Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Nico Q&A - 1/27

Mon, May 8 2023 12:31 PM (236 replies)
  • WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 10:06 AM

MarchieB:

So does this mean that it is up to Callaway to get a 64° (50 yrd) wedge option added to the current Callaway Jaws wedges that WGT offers (52°, 56° & 60° at each of the various levels L40’s / L60’s / L90’s) ???

Has WGT ever attempted to ask Callaway about adding these? And if it hasn’t, is that something that could be requested in the future so that they could be added?

Typically, Callaway comes to us with the clubs they want in game (such as the new paradym clubs). We can and have asked for certain clubs but it's not surprising on our end if it does not get approved. I would not be surprised if we do end up asking again however

• WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 10:09 AM

callaghan159:
    A few custom course passes would be a good start wouldn't it.

We see most if not all clubs even past level 10-15 let alone 20+ with a stockpile of unused custom course passes. It's such a problem in fact that we're thinking of ways of how to get you all to actually use/spend them instead of just giving out more passes. 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 12:12 PM

WGTNico:

MarchieB:

So does this mean that it is up to Callaway to get a 64° (50 yrd) wedge option added to the current Callaway Jaws wedges that WGT offers (52°, 56° & 60° at each of the various levels L40’s / L60’s / L90’s) ???

Has WGT ever attempted to ask Callaway about adding these? And if it hasn’t, is that something that could be requested in the future so that they could be added?

Typically, Callaway comes to us with the clubs they want in game (such as the new paradym clubs). We can and have asked for certain clubs but it's not surprising on our end if it does not get approved. I would not be surprised if we do end up asking again however

this topic goes back long before you joined us, at least to the beginning of the introduction of the Mack Daddy line of the Callaway wedges. 

here is one of the old thread's I participated in -  MD 64 deg  - then a couple years later - there was the PM Grind thread - now I can grasp the end of the PM grind line given the tension that grew with Phil - but at that time - Phil was still very popular and he would likely not be found on a course without his 64 deg wedge.  it made no sense that they would not want to market their namesake player who helped design the PM line on WGT if they are simply promoting clubs.

reality is - however - many of us have adapted anyway.  if you need to match the slower meter speed then the WGT version of the Max wedge, which is much cheaper clearly suffices and at a cost savings.  Also -  I have never seen WGT reskin the max wedges this entire time - while multiple reskins of the Callaway wedges has occurred.

While the Max wedge is not completely up to all the same specs - if you take the time to chart it map it - and learn it - there are very few real flaws or limitations of it - so there is NO reason to spend more for a matching wedge unless you want to remap another club.

If anything given WGT inability to label wedges appropriately - having different wedges reduces the chance of accidentally selecting the wrong wedge because WGT ONLY uses two wedge labels - lob wedge and sand wedge - when at least one of those wedges could easily fall within a gap or attack wedge type of label.  

The lack of 3 proper wedge labels is also why WGT caddy automatically gives you the wrong wedge at times because it is not selecting the specific yardage needed but the club label and in some cases you will have 2 sand wedges and some cases you will have 2 lob wedges depending on how they are labeled.  So when the caddy defaults to your SW of 100y even though your SW of 75y is more appropriate that is likely what is happening.

I gave up long ago on the hope they would issue a matching wedge, but I don't think I have been hindered at all - if anything it saved me a few thousand credits because the MAX wedge, which you likely won't ever be tempted to update because they don't seem to reskin them - is very much playable and a suitable option.

• dragonmouse
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2023 12:01 AM

Your number 3 answer took the grousing sarcasm and answered that.  Please reread the original, the real question there was about why the camera view at putting doesn't stay at the point of origin when making the putt.  The change to the view of the cup seriously degrades what happens when the putt is traveling.  If I can see the cup to putt "at" it then I should be able to watch it all the way to the end sink or swim (barring going off green or out of frame sideways).  The change from putting view to cup view to see the results interferes with the ability to determine what went wrong with that putt.

Yes it's hard and all the factors you listed are correct, I could care less about the dots movement except as a measure of break on the green.  Switching the view hides whether my read was correct as it not only is not indicative of actual relative distance (I was off by 2in or 5in), that is obvious, It reverses the camera angle in multiple if not all instances. So did I miss it 2in right or left?  Ok which way was the camera facing? Ok which way did I hit it wrong? Ok I now don't remember which side I missed on... well fooey, maybe I'll get it next time.

• Tekomax
    56 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2023 6:57 AM

How is this possible?

Player is L84 but he has L86+ L87+ L90+ clubs?

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2023 7:24 AM

pdb1:
    The problem is I don't think Cleveland ever provided WGT with a CG16 high level 64* wedge .

They did, it was replaced by titleist vokeys...same stats and levels. Its the 64* calloway that has always been missing. the 588s were the higher level Cleveland's

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2023 10:08 AM

WGTNico:
    Typically, Callaway comes to us with the clubs they want in game (such as the new paradym clubs). We can and have asked for certain clubs but it's not surprising on our end if it does not get approved.

To me, your (WGT's) presentation to Callaway should be very simple:  "We have many players that are asking to have a 64° Callaway wedge in the game.  We have other companies like Titleist that offer a 64° wedge in the game.  Do we have your permission to release one?" 

I just can't imagine your parent company saying No to that.  Callaway is your parent company, right?  They're losing money (royalties) every time a player buys a competitor's 64° wedge... and pretty much everyone in the game has a 64° wedge.

WGTNico:
    I would not be surprised if we do end up asking again however

As Community Manager, we're relying on you to be our voice on this.  Please be proactive and ask them again, on our behalf 🙏

RSS