Forums

Help › Forums

Same old same old showdown !!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 10 2023 2:57 PM (28 replies)
  • AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2023 3:07 PM

Not sure why you replied with this to my post, Alan? I was just trying to explain to Paul that WGT doesn't allow restarts to play in any credit involved comps, before they reach their previous tier, therefore, a restart hack playing the showdown is ilegitimate... Unfortunately, this is not really being policed...

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2023 5:18 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    Unfortunately, this is not really being policed...

Only think I see being policed is the words we cant say which in turn gives us *****. LOL

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2023 5:26 PM

+1000,Dodgy. Well said.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 10:37 AM

Sorry Jure.  I set out to say that as well as what you said about restarts not being allowed to play in credit competitions it wasn't necessary for any tier to play in a particular Showdown. Lol, I got a bit carried away though.

AnaNikolaj:
    a restart hack playing the showdown is ilegitimate... Unfortunately, this is not really being policed..

I haven't heard of a single case of a restart being sanctioned for this, I haven't even heard of a single case of one being told it's a rule.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 10:44 AM

pdb1:
    Does " Expert " level cost 1000 cr's entry fee

Yes.

@ Pdb1 You say repeatedly that you don't care, don't have a stance etc.  Well I'd hate to see how much you have to say about something you do have an opinion on.  Actually I do, frequently.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 11:12 AM

DodgyPutter:
    haven't heard of a single case of a restart being sanctioned for this, I haven't even heard of a single case of one being told it's a rule.

Icon wrote it years ago in a discussion about restarts. But, as said, nobody polices it. Although there were a few cases, where people were tiered up by 3 or 4 tiers over night and then banned within a month. Again, ages ago... 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 11:41 AM

Jure I really meant the new wave of restarts, the ones who just have to press a button and do it, no permission needed.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 12:36 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    WGT doesn't allow restarts to play in any credit involved comps, before they reach their previous tier, therefore, a restart hack playing the showdown is illegitimate... Unfortunately, this is not really being policed...

Agreed.  I think that WGT's policing only starts when somebody in the Community reports a player for a suspected violation.  It's not an automated thing.

So, to that end... Lesley, I'd suggest you report the Level 17 Hack you mentioned to WGT.  Not a perfect solution, I know, but unfortunately it's all we have right now.

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 12:58 PM

The only way this will EVER be corrected is for WGT to use a handicap system similar to real golf and count EVERY round to prevent people from cheating.  People will still tank rounds to up their handicap and It still has it's flaws but better than what they have now.

RSS