Forums

Help › Forums

East vs West (Ryder Cup Edition 2023)

Sat, Sep 30 2023 5:56 PM (215 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,796 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2023 3:33 AM

Yiannis1970:
    I would recommend to go with a 27.2 version (any). Pay attention to be for windows systems. However, i repeat, windows updates have nothing to do why you couldn't download OBS.

Ok I will give it a try Sir,

But the hang up at 33% Has never gone thru my machine will eventually give this message on screen

and then restart without any update whatsoever, I have needed a new hard drive forever lol also I have to sit at computer hitting enter a few times when I start it up because of this screen

Missing BIOS info error on startup - HP Support Community - 6976180

I've had 2 Tech Pro's look at it both said basically its shot (the laptop itself) but new hard drive might save it...and yes I've spent countless hours trying to fix it, it's more than just the windows update  my Bios is way out of date from like 2018...  I was able to "Go Live" on Discord but my meter instantly became something similar to a "strobe light"  I thought I was gonna have a seizure any second!!

The only thing that works is (or was) sharing my screen on Skype but that's not really gonna help?

Why don't you just get a new laptop JD?   Glad you asked ...Let me tell you lol because my POS is so screwed up I can't transfer anything to a flash drive to upload all my important well.....any and everything to a new machine even tried to transfer to a portable hard drive nope nada zilch SMH I will keep at it.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2023 4:01 AM

Ok JD, in that case will be an exception, play without streaming.

Same goes for Jure on the East side.

• AnaNikolaj
    635 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2023 6:39 AM

Yiannis1970:
    Same goes for Jure on the East side.

My stream may actually be up and running by the time we start, thanks to you. I tried to open the video you sent me on my phone, but it wouldn't open. It finally dawned on me today that it may be different if I try it on my latop 🤣🤣🤣🤣. So I'll try to fiddle around with settings a bit.

But, the best news is that when I downloaded OBS and tried it 1st time, I was doing it in my old flat, when babysitting my kid. The speeds there were 18 down and 3,9 upload 😵. However, when I did the test in the flat where I actually live and play, the download speed was 16, but the upload speed was 25 💪. And the game was almost as smooth as normal, so hopefully, when I try a tweak or 2, it should work. I'll reserve some time for it over the weekend. But until then, whenever I play a bracket against a much weaker opponent, I'll play with good balls and stream instead of using cheap balls. So even if the tweaks won't help, I'll at least get used to it... 

I'm extremely grateful for the time and effort you took to help me out. 

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2023 9:29 AM

You are welcome Jure, that's good news.

Bitrate works like this: 1 Mbit = 1000 Kbps. So, if your speed is 25 Mbits, bitrate is not an issue. You can put 3,4,5K.

As for playbility, the most crucial factor is the resolution (base canvas size and output) and the preset, if you are doing hardware or software encoding (x.264). If i were you, i would have tried to put my monitor's resolutions at 1024 x 768 60Hz, 3000 Kbps bitrate:

OBS video section: The same, canvas and output at 30 or 60 fps.

if you go with x264, make it ultra fast.

if you go with intel graphics, pick the lightest option.

PS

One last thing. If you change your monitor's resolution and everything is stretched up, right click on your desktop and you should find something like Intel graphic settings/properties. Go there and search for: Scaling. 1. The scaling must be done from the card and not monitor, 2. Set it up to: keep aspect ratio and NOT fullscreen.

• JDGHOST
    6,796 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2023 1:38 AM

Ty Sir for grading me on a "curve"  But I'm not giving up just yet....my laptop on speed test:

PING

ms

JITTER

ms

DOWNLOAD

Mbps

UPLOAD

Mbps

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2023 3:54 AM

Your numbers for bitrate are super fine JD.

Put the bitrate at 3000 Kbps. Have you downloaded an older version of OBS?

Try the same things i suggested to Jure. Either x264 at ultra fast preset with low resolution for the monitor and for the game (check the video i made), either intel quick sync at the lightest option.

• ciombo89play
    136 Posts
    Fri, Aug 25 2023 7:34 AM

ciao yiannis si iscrive anche roby9901 questo e il suo canale twich roby9901 - Twitch

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Fri, Aug 25 2023 8:31 AM

Ciao Fabio. Le iscrizioni sono chiuse da 15 di Agosto. Sorry.

• AnaNikolaj
    635 Posts
    Fri, Aug 25 2023 8:47 AM

Yiannis1970:

for playbility, the most crucial factor is the resolution (base canvas size and output) and the preset, if you are doing hardware or software encoding (x.264). If i were you, i would have tried to put my monitor's resolutions at 1024 x 768 60Hz, 3000 Kbps bitrate:

OBS video section: The same, canvas and output at 30 or 60 fps.

if you go with x264, make it ultra fast.

if you go with intel graphics, pick the lightest

Soooo, as for the resolution, it only gives me the 1366x768, 1280x720 or 1920x1080 options for basic and for output the choices are strange, and go from 1364x768, 1092x614, 1024x576, 908x512 and 6 more down from there. My game has always been set to 1024x768.

As for the hardware or sofware, I tried the x. 264 with ultra fast and it froze for a while and then changed my game resolution to full screen.

When I have it set on hardware, which is QSV, H. 264, it works well enough to play. Not really smooth, but I can work with it... 

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Fri, Aug 25 2023 9:04 AM

Hey Jure. You need to change first your monitor's resolution to 1024 x 768 60Hz, in order for OBS to give you the option. As you say above, you haven't done that, cause the native resolution of your monitor remains 1366 x 768, therefore obs gives you this option too.

Play fullscreen if you can, not window.

RSS