Help › Forums

East vs West (Ryder Cup Edition 2023)

Sat, Sep 30 2023 5:56 PM (215 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 2:36 PM

SamSpayed:

DBStronghold:

This doesn't even make sense too me...so only 1 guy makes the team from the bracket and the other 10 are captains picks and from anyone in wgt?.. meaning we didn't have to sign up?..doesn't make sense too me...I thought this was completely different...hmmm lol

That's pretty much the way I read it, DB.  Basically, our entire bracket (West) is playing for one single spot.  The captain (in our case, JSmithers) gets to choose the other 11 team members.

Per Yiannis' OP:

There will be 1 bracket for each team. The winner of each bracket will make part of the team (East or West). The rest of the players will be picked by the 2 captains, for a total of 12 players per team.

If you were following the whole thread from the beginning till 15th of August (date when the sign ups closed), there were 9 brackets available (16 x 9 = 144 players) for 9 spots!!! The next 2 will be captains' picks + the captain.

I changed that on the 16th of August.

In 2 months of time, there was interest to play from only 14 players from the East and 11 from the West.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 2:37 PM

DBStronghold:

Initially it wasn't that..if I remember correctly 10 spots were gonna be determined by bracket and only 2 picks but obviously no one signed up..therefore...what I said 2 posts ago lol 

Look above Dave.

• DBStronghold
    172 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 2:40 PM

Ya I wasnt following daily yannis..I signed up based on what it was initially so ya ur change u made I did not notice...definitely think it's weird so you basically don't have to sign up nor play in the bracket to make the team..I like that...sign me up for that 🤣🤣🤣

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 2:43 PM

SCHOLESY68:

Ok yannis can we have some clarification please, because the way the guys have explained this is going, I could make it to the semis or quarters and still not be picked, as you have options to choose whoever you want from any cc, if this is the case why are we bothering doing the brackets, or even signing up, just for one spot to get in there, apologies if this is wrong in any case, but what ive seen so far, this leads me to think, its pointless, even competing, as you will take the guy who made it to the final and pick whoever you see fit after.

I repeate. I was crystal clear from the start!!!

If we had 144 players, there will be 9 winners. Then the 2 captains would pick other 2 players.

Right now we have ONLY 1 bracket, which means 1 player.

I have never stated or even remotely implied that the captains' picks HAD to be the guys who were doing the qualifier. I said, if we had 9 winners (144 players), all of them they will be making part of the team.

• DBStronghold
    172 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 2:43 PM

All good yall...carry on...appreciate ur efforts..just not what I thought is all...

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 2:45 PM

DBStronghold:

Ya I wasnt following daily yannis..I signed up based on what it was initially so ya ur change u made I did not notice...definitely think it's weird so you basically don't have to sign up nor play in the bracket to make the team..I like that...sign me up for that 🤣🤣🤣

As i would have never expected 25 players in total (after 2 months) instead of 288.

• SCHOLESY68
    45 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 2:48 PM

Yiannis1970:

SCHOLESY68:

Ok yannis can we have some clarification please, because the way the guys have explained this is going, I could make it to the semis or quarters and still not be picked, as you have options to choose whoever you want from any cc, if this is the case why are we bothering doing the brackets, or even signing up, just for one spot to get in there, apologies if this is wrong in any case, but what ive seen so far, this leads me to think, its pointless, even competing, as you will take the guy who made it to the final and pick whoever you see fit after.

If we had 144 players, there will be 9 winners. Then the 2 captains would pick other 2 players.

I have never stated or even remotely implied that the captains' picks HAD to be the guys who were doing the qualifier. I said, if we had 9 winners (144 players), all of them they will be making part of the team.

k nps if that's the case, why don't you just pick teams already, instead of leaving it open for people to sign up, seems a pointless effort for some of us guys, thinking we are in a tournament to yet find that if you don't win the bracket the capt will pick whoever he wants,seems like the guys who actually signed up and made an effort are getting the cold shoulder before its even started, seriously what is the point of some of us bothering, don't mean to come across as arrogant, but just find this a waste of time on behalf of most likely 50% of us who are bothering actually signing up and making an effort to compete.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 3:37 PM

SCHOLESY68:

Yiannis1970:

SCHOLESY68:

k nps if that's the case, why don't you just pick teams already, instead of leaving it open for people to sign up, seems a pointless effort for some of us guys, thinking we are in a tournament to yet find that if you don't win the bracket the capt will pick whoever he wants,seems like the guys who actually signed up and made an effort are getting the cold shoulder before its even started, seriously what is the point of some of us bothering, don't mean to come across as arrogant, but just find this a waste of time on behalf of most likely 50% of us who are bothering actually signing up and making an effort to compete.

I understand what you are saying. The idea of the qualifier was mine. JSmithers wanted an invitational event but he agreed with the qualifying stage...so, i set it up. It's not my fault that after 2 months and constantly updates only 25 people signed up, when on the CEverett tournament after 48 hours we had 100 teams.

The rules were clear from the beginning. As soon as all the available posts were filled (144 for each team), there will be 9 players for each team. From the moment that has been such indifference about this tournament, we came up with only 25 players. What should i do? Should i had changed the rules cause noone wanted to play? No.

The thread was opened and almost daily updated for 2 whole months.

And if your frustration is fair, you can immagine mine who i have dedicated hours and hours on this thread....

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 4:08 PM

I'm sure you'd get 144 players on each side to sign up, if the rules weren't that precise. Most people were likely put off by the requirement to stream and some additionally by the preset match times. It is what it is. This set of rules turned out to be a good thing for me, cause it finally forced me to let go of my technophobia, download OBS and finally start streaming, which wouldn't be possible without your help. And I really wanted to do it for years, so I appreciate your efforts with this event.

@others

Look at it this way folks, the way it turned out, if you don't win the bracket, you're 5 times more likely to get picked by the captains, cause now they have 10 picks instead of just 2 😉

• SCHOLESY68
    45 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 4:23 PM

Seriously wth is going on, I am not competing for one spot, then you can decide who you want out of any cc, who didn't bother to sign up, this is unreal, you should pick whoever actually bothered themselves to sign up and same for other side as in West, pick your best 10 or 11 whatever it is, just go for it, same as the west, this is a waste of time as im concerned, not bothered one bit against competition, just wanted to enter a tournament, you didn't make yourself clear at all in initial post, if this was the case, and you could choose your chums I wouldn't of bothered, neither would of a few other people, those who signed up should be entered, simple as that, those that didn't shouldn't, cant see exactly your concept or actual thought process in all this, b jebus its like a scene out of one flew over the cuckoos nest.

Yeah I get it not doing myself any favours actually quoting this and getting in the team, ok nps.

RSS