Forums

Help › Forums

disappointed

Fri, Jul 7 2023 6:38 AM (32 replies)
  • vanucks0
    3 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2022 10:32 AM

So, I got turned on to WGT from a friend , became instantly addicted, told my friends.  I waited and waited and finally splurged for level 85 clubs so I could compete in tourneys etc and for the first couple weeks it was great.noticed a big big difference with new clubs...played a lot did ok in brackets...not great but not bad and within 3 weeks of getting my new clubs i had moved up 2 levels from master to legend....approx 3 months ago. This move was extremely difficult and maddening. I wish someone would have warned me about moving up to legend like I have warned my friends who arent there yet.

Now, I cant compete in any way shape or form...actually had my best score of -7 for 9 holes in a 10 credit tourney and came in 12th out of 50 and won total of 12 credits for a 2 credit win.  Winner shot -12. Mostly Im shooting -2 to -5 which is nowhere good enough to come in the money but it was good enough in lower tiers. I can't afford to buy balls and especially cant afford to  keep buying them and so I can't compete in any tourney/ bracket etc. and I can see I will not be able to against everyone who has juiced up balls.

I feel disappointed and a bit ripped off if Im being honest.  The whole point of upgrading my clubs was to be able to compete a little in tourneys etc which I was able to for 3 weeks and because of being pushed up levels so quickly and lack of juiced up balls I am in no mans land and am losing interest fast. I played in a 10 credit 50 player tourney and had 3 holes that i couldnt even reach the fairway on my drive.....like wtf?  

If someone had said yea great good clubs are nice and all but unless you buy balls and continue to buy them forever you are fkd I would not have spent money that I didnt really have on new clubs.  Its such an uneven playing field.    If there were some games where everyone had the same ball I could live with getting beat but this unfair advantage is killing the game for me. Even Coin games are a joke as i regularly have players 100yds closer to the hole than me after the drive. I spent money only to be punished for it.

Loved this game but am learning to hate it....not even hate....just disinterested and disappointed that the game I thouroughly enjoyed is dying on the vine for me.  I certainly would not recommend anymore or if I did I would share my knowledge of the way things work.

• ArchieBunker85
    61 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2022 12:45 AM

Those cheap ready go's you're playing in are open to all tiers. Play in legend only tournaments and the competition wont be nearly as tough. I play in legend brackets all the time and see people post over par scores so it ain't that hard to compete in legend. Consistently shooting mid/low 60's will give you winning chances in brackets and that's doable with your equipment. You don't need high end balls either. My balls are 250 credits a sleeve and I can afford those just fine from watching ads everyday. I've never bought titleist balls and probably never will and I beat people using them on a regular basis in coin games.

• CaptRon48
    185 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2022 6:55 AM

Have you tried to support your habit ny taking advantage of various ways to get free credits?

• Kittykat2017
    528 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2022 9:31 AM
    This post has been deleted.
  • vanucks0
    3 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2022 10:13 AM

Thanks for any response to my ranting.

I play on pc and the watching video way of getting free credits doesnt work and the filling out forms is a joke.  Tried it a few times and after answering a bunch of questions it tells me Im not eligible....after they got all the info they wanted of course. 

Previous poster says that they use only the 250 cost balls.....i cannot afford to be paying that.  I also tried the brackets and first time shot -4 and it was the worst score out of 16 and 2nd time was pretty much the same so am not sure what brackets you are playing.  I have good clubs and can hit the ball not bad but its like im stuck on hack again, not reaching fairways, not even close to being competitive....meh...what was the point of better clubs?

Like the way the the rest of the world is going I guess its haves and have nots...and I thought I was in the have side of things with improved clubs but turns out im not.....just wish i knew this before getting started on this game.  How bout a tourney or 2 where everyone has the same ball or at least in legend play against others within a few strokes average wise?  Otherwise the thought of never being competitive takes all the wind out of my sails.

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2022 2:03 PM

We’ve all been there.  Try playing social games, instead of the ready go’s and sweeps. Join a CC. Watch some videos to buy some balls.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,541 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2022 2:39 PM

This won't sound pretty but I'll be honest with you, vanuck.

Your scores aren't good enough to win any serious credits in RGs and to exaggerate it a bit, you're being nothing but a sucker donating credits to "predators".

I see you play at Merion mostly. You should be able to score 25-27, at least 29 on 9 holes there to see some decent ROI.

Build up a solid formula you can trust, stick with a ball you feel comfortable and map your clubs & balls. As other experts suggested, it would be a nice idea for you to join a good country club where you could find excellent players who can offer you tips and guidance for your mastery of the game.

Good luck. 👍

• ArchieBunker85
    61 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2022 2:12 AM

I skimmed through your list of rounds played. Basically every bracket you've played in is tierless. That's just askin to get smoked by some tour champion that can shoot 55 with their eyes closed. Play in legend tier events. The bracket I'm in now has 12 scores posted in the first round. 6 of those scores are 70 or higher on a par 72 course. Do you own a smartphone? Download the mobile app, login to your account and watch ads that way. There's also app offers you can complete for more free credits. I just played a mobile game for a couple weeks and was rewarded with over 7000 credits for completing various goals in that game. All were earned f2p with no money spent. There's also ways to watch ads on PC with an emulator but idk how that works, never tried it.

vanucks0:

Thanks for any response to my ranting.

I play on pc and the watching video way of getting free credits doesnt work and the filling out forms is a joke.  Tried it a few times and after answering a bunch of questions it tells me Im not eligible....after they got all the info they wanted of course. 

Previous poster says that they use only the 250 cost balls.....i cannot afford to be paying that.  I also tried the brackets and first time shot -4 and it was the worst score out of 16 and 2nd time was pretty much the same so am not sure what brackets you are playing.  I have good clubs and can hit the ball not bad but its like im stuck on hack again, not reaching fairways, not even close to being competitive....meh...what was the point of better clubs?

Like the way the the rest of the world is going I guess its haves and have nots...and I thought I was in the have side of things with improved clubs but turns out im not.....just wish i knew this before getting started on this game.  How bout a tourney or 2 where everyone has the same ball or at least in legend play against others within a few strokes average wise?  Otherwise the thought of never being competitive takes all the wind out of my sails.

RSS