do not, and never will use meter tape to play this game. I don't use avatar movements either.

No sour grapes here my friend. : )

I understand what you are saying Richard, however WGT obviously doesn't think a meter aid is cheating because they sell one.  These people are just cutting out the middle man.

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 12:08 PM

SGTBilko:

For those who utiilize this, I would love to hear any and all feedback that might help in improving it overall.

The problem is you are making it for each individual putter...and not for each green speed.  For instance, my putter has a 15 foot scale, but it doesn't travel 15 feet on Tourney greens...it goes 20 feet (assuming a flat elevation of course). My 30 foot scale goes 40 feet on tourney greens...and so forth.  However on Very Fast greens, my 15 foot putter will go out as far as 17 feet.

Near as i figure, these will only work on standard greens...you will still need to know what you are doing from a speed and elevation standpoint.

-Long

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 12:16 PM

Longwedge:
    WGT obviously doesn't think a meter aid is cheating because they sell one.  These people are just cutting out the middle man.

Agreed Longwedge. Maybe it is harsh for me to say it's cheating, I just don't understand why so many people feel they need a meter aid to play the game. I don't use a meter aid and I can post a sub-30 round. If people want to get better at the game, practice more, play more, don't turn to a device to find gaming zen.

Its like corking a bat

Using brass knuckles in a boxing glove

I don't care, everyone can see it does give a person an advantage to score well in the game. 

Play well everyone.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 2:16 PM

Dear Sgt Bilko,

Can you do me a meter aid for the Beginner Putter, has a 30 scale.

Dunno what the other scales are yet, have only just begun to use it .

Thanks in advance, and apologies to Richard, but I need all the help I can get.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 2:54 PM

oneeyedjohn:
    apologies to Richard, but I need all the help I can get.

No need to apologize John. I was only asking a question for the most part. I never meant to step on anyone's toes.

Hittem' straight.

RSS