Forums

Help › Forums

East vs West (Ryder Cup Edition 2023)

Sat, Sep 30 2023 5:56 PM (215 replies)
  • SCHOLESY68
    45 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 2:14 PM

DBStronghold:

This doesn't even make sense too me...so only 1 guy makes the team from  the bracket and the other 10 are captains picks and from anyone in wgt?.. meaning we didn't have to sign up?..doesn't make sense too me...I thought this was completely different...hmmm lol

Your being a bit picky mate ha ha

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 2:23 PM

First post updated folks. Good luck to everyone.

• DBStronghold
    172 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 2:24 PM

Picky....naw just not what I thought this was at all...

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 2:26 PM

DBStronghold:

This doesn't even make sense too me...so only 1 guy makes the team from  the bracket and the other 10 are captains picks and from anyone in wgt?.. meaning we didn't have to sign up?..doesn't make sense too me...I thought this was completely different...hmmm lol

Hello David. This thread is opened for 2 months, i repeat 2 months. In all this time, i was expecting at least 70-80 players from each side to play the qualifier. Instead, you saw what happened. The rules were clear from day one. I haven't changed anything.

• DBStronghold
    172 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 2:27 PM

I'm aware Yannis I just didn't realize you didn't have to sign up and still can be a captains.pick..seems like a waste of time too me Is all

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts

DBStronghold:

This doesn't even make sense too me...so only 1 guy makes the team from the bracket and the other 10 are captains picks and from anyone in wgt?.. meaning we didn't have to sign up?..doesn't make sense too me...I thought this was completely different...hmmm lol

That's pretty much the way I read it, DB.  Basically, our entire bracket (West) is playing for one single spot.  The captain (in our case, JSmithers) gets to choose the other 11 team members.

Per Yiannis' OP:

There will be 1 bracket for each team. The winner of each bracket will make part of the team (East or West). The rest of the players will be picked by the 2 captains, for a total of 12 players per team.

• DBStronghold
    172 Posts

Exactly

• DBStronghold
    172 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 2:29 PM

Initially it wasn't that..if I remember correctly 10 spots were gonna be determined by bracket and only 2 picks but obviously no one signed up..therefore...what I said 2 posts ago lol 

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 2:33 PM

DBStronghold:

Initially it wasn't that..if I remember correctly 10 spots were gonna be determined by bracket and only 2 picks but obviously no one signed up..therefore...what I said 2 posts ago lol 

Yeah, the target is changing at the whim of the organizer, it seems.

• SCHOLESY68
    45 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 2:33 PM

Ok yannis can we have some clarification please, because the way the guys have explained this is going, I could make it to the semis or quarters and still not be picked, as you have options to choose whoever you want from any cc, if this is the case why are we bothering doing the brackets, or even signing up, just for one spot to get in there, apologies if this is wrong in any case, but what ive seen so far, this leads me to think, its pointless, even competing, as you will take the guy who made it to the final and pick whoever you see fit after.

RSS