Forums

Help › Forums

11/15 Update/Bug Fixes

Sat, Nov 26 2022 5:25 PM (89 replies)
  • twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 9:40 AM

Yiannis1970:

I know that sounds incredible but this used to be a golf simulation game, so many people were playing cause they were enjoying golf. Now that the game has become an arcade circus golf, why don't you give the chance to anyone above 15 years old to say:

NO, i don't care about goals and achievements.

NO, i don't care about new shoes, t-shirts, pants, stockings...

NO, i don't care waste my time playing coin games.

NO, i don't care about ball effects.

NO, i don't care to see different fonts on every update.

NO, i don't care about different colors either.

NO, i don't care to be the beta tester of every new bug introduced after every update.

+1000

Thank you for saying exactly what the friends I play with and myself have been saying to each other since Day 1 of the new format. Utter garbage since the end of the Flash format and it just keeps getting more and more deplorable.

Just 67 days away from 3000 CDP without a reset and I honestly think I'm not going to make it because WGT is doing everything they possibly can to discourage long time players such as ourselves.

WGT, can you not just reverse this update like it never happened? We really don't give a duck about ugly Christmas sweaters and such, we just want to play the game. Or should I contact Coca-Cola and Princess Cruise Lines to make sure they're aware of the joke they've associated themselves with?

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 9:56 AM

You are welcome. My friends say the same things from day 1 too...

• Kittykat2017
    521 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 10:05 AM
    This post has been deleted.
  • ScottHope
    10,121 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 10:54 AM

I know it's too late for this mess up, but if you don't want your game to update until all the bugs are ironed out in that update, it might be prudent to launch the game from the golf.exe file, thereby sidestepping the launcher and the update.

An easy way to get into the game using the golf.exe file is to make yourself a taskbar shortcut.

1. Fire up the game and click the play button.

2. Make sure you have WGT Golf in the top left of the game window. If you have WGT Launcher you need to click the play button.

3. Right click the WGT Golf icon on your taskbar and select Pin to taskbar from the pop up menu.

4. Clicking that pinned taskbar icon will launch the game without going through the launcher or installing any updates.

5. When you feel happy to receive the update, go back to running the game via the WGT Launcher, and when the next update comes round, go back to launching via the taskbar icon.

⇩ EDIT : Cheers Yiannis. ; ) ⇩

• gillian5048
    162 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 11:07 AM

Thanks! This new update has made it impossible for me to play. No tee box.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 11:18 AM

Scott the savior as always!!!

I will do that pal, as soon as they fix the last issues. Thank you again.

• Dneirf
    420 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 11:41 AM

NO! NO! NO!

I respectfully and strongly disagree and highly recommend not practicing any "bypassing" of software updates.

For one, there could be undocumented "fixes" in game play to improve the players overall skill, or equipment, or virtual golf balls, and etc.

Most importantly, the updates could and most likely are tied into the Goals & Achievements Modules and "bypassing" any updates most likely will result in the player not reaping the intended outcome of the software.

Therefore, there is more to loose than to gain bypassing software updates!

Those who bypass the gatekeeper will not enter the pasture!

God Bless and remember the Goals,

-Dneirf

ScottHope:

I know it's too late for this mess up, but the next time an update is due, it might be prudent to launch the game from the golf.exe file, thereby sidestepping the launcher and the update, until any new bugs that might be present, are ironed out.

An easy way to get into the game using the golf.exe file is to make yourself a taskbar shortcut.

1. Fire up the game and click the play button.

2. Make sure you have WGT Golf in the top left of the game window. If you have WGT Launcher you need to click the play button.

3. Right click the WGT Golf icon on your taskbar and select Pin to taskbar from the pop up menu.

4. Clicking that pinned taskbar icon will launch the game without going through the launcher or installing any updates.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 12:05 PM

borntobesting:
    Gary I had the same problem with Chrome and Edge. I downloaded Firefox and it worked for at least 1 survey, will see if it continues. I completed 1 more survey before I got the oops/

Firefox appears to be working again. Just did a few surveys with no issues.

Don

• onekeano
    4,011 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 12:53 PM

ok why cant we play MP tried different resolutions and get no TEE OFF, also there is a red X showing on the opponents name 

RSS