https://twitch.tv/aliesen

• Schmails3
    170 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2023 9:59 AM

https://www.twitch.tv/Schmails3

• oohaahh
    375 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2023 12:16 PM

Sorry Yiannis. I'll be away for September and handheld device and flaky WiFi won't sustain either streaming or, I suspect, my sanity while trying to hit anything straight.....

Steve (oohaahh)

• Yiannis1970
    3,271 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2023 4:36 PM

Ok, no problem. I will update the boards in a couple of days.

• Yiannis1970
    3,271 Posts
    Tue, Aug 15 2023 4:00 PM

I will update the first post.

Thank you very much all who signed up.

• AnaNikolaj
    635 Posts
    Fri, Aug 18 2023 9:42 AM

https://www.twitch.tv/Ananikolaj

Thanks to Yiannis' video I actually managed to download OBS and set up a test stream for the 1st time in my life. Was glad my old laptop didn't froze like it did the only time I tried to screenshare on Discord. But the lag made the game next to unplayable. Gonna try a few tweaks before the event starts. I did manage to get a somewhat smoother meter by holding it in place for 7-10 secs, but since I normally take under 15 secs on any shot, playing this way would be a cruel and unusual punishment 🤣🤣🤣

• Yiannis1970
    3,271 Posts
    Fri, Aug 18 2023 12:13 PM

AnaNikolaj:

https://www.twitch.tv/Ananikolaj

Thanks to Yiannis' video I actually managed to download OBS and set up a test stream for the 1st time in my life. Was glad my old laptop didn't froze like it did the only time I tried to screenshare on Discord. But the lag made the game next to unplayable. Gonna try a few tweaks before the event starts. I did manage to get a somewhat smoother meter by holding it in place for 7-10 secs, but since I normally take under 15 secs on any shot, playing this way would be a cruel and unusual punishment 🤣🤣🤣

Jure, 2 options:

settings---output---tell me what you see under video encoder option.

Have you run the www.speedtest.net? What's your upload speed?

If you have a skype/discord account, i can help you set it up.

• JDGHOST
    6,803 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 1:30 AM

Yiannis1970:

Hello JD. I don't understand what a corrupted hard disc drive is and how this is correlated to your stream ability. On the first post, i uploaded a guide on how to set up OBS for streaming. Have you watched it? Have you tried various configurations i propose on the video? Can you upload the specs of your machine and your internet upload speed?

Cheers.

Well, I've been  unable to update windows 10 in years this update

Windows 10 April 2018 Update[1][2] (also known as version 1803) would hang up at 33%......Although it did for some crazy reason finally push thru on 1/12/23 but that update is years behind.  and my laptop back to freezing windows updates

Yes I did see your video but couldn't even download OBS? 

the only way i can attempt to stream is twitch studio but tried yesterday  no good freezes everything almost on my POS

• Yiannis1970
    3,271 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 3:07 AM

Hello JD. As i see it, you use win10 as your operating system. You need to wait and wait. The system is not hanging up. As soon as you reach 33%, you need to wait, wait and wait....it can take up to half an hour, an hour. Windows will finish the updates and restart your PC completing the job.

Secondly, OBS has nothing to do with win OS. I was using OBS while running win7 for years. I give you a link with older versions of OBS.

old versions

I would recommend to go with a 27.2 version (any). Pay attention to be for windows systems. However, i repeat, windows updates have nothing to do why you couldn't download OBS.

RSS