Forums

Help › Forums

WHY SOME FROM CC's BRING QUESTIONs TO THE FORUMs

Wed, Jan 31 2024 10:43 AM (58 replies)
  • CaptRon48
    186 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 7:39 AM

I do get a kick out of seeing so many people with inflated self importance as they relate to the game battle it out (no matter which side). 

But i'm reminded of what some game developers personally  told me many many years ago. 90% of the player base doesn't even  utilize the forum so you have to be careful listening to 10% of the player base.

Their solution was to actually play their game and interact with players both incognito and transparently. Twenty plus years later their game is still going.

• CaptRon48
    186 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 7:42 AM

I do get a kick out of seeing so many people with inflated self importance as they relate to the game battle it out (no matter which side). 

But i'm reminded of what some game developers personally  told me many many years ago. 90% of the player base doesn't even  utilize the forum so you have to be careful listening to 10% of the player base.

Their solution was to actually play their game and interact with players both incognito and transparently. Twenty plus years later their game is still going.

• IamNicklaus
    496 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 8:03 AM

CaptRon48:
    90% of the player base doesn't even  utilize the forum so you have to be careful listening to 10% of the player base.

Probably a lot more than 90% , but it's a valid point  and why the q&a thread was nothing more than a minimal effort appeasement for a handful of forum users.  

If they were really interested in what people  thought, they would have put some effort into creating a link within the app , to an external survey. 

I did mention this on that thread , but no surprise it was the only thing Nico dodged! .  An external survey ( with space for suggestions /questions) , would give them a meaningful sample size and would be targeted to people who actually log in and play the game as opposed to sending out a link to a shed load of junk emails /spam folders and targeting a miniscule amount of forum users.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 8:16 AM

IamNicklaus:

CaptRon48:
    90% of the player base doesn't even  utilize the forum so you have to be careful listening to 10% of the player base.

Probably a lot more than 90% , but it's a valid point  and why the q&a thread was nothing more than a minimal effort appeasement for a handful of forum users.  

If they were really interested in what people  thought, they would have put some effort into creating a link within the app on opening , to an external survey. 

I did mention this on that thread , but no surprise it was the only thing Nico dodged! .  An external survey ( with space for suggestions /questions) , would give them a meaningful sample size and would be targeted to people who actually log in and play the game as opposed to sending out a link to a shed load of junk emails /spam folders and targeting a miniscule amount of forum users.

I agree with this ^^^ in principle. However, even though the sample size consists of the usual suspects, many of the posts address long-standing glitches. IMHO, the majority of players would probably support the same questions being floated here.

• IamNicklaus
    496 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 8:33 AM

ct690911:
    I agree with this ^^^ in principle. However, even though the sample size consists of the usual suspects, many of the posts address long-standing glitches. IMHO, the majority of players would probably support the same questions being floated here

Yea some issues would no doubt be duplicated , but there would also be other issues /requests that would be raised that would never get air time in here . If you wish to know what people want , what they like/don't like about an activity the only true way of getting an accurate and meaningful response is to ask as many participants as possible .

If there is a field with 10 cows , 2 dogs and a cat in it and you asked them what their favourite food is  the most popular answer would be grass .

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 9:31 AM

"If there is a field with 10 cows , 2 dogs and a cat in it and you asked them what their favourite food is  the most popular answer would be grass ."

OK...this ^^^ is damn funny..:)

• callaghan159
    6,263 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 9:50 AM

If you asked 10 trolls about what they think, 7 out of 10 would be BS, lies or false information

• TopShelf2010
    10,891 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2023 10:05 AM

callaghan159:

If you asked 10 trolls about what they think, 7 out of 10 would be BS, lies or false information

Done ! Finished ! Lock the thread !

Nothing can top this.

ROTFLMAO

RSS