Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Nico Q&A - 1/27

Mon, May 8 2023 12:31 PM (236 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 4:47 AM
    Thanks nico for addressing all these questions .
  • dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 6:21 AM

Dave33200:

Hello Nico and thanks for having this Q&A thread. My question is how can we unsubscribe from this thread so I don’t keep getting all the emails? This is the first post I made to this thread but I have gotten many emails over the last few days from this post. I do not want to stop some of the emails from other threads, just this one that (until now) I have never posted in, or subscribed too.

Thanks

Dave

Just go back to your original post and select edit, then you will see the option.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 7:07 AM

Thanks Nico , for communicating and listening to us.

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 7:29 AM

That does not work. I have the box unchecked and I still get emails from WGT from this thread and many others that I have never posted a reply in. I get about 20 to 30 a day. 

I have never posted in this thread until the above reply that you quoted but yet I am getting emails from the very first start of the thread that Nico started way back when. 

There are others that with the same problem, I'm just getting tried of getting 20 to 30 emails a day on threads I have never posted in or care to read. 

dhjam1:

Dave33200:

Hello Nico and thanks for having this Q&A thread. My question is how can we unsubscribe from this thread so I don’t keep getting all the emails? This is the first post I made to this thread but I have gotten many emails over the last few days from this post. I do not want to stop some of the emails from other threads, just this one that (until now) I have never posted in, or subscribed too.

Thanks

Dave

Just go back to your original post and select edit, then you will see the option.

• RLSinOP
    221 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 7:39 AM

I'll add one...  How about the option of turning Apparel ON or OFF for Single Play.  Right now it defaults to Apparel ON and there's no way to turn it off.

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 10:27 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

WGTChampion:

Hi Simon. I hope you're doing well. 

I'm sorry this change was underwhelming for you. This is the first update to clubs we're going to do this year, not the last. 

_CHAMPION 

Hi Champ,

I'm doing well. Thanks for asking and I hope you are too.

First of all, I'm sorry if I sounded too negative about you guys' efforts of bringing changes to the game. I want you to know, however, that I've been restraining myself from writing anything negative in public over the course of years.

With all due respect though, do you sincerely believe that is what we, players want? I mean... bringing updates to CC, apparels, club skins, esthetic (design) aspects of the website & the app or any other elements that have nothing to do with fixing the glitches & bugs affecting the game performance such as the showdown bogey problem for instance? 

The game is full of little & big bugs here there everywhere and I'm sure you're aware of it. Of course, it can happen since we're all human beings and make mistakes all the time. I get that. Leaving them unfixed for years and years, however, it's another story, especially when your users keep on pointing out on them constantly. Quite the contrary to our wishes, you guys introduced even more bugs & glitches while updating or releasing new stuff we never asked for! This is so frustrating to say the least, Champ!

Again, although I've been expressing these concerns only with my friends privately, never directly or severely criticized in the forums since I know this could spread out like a virus, I just couldn't help myself this time.

Please, Champ, PLEASE tell your decision makers and engineers it's time to refine your codings and fix the bugs we suffer from for years. It's WAY WAY overdue already. Then, ONLY then, any new changes to the game would be welcome and overwhelming.

Thanks for listening (reading), Champ. Have a great day.

Simon, the still huge fan of your game

• LetterkennyIrish
    10 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 3:21 PM

WGTNico:

We don't have any current plans for something like that no.

GreenLaser:
    Any plans for a low forgiveness, high precision, high balance, high meter putter for those of us who putt off-ding?

Hey Nico and anyone else who reads this,

Based off this comment, I guess a potential solution (if viable) would be having each club have x number of stat points that the owner can distribute how they wish. For example on putters the changeable stats are precision, forgiveness, balance, and meter speed. The things that can't change for a putter are the different yardages. Let's say a stat point equals 0.1 of the stats listed above. 

Let's take the lv. 74 Odyssey putter which has 4.5P, 3.0F, 3.5B, 5.0M, and then in theory let's take the minimum a stat can go is 2.0 on branded clubs and 1.0 on a WGT club. Now GreenLaser could take that Odyssey putter which he may like the look of, and do what he suggests. 

I think this would open up a lot for the competitive side of the game also as you could set your stats on your clubs (for a fee if you wanted) to maximize something you want at the cost of something else. 

I am not sure if the stats are a part of WGT's contract with the brands, but I doubt it. I also assume this to not be an incredibly easy code.

This would imo emulate a tour truck for fine tuning clubs for tour players. As you know Rory and Tiger may play the same driver, but they are in no ways identical.

Hope this sparks some conversation.
    Thanks

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 9:47 PM

Yiannis, I've got a little story for you, dude.

A : "Hey, your dog took a poop on the doorstep ONCE AGAIN! The dookies have been sitting there for days, for weeks now, not only smelling real bad but also getting in the way of people passing by! Wait... What's on your dog's ears?! Did you just take him to the pet shop and got his ear fur dyed??!! Now this is ABSURD!! Come on, it's not time to get your dog groomed, man! IT'S TIME TO CLEAN UP AFTER HIM!"

B : "Just because you may not particularly like the way my dog looks does not make it "absurd" to 99% of other people. Also outside of the most recent caca he discharged (which isn't as smelly as many think according to my nose), my poppet really is not a messy dog. Especially when comparing him to many other dogs in the neighbourhood with even much larger & smellier doodoos than my poppet's."

A : "But changing the colours of your dog's ears now instead of picking the dookies up?? REALLY? It seems to me that you often forget what's more important and necessary, what should be made a top priority."

B : "A cool look(s) upgrade is more impactful than you may think which is why I'm taking my poppet to the pet shop as often as I can. Even if they aren't the most "exciting" changes for you, they are impactful and look much better than what my poppet had previously."

C : "Well said, B!"

D : "You nailed it!"

E : "Simply perfect!"

F : "Bravo!"

Enough said...

• okiechuck
    6,325 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 10:17 PM

Just a suggestion, for Country Clubs over level 20, how about custom tee markers and flags. Maybe even with the Club logo if one is submitted. This is just a thought but there is no carrot at the end of the stick for carrying on with a Club that reaches the end. I guess we could close out the Club and start another but, who would want to go thru that again? Anyway, tee markers and flags maybe a simple solution.

Cheers

RSS