Forums

Help › Forums

Glitching Players

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 24 2023 3:29 PM (7 replies)
  • mrifai
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2023 8:44 AM

What do you do when players try or do glitch you? I hit my shot, chatted to the guy (Fiura)and nothig, I am sitting there with the wheel spinning. this happens every now and then and WGT should do something about these players that think they can win coins woithout playing. especially when playing Bell.

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2023 11:34 AM

mrifai:
    hat do you do when players try or do glitch you?

Force close the app. If on PC, right mouse click the icon on the tool bar and select close. You can also close it using "task manager" by hitting CTRL-ALT-DEL (Control, alt and delete keys) at same time. This will open the task manager. select the WGT item, right mouse click and you and hit END TASK.

If from a mobile device. Go to main screen, settings, apps and force close.

After you close the game app, re-start and you should be ok.

Hope not too confusing. If so, I am sure there is always HOPE. (Scott - reading this?)

• ScottHope
    10,130 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2023 1:24 PM

Hey Steff, I'm never far away, except when I've gone missing.

Your shortcut for the task manager is fine, but the shorter shortcut is CTRL + SHIFT + ESC.

ALT + F4 also works to close the currently active application, whatever that may be.  ; )

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2023 1:49 PM

ScottHope:
    Your shortcut for the task manager is fine, but the shorter shortcut is CTRL + SHIFT + ESC.

OK, seriously, how is CTRL + SHIFT + ESC shorter than CTRL+ALT+DEL? I believe they are both 3 keys.

Given my small hands, it is easier for me to hold the CTRL + SHIFT keys down with my left, while hitting the DEL with my right. Maybe your hands are different on your side of the pond.

Now, the ALT+F4 works great. The only problem I had was I tested it out while writing this reply and it closed all my tabs. Had to start over again.

It seems ALT-F4 is a 'hard" close and works great. Thanks!

BTW, about your having to leave your flat, I read that and had the vision of a dejected looking man, with the head of a cat, walking down the stairs, shoulders slumped and carrying a wilting house plant.  It made me sad to read. I am glad you are back. I say, don the Hoperman outfit, ditch the plant and kick your neighbor's a$$. Oh, take pics.

• ScottHope
    10,130 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2023 2:09 PM

Hmm, what appears on your screen when you do CTRL + ALT + DEL and CTRL + SHIFT + ESC?

I may be on the other side of the pond but I'm still human, lol. CSE is not that much different from CAD, just a bit further left for your right mit.

Alt + F4, you're welcome.

Thank you Steff, it's good to be able to type on a full-sized keyboard again. I have been advised not to kick anyone's bottom. An escalation of animosity is not where I want this to go, so a picture of the pot plant maybe as exciting as it's gonna get.  8 )

• Kittykat2017
    523 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2023 2:29 PM
    This post has been deleted.
  • HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2023 2:52 PM

ScottHope:
    Hmm, what appears on your screen when you do CTRL + ALT + DEL and CTRL + SHIFT + ESC?

Now I feel stupid!

What was I thinking to even doubt you?

When I do CTRL + ALT + DEL, it brings me to a black screen with options, one of which is  to open task manager.

When I do it your way CTRL + SHIFT + ESC, it open task manager directly. It is quicker..grrr

I have a good mind to go back up and delete my replies.

EDIT: I see the cover of PC MAGAZINE in Hoperman's future.

• ScottHope
    10,130 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2023 3:29 PM

HamdenPro:
    Now I feel stupid!

What was I thinking to even doubt you?

Don't feel stupid, you can't know everything as soon as you pop into the world, and if I couldn't tell people things I think they may not know, my life wouldn't be as rewarding.

A new issue, great!  Just no pot plants, okay?  8 )

RSS