Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Nico Q&A - 1/27

Mon, May 8 2023 12:31 PM (236 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 8:26 AM

Old (repetitive) story Simon!! Watching it unfolded every day on discord!!

Stay safe pal.

• DirtyDuffer
    876 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 8:38 AM

WGTNico:

Probably not but it would be nice to have. Taking something from someone's inventory and then sending it to another player's inventory is a pretty big engineering task. Same goes for CC passes in inventory.

DirtyDuffer:
    gift friends balls from your own bag

Thank You Nico

• YouLostToALoser
    190 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 11:57 AM

WGTNico:

I do really like the look of the new Paradym drivers, but ultimately up to you since that driver only gets up to L96

YouLostToALoser:
    I’m approaching Level 102 and want to buy the driver at that level. Are there any updates as regards to that that could affect my decision, whether to buy as soon as possible, delay or just not bother yet?

Well I already have that, but the Epic. Saying L102, I was obviously referring to the Titleist TSi3 driver and whether the TSR3 is replacing it. It’s shallow just to wait for the new driver that’s exactly the same but just the new more preferable name and look…

Unfortunately you out shallowed me by suggesting I upgrade the exact club I have. I get that Callaway own WGT, but c’mon, really? 

Not what I was looking for, but thanks anyway. 

• Nancy1959
    7,061 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 1:57 PM

pdb1:
    You've this question to us a lot throughout the years which is totally understandable, but lemme ask. Why is level 201 so important. What about the level makes the game playable, when we have so many other things beyond just a level to offer?

Nico, I've tried to explain this to you before, but in a nutshell, the answer is this:

When all of us start this game, we start at level 0.  In a short period of time, we can get to level 100.  Many people playing this game set personal goals and then they spend time and money to reach those goals.  By level 103, we can get all the best balls and equipment that we want.  The fact that there aren't any better balls and clubs beyond this level doesn't mean that people quit spending time and money to "reach that next level" because thousands have done so.  The same is true with tiers and every time WGT came up with higher tiers to reach, that was something else for people to work towards achieving.

The ultimate level to reach is level 200 currently.  Then there isn't any level beyond that to provide any incentive to "go for the next level" because level 201 is at an unreachable 2.145 billion xp!  Why should someone with 50-250 million xp be stuck at the same level with those who only have 32.2 million xp?

Our country club currently has 10 members at level 200, with more to reach that soon.  We had six more than that, but one left to start his own club, and the other five quit playing this game altogether all for the same reason... that there was no other level to reach.  Most of our remaining level 200 members in our club have stopped spending time and money to continue getting more xp.  They play with their free passes and that's it.

I played a skins foursome game last night with a member of another club who is at level 199, and he has been playing a lot recently to reach that goal of level 200 and he only needs about 150,000 xp more right now.  His comment in our chat was that as soon as he reaches level 200, he is done spending another dime in this game.  His mentality is like a large percentage of others that I know who reached level 200.  These are your highest paying customers and they either quit spending any money or they retire from this game completely.

WGT promised about five years ago that they would "adjust the xp beyond level 200 soon" and so some of us trusted this would happen and kept playing for xp.  Now it appears that you have no intention of ever doing this and without the incentive of "the next level to achieve", WGT will simply lose a lot more business in the coming years.

You are about to lose my business.  I will continue to play for xp (albeit more sparingly, as has been the case the past year+) to get our CC to level 23 by this summer (not because we get anything for it other than CC pride of being the highest-level club), and then I am done.  I will play with my free passes and all of the balls in my inventory until they are all gone.  When I am down to starter balls, I will then be done playing this game for good like so many other level 200 players have done the past few years.

The only thing that would change this for me and others is if you do adjust the xp to make levels beyond 200 reachable. 

~Nancy

• sesky
    3,291 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 2:55 PM

WGTNico:
    3. We're unlikely to release "better" clubs than the ones offered at level 103 because well let's be honest, those clubs are incredibly strong already, and creating better/stronger clubs could run the risk of being too overpowered (constantly driving par 4s, perfect precision, etc.). However, we do love the idea of possibly someday adding clubs with the same stats as what's available but making them for lack of a better term "cooler looking." There's a struggle in doing that though as these clubs are all based off of clubs used by companies in real life and these brands may not want us to make their clubs look different to the ones available IRL. So it's something we like the idea of doing someday but not particularly likely anytime soon. 
    sesky:
    Any new products going to be available for players past Level 103? Hard to imagine not        having any new equipment available between Levels 103 and 200.

Nico, actually in a roundabout way, WGT did introduce "new clubs" via the coin rooms and in essence, you guys lost a lot of money by doing so. My top of the line Titleist driver which has a base yardage of 291 is currently at 309 yards due to the magic of the apparel in the coin rooms. You can have increased yardage in all of the clubs, put increased spin on the ball, offer more forgiveness in the clubs and offer more precision in your putter. All due to the magic of the apparel in the coin rooms. 

All of those increased attributes could have incorporated into new clubs past level 103 and you guys could have made a ton of money off it. I know my driver has increased it's yardage 6 times due to leveling up in clothing. Those are 6 new drivers that could have been sold between levels 103 and 200. 

Just my thoughts

Thanks

• YouLostToALoser
    190 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 6:03 AM

pdb1:

I don't think TM or Call would take to kindly to WGT producing a driver that plays 18 yards longer than theirs .

The enhancements are just that . Not a new club .

Hey, you any idea when the TSR3 is going to replace the TSi3?

I know it’s shallow, but the TSR3 looks cool and don’t want to get the TSi3 then have it replaced straight after. Very close to 102 now.

It’s the final club (except a few of the DP world tour SOTW clubs) I need, so would like it to be the upgraded one as I’ll have it a long time I’m guessing. But would like 10% off for the free rental when I get to L102 to keep my cost down. Every little helps, right, with balls at least 650-750 per sleeve.

Thanks for any info or even speculation off of past trends with the wealth of knowledge I know you have reading you on these forums.

Thanks for any clue, pal. Really grateful.

Gg

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 9:43 AM

AlaskanDame:
    Follow up on deleting tournaments that aren’t brackets:  can only the club owner ask CS for this….or only the creator of the tourney?  Or both?

We typically prefer it to be the club owner or at least a good standing member of a club ask us. The reason we prefer it being the owner is just in case if a club member decided to go rogue, and ask to delete tournaments that shouldn't be deleted it can cause a lot of issues within a club. 

AlaskanDame:
    Also, I see (and understand) WGT doesn’t want to be gatekeeper on how many super passes can be used per Clash round, but could you make a new “permissions” for the OWNER to designate people (e.g., Directors) who are allowed to start a challenge for a new Clash round?  We at Friendly Active Players Club like to admit lower tiers, but they are difficult to educate about Clash strategy.

It's definitely something in which we're considering/considered

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 10:01 AM

okiechuck:
    I see your answers to many of the questions as "No Plans". So, just what plans can we expect in the near future? Inquiring minds want to know.

Currently we are working on new additions and a UI update to country clubs, we're working on adding all modes of play that is on desktop to mobile and we'll hopefully soon have leaderboardv2 in game for everyone. We are not working on this right now, but sometime n the future one of our biggest priorities is to add more pins to courses

RSS