Forums

Help › Forums

disappointed

Fri, Jul 7 2023 6:38 AM (32 replies)
  • garyk49
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2022 10:27 AM

billycash74:

wrong is your specialty. you never disappoint lil fella.

Not nice.

• callaghan159
    6,242 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2022 10:49 AM

garyk49:

billycash74:

wrong is your specialty. you never disappoint lil fella.

Not nice.

Lots of them type in the forums

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2022 11:01 AM

Thanks guys, but no worries. .

• ScottHope
    10,182 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2022 1:02 PM

garyk49:
    We know different things, such as I can build a computer not sure if he can.

Indeed we do. I have only ever built one computer in my life, that was a couple of years ago. I was quite concerned about making sure everything would be compatible, so I watched oodles of YouTube videos to give me the best chance of getting it right. Fortunately, when it came to the switch on, it fired right up and has worked just fine ever since. There were a few problems with the graphics card driver, but that was down to AMD, not me.

• vanucks0
    3 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2022 4:00 PM

Thanks for response and from all others as well.  I know I need to suck it up buttercup but my frustration got the better of me and I spewed it on here for all to see....d'oh!

As far as the set of the week tourneys I like the idea but it still doesnt address the wide divide between which balls are used. Same clubs or fairly close to the same is great but its the balls that separate those from the herd.

I will try once again with the free credits and see what happens there. I was lucky enough to have someone gift me the wgt ball and even though it is only a 1 distance gave me 10-20YDS more on my drive...10 credits for a sleeve....maybe ill start there.

On a different note can someone explain what or how CC work.  Im not seeing the advantage of it. Ive read up on it and joined a couple but I didnt understand what was going on.  All the tourneys in the couple clubs I tried were all top 3 payout only and those top 3 were all very very good players so there was no chance of competing...so why would I want that?  I m sure Im missing something, Im just not sure what?

Again thanks to those who responded.....I honestly was expecting to be mocked for my whiney complaining ways which would have been warranted but everyone has been supportive and given honest respectful feedback....I appreciate that.

• garyk49
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2022 7:51 PM

Scott take a look at partspicker.com

• Yiannis1970
    3,273 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2022 11:25 PM

ScottHope:

There were a few problems with the graphics card driver, but that was down to AMD, not me.

Naaaaaaaaa, cannot be Scott!! Never heard of it!!

LOL

• ScottHope
    10,182 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2022 1:41 AM

garyk49:
    Scott take a look at partspicker.com

Thanks Gary, I did end up there after a few Paul's Hardware videos.  ; )

Yiannis1970:
    Naaaaaaaaa, cannot be Scott!! Never heard of it!!  LOL

Absolutely! Hehe.

The RX 5700 XT had a few teething troubles with early drivers which gave it a bit of a bad reputation. I have the Gigabyte version...

...even when I bought it, it was considered a mid-range card and it is quite a lump, but it's nothing compared to the behemoths coming out from AMD and Nvidia today.

• Yiannis1970
    3,273 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2022 7:03 AM

Good solid card Scott!! I have the 570 and experienced many issues as well with drivers in the past. For the last 3 years works like a treat and i am very happy for a budget card.

As for the new cards (and especially their pricing), i won't speak my mind cause we are already off topic. Cheers!!

• ScottHope
    10,182 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2022 8:11 AM

Thanks Yiannis. I'll admit to not knowing anything about the 570 but, as I have heard said, if your computer does what you want in the time you want it done, then you should be content.

The prices of PC parts have come down dramatically since the chip shortage eased, but you're right about higher end GPUs, I paid less for my complete PC than it would cost to get Nvidias 4090.

Okay vanucks0, back to you.  ; )

RSS