Help › Forums

11/15 Update/Bug Fixes

Sat, Nov 26 2022 5:25 PM (89 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 2:20 PM

Dneirf:
    NO! NO! NO!

I respectfully and strongly disagree and highly recommend not practicing any "bypassing" of software updates.

I'm not suggesting that people permanently avoid all updates Dneirf, just not install them until the bugs, like having no 'tee off' button, are ironed out. ; )

• Huganot123
    1 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 2:24 PM

Why do all multi player games now require at least 4 players? That's a sudden change that frankly sucks. Two players should be able to play a round.

• Triebie0815
    12 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 2:46 PM

it does not. the last update just messed up the resolutions.

i use to play at 1900x1080 and now you can't see the tee off button anymore.

when you change to 1366x768 the tee off button is visible again.

It is amazing how many ways wgt find to make the game worse with every new update.

• ForeverHackin
    2,310 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 3:38 PM

WGTNico:
    This current bug on PC regarding issues affecting these game modes is our highest priority bug right now. It was something no one could have expected to have happen. Within 30 minutes we got a ticket open and an engineer working on it. I will relay info as anything comes in.

Ok, so why haven't we heard from WGT on this yet? Instead, we've got a bunch of people scrambling to figure out a "work around" fix, but what we really need is for WGT to fix the game....AGAIN!!!! If this is truly a "top priority bug right now" LET'S GET THIS FIXED! 

Come on, WGT, you're losing revenue because players don't have a PLAY button! Isn't that enough incentive to pay the developers their overtime to fix the problem?

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 4:05 PM

ScottHope:

Dneirf:
    NO! NO! NO!

I respectfully and strongly disagree and highly recommend not practicing any "bypassing" of software updates.

I'm not suggesting that people permanently avoid all updates Dneirf, just not install them until the bugs, like having no 'tee off' button, are ironed out. ; )

Scott, as soon as WGT fixes the bug, can you upload a small video with the procedure?

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 4:17 PM

I am not suggesting that you fully understand software programming Scott, especially that of the gaming environment. Any circumventing of the software's architecture is an security breach.

ScottHope:

Dneirf:
    NO! NO! NO!

[EDIT]

There should exist no permissions allowing the execution of golf.exe other than through the Launcher.exe file code.

In other words no double clicking, no right clicking & open file, and-so-on, the file, golf.exe, should have read only permissions.

The code to trigger the event of the execution of golf.exe would be secured within Launcher.exe code preventing any security breach such as circumventing Launcher.exe.

You people need to start giving the developers of this software some credit, software programming is dynamic and an challenge even to the most seasoned of developers.

Here is one small example: If the coder of the software does not fully document the code step by step, when that coder leaves the project for whatever reason, the next coder stepping in trying to debug the undocumented code most likely will spend considerable time perhaps even years tracing the dynamic linking of the coded modules.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 5:00 PM

https://theflatearthsociety.org/home/

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 5:02 PM

Biting Off More Than You Can Chew

This is what WGT has been doing update after update. 

I remember Nico posted somewhere here confirming that WGT is a very small group of engineers, marketers, designers and what not. 

IMHO the main reason why they keep on repeating the same mistake over and over in each & every update for years is because someone above them keeps putting pressure on WGT staff to add or introduce something new to the game constantly, and that something new is unfortunately... always cartoonish, arcade-like, mickey-mouse stuff that are so distant from the nature of golf. TopGolf doesn't give a sod about the quality of this wonderful game 'cause it's only a marketing tool for them. If they did, they wouldn't run the game like they do now.

WGT should've never been acquired by TopGolf. Have you all seen TopGolf venues and websites, the ambiance & atmosphere they try to induce with golf? Honestly, you can't expect much from the people with that kind of motto. All these absurd nonsense we're going through right now may well be a natural consequence as long as TG controls WGT. 

So yeah, I'd say the main culprit is TopGolf ruining this game, and I strongly disagree with folks who allege as if the game's gone downhill since the end of Flash version, putting the blame (as usual) entirely on the mobile/new platform.

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 7:55 PM

Since, probably like most WGT players, I generally tend to complain ...

The update a month ago on fixing the available/not available is a big improvement.  Not where we were with Flash, but much better for us AS players.

Tom.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2022 2:00 AM

Yiannis1970:
    Scott, as soon as WGT fixes the bug, can you upload a small video with the procedure?

It's quite straightforward, Yiannis. I've put a picture in with my post HERE which shows what to do.

Just got another update through. Version 1.84.1.251893_D.

Tee off button has returned.

RSS