Forums

Help › Forums

Same old same old showdown !!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 10 2023 2:57 PM (28 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Jun 5 2023 3:05 PM

I see a level 17 hack in third place in my showdown ! Admittedly only the rookie competition , but really !! A hack !

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2023 11:09 AM

pdb1:

Are " Hack's " not " Rookies" ? Even more so than levels above ? I don't see the problem .

Are you more comfortable if " Tour Champion's " are leading the " Rookie " division ?

Don’t be dense about this, Paul.  You know what she means.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2023 12:29 PM

AlaskanDame:

pdb1:

Are " Hack's " not " Rookies" ? Even more so than levels above ? I don't see the problem .

Are you more comfortable if " Tour Champion's " are leading the " Rookie " division ?

Don’t be dense about this, Paul.  You know what she means.

It’s what I expect these days AK , if I say it’s white he would say it’s black . That’s fine , but what isnt fine is a hack who has been playing a day, scores -5 on 9 holes . 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2023 1:49 PM

pdb1:
    That many are abandoning/deleting their old accounts . And legitimately starting over .

Actually, if they're playing in any events involving credits, before they reach their previous tier, it's not legitimate. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2023 2:35 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    Actually, if they're playing in any events involving credits, before they reach their previous tier, it's not legitimate. 

Apart from that it is not a tiered competition, there is nothing to say a TC has to gamble 1,000c or 100c if they don't want to.  110c for me this time :-(

Some of the best players in the game play in Veteran an and I can't see them moving to Expert as Paul, and others, think they should.

If you think this is reasonable when a hack that's been playing a day is -5 for 9 holes, then I too think you're being dense

Oh . You mean do I feel like misrepresenting ones status is okay at the higher levels  ? But it's more shameful at the lower levels ?

No . I don't .

How is it okay for high level tiers to dominate the " Rookie " division ? But questionable for a " Hack " to play well ?

More so . How are you all okay with it ? And expect me to play along too .

Just because that's the way it is ?

If a Tour Champion is leading and you see that then they're not misrepresenting their status, however the "hack" described clearly (to me anyway) is. 

So what you're ok with is a higher level person opening another account (either as a multi or a restart) and playing off the shortest tees.  What you think is disgraceful is higher tiered people, playing off the longest tees, on their only account.

Rookie is just a name it doesn't mean that people that aren't shouldn't play in that division.  There are plenty of tiered competitions, the vast majority of wgt ones are, and there real rookies will still be fleeced by restarts and multi's.

As to what wgt are doing about the restarts/multi's, I'm not sure but I think they may give them a good driver, take full advantage of these short tees ;-)  I could be out of date on that but the ones I see seem to have one anyway.

RSS