Same old same old showdown !!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 10 2023 2:57 PM (28 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 2:18 PM

SamSpayed:

AnaNikolaj:
    WGT doesn't allow restarts to play in any credit involved comps, before they reach their previous tier, therefore, a restart hack playing the showdown is illegitimate... Unfortunately, this is not really being policed...

Agreed.  I think that WGT's policing only starts when somebody in the Community reports a player for a suspected violation.  It's not an automated thing.

So, to that end... Lesley, I'd suggest you report the Level 17 Hack you mentioned to WGT.  Not a perfect solution, I know, but unfortunately it's all we have right now.

Sam I have reported a few in the past , I just get the standard reply , we can’t discuss what we are going to do etc etc , but they have never once sanctioned somebody or stopped them from playing even for a week which would prevent them from playing the next round .

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 2:44 PM

pdb1:
    If only for the opportunity to dispute me .

There's no disputing you ;-)

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 2:57 PM

pdb1:

This issue is not one that I have any reason to have a side or an opinion . It simply does not effect me .

So I don't have a side . I do not care .

Then why did you comment? 🙄

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jun 10 2023 2:01 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    WGT doesn't allow restarts to play in any credit involved comps, before they reach their previous tier, therefore, a restart hack playing the showdown is ilegitimate... Unfortunately, this is not really being policed...

On the day you wrote this an account reached L5 and the first round was played, a 31 in a open rg @ RSG.   There were then various rounds played all in open rg's where they did amazingly well for a "newcomer" but I doubt if they won any (from the scores, didn't check).  This would likely be as if they were good enough to win from the front tees with the equipment they now had they would be competitive from the back with the best gear and wouldn't playing this account.

Then they hit gold, the 200c bop5 with SOTW; front tees and a 235yds 3wd, the same equipment as everyone else but forward tees.  Most of the greens unreachable in two from the back and it was easy pickings.

-19, 4 clear of the field and 1,200c paid by wgt.  I've no doubt wgt will eventually catch him if he's a multi, unlike you I'm less sure what they'll do if he's deleted/restarted and is winning below his previous level (I'm also unsure what Apple etc would say if people were banned without there being a written rule).

Perhaps a little thought needs to go into what courses are used for SOTW,  Another point is wgt will have taken the 1,200c from the other players in the field, it should have been noticed before it was paid out. I also doubt if it's beyond the wit of man to adjust the payments now.  .  

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Sat, Jun 10 2023 2:45 PM

The current Showdown final round is underway.  Wouldn't you know it, the game is all jacked up with the meter jumping around like a chicken with its head off.  Oh don't mention it, I already let the masters at WGT know about it.  

This crap always happens when these Showdown events take place.  What the fook WGT!

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sat, Jun 10 2023 2:57 PM

xxxhogheadxxx:
    This crap always happens when these Showdown events take place.  What the fook WGT!

Yup, showdowns are getting to be a joke. Elimination round my sponsored aparrel boxes were 75% "maxed" apparel boxes. How is someone suppose to earn more apparel this way. This will be my last showdown.Not wasting anymore of my credits. Cheers

RSS