Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Nico Q&A - 1/27

Mon, May 8 2023 12:31 PM (236 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2023 3:24 PM

Thanks, Nico, very informative.

Follow up on deleting tournaments that aren’t brackets:  can only the club owner ask CS for this….or only the creator of the tourney?  Or both?

Also, I see (and understand) WGT doesn’t want to be gatekeeper on how many super passes can be used per Clash round, but could you make a new “permissions” for the OWNER to designate people (e.g., Directors) who are allowed to start a challenge for a new Clash round?  We at Friendly Active Players Club like to admit lower tiers, but they are difficult to educate about Clash strategy.

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2023 3:33 PM

Hello Nico and thanks for having this Q&A thread. My question is how can we unsubscribe from this thread so I don’t keep getting all the emails? This is the first post I made to this thread but I have gotten many emails over the last few days from this post. I do not want to stop some of the emails from other threads, just this one that (until now) I have never posted in, or subscribed too.

Thanks

Dave

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,505 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2023 4:09 PM

Hey Nico, I'm not going to say anything any further not because I'm convinced or persuaded, but because I respect you and everyone at your office.

Thanks for having done this, nevertheless. Appreciate it.

• beerstine
    668 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2023 4:34 PM

As always, thanks Nico for responding to these questions.  The communication and responsiveness has improved greatly since you arrived.  

Personally, I'm glad you and I are on the same page on the question I asked, I hope someday you can help make it happen.

• Robert1212122
    2,297 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2023 11:55 PM

Thank you

• Nancy1959
    7,064 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 12:12 AM

WGTNico:
    3. When things like tiers exist in WGT and no real inventory, equipment, clubs, etc. benefits after level 102, there really isn't any current reason for us to prioritize lowering experience over level 200. We appreciate and are incredibly impressed by all those that have gotten or are approaching level 200. So using engineering resources to make experience adjustments when we don't really have anything to give you all really isn't worth it for level 200 players. If/when we get more things at higher levels then yes absolutely that's something we'll be doing. 
    Kacey1977:
    Isn't it about time WGT awarded Players near to or Over Level 200 a few MORE Levels to play for?

Nico, while I appreciate you communicating on behalf of WGT way more than anyone else has done so since I've been here for the past ten years, I have to say this about your response to Kacey's question about why you won't adjust the xp beyond level 200 to allow for the next levels to be reachable...

So many level 200 members have quit this game altogether, while many others have stopped spending any money on WGT.  This is NOT because you don't give us any better clubs or balls to purchase.  It is solely because the main reason we got hooked on this game was to be able to go for that next achievement (and no, I'm not talking about the current "Achievement & Goals" addition that is silly because the prizes offer no incentive).  The simple ability for a level 200 member to get to level 201, and then 202, and then 203, etc., is ALL that people want to continue to be able to "reach that next thing."

"This is a decision that continues to make zero sense from a business standpoint.  It is not about the fact that you won't give better club and balls available to members who are level 200 and above, because I don't know anyone who is asking for that.  It is ONLY about the fact that you have made it impossible for us level 200 members to achieve anything else in this game, by being able to achieve any higher levels than we have already achieved.

~Nancy

• okiechuck
    6,471 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 1:19 AM

WGTNico:
    2. When it comes to these two courses, they looked horrible in WGT because they weren't shot like how all of our other courses were. The only way to add them back would be for us to shoot them properly. This is my opinion, but I don't know if shooting those 2 courses would be as "exciting" as 2 completely brand new courses that haven't been in WGT in someway before. 
    BPeterson8256:
    Does WGT occasionally look into the possibility of bringing Cabo & Whistler back?

Everyone I know and have played with loved these courses. Even when we had to pay to play them, they were great. The last month of Flash we got to play them for free and I would bet they got more play than any other course we has access to. Maybe having a contract with Cabo and Whistler once before, it would be an easier task to add these back to our menu of courses. 

I see your answers to many of the questions as "No Plans". So, just what plans can we expect in the near future? Inquiring minds want to know.

Cheers

• ozysouthpaw
    2,848 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 1:53 AM

WGTNico:
    We're working on this now actually. 
    ozysouthpaw:
    When are we likely to be able to access Country Club Custom Courses when setting up a tournament from the app?

Thanks Nico, look forward to its introduction.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 3:34 AM

First I’d like to say thank you to Nico for taking the time to have this Q&A.
    This was the question I would have asked but as it was already there I didn’t bother asking it myself again.
    I would however just like to ask for a bit more clarity on the answer.

WGTNico:

That's kind of up to Callaway and what clubs they want to give us. 

GreenLaser:
    Any plans for a high level 64° Callaway wedge to match the other high level Callaway wedges?

So does this mean that it is up to Callaway to get a 64° (50 yrd) wedge option added to the current Callaway Jaws wedges that WGT offers (52°, 56° & 60° at each of the various levels L40’s / L60’s / L90’s) ???

Has WGT ever attempted to ask Callaway about adding these? And if it hasn’t, is that something that could be requested in the future so that they could be added?

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 4:39 AM

A few custom course passes would be a good start wouldn't it.

WGTNico:
    we have nothing new or exciting for country clubs to offer past level 20.
    WGTNico:
    For the very small number of level 200 players we have, we don't have anything to give you all

You could start with a sleeve of good balls.....would be a nice start.

RSS