Forums

Help › Forums

Showdowns

Mon, Jan 29 2024 11:38 AM (54 replies)
  • carze
    11 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2022 11:24 PM

i think wgt should stay out of players games leave it to the player to play when your game is going well this is in every tourny and you at the easiest hole all the sudden it takes ten shots to get it in does this only happen to the ones that don't pay to play

• couchpot
    919 Posts
    Sat, Jul 29 2023 7:10 PM

I have been searching but cannot work out how to change tiers within the Showdown events.  For example Paris 180 coins to something else. Can someone please explain how?

As far as the rest of the discussion goes IMHO it seems to move tiers in general play you need to play Stroke games.  Many of the players in these Showdowns who are in lower tiers are very good players with excellent gear - but have not levelled up because they do not play Stroke play games.  Then at a lower tier they get to tee off on closer tee spots and 'gimmies' further from the hole.  It could be argued (not sure I'd agree) that it is unfair on the higher tiered players.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Wed, Aug 2 2023 7:57 AM

couchpot:
    I have been searching but cannot work out how to change tiers within the Showdown events.  For example Paris 180 coins to something else. Can someone please explain how?

When you enter the SD you have 3 Tier options- Rookie- Veteran- Expert

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Wed, Aug 2 2023 1:06 PM

Well....it's been a while in the forums for me....    This being said, let me roll this one by you.    These "competition levels" are a joke.....always have been.  Why would one think they would have a better chance of winning if tiers were limited?    Do you actually think this would allow you to have a better chance of winning against a 105 TM, sporting the finest clubs, 1500 cred balls, hopped up on the "WGT apparel steroids", playing from the ladies tees?    C'mon now....   LMAO.......

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Wed, Aug 2 2023 3:49 PM

Good on you for at least proposing something but not sure that is the answer.  I think entry should be based on Tier and level.  I play a lot of coin games as well as a lot of "free" bracket tournaments.  My argument is against Tour Pros/Masters that are at levels in the 100s and have all the best equipment.  In addition to hitting from shorter tees, they also have the experience.  Not sure what the answer is to a viable handicap system is but it does need improvement.  My suggestion is to come up with a handicap system similar to real golf but every round you play is automatically scored against handicap as opposed to you entering it.  Problem with this is some people will play ranked rounds and tank their score in an effort to push handicap up.  No good answer on this one.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Thu, Aug 3 2023 2:29 PM

Squatch031:

Good on you for at least proposing something but not sure that is the answer.  I think entry should be based on Tier and level.  I play a lot of coin games as well as a lot of "free" bracket tournaments.  My argument is against Tour Pros/Masters that are at levels in the 100s and have all the best equipment.  In addition to hitting from shorter tees, they also have the experience.  Not sure what the answer is to a viable handicap system is but it does need improvement.  My suggestion is to come up with a handicap system similar to real golf but every round you play is automatically scored against handicap as opposed to you entering it.  Problem with this is some people will play ranked rounds and tank their score in an effort to push handicap up.  No good answer on this one.

If shorter tees for lower tiers are bothering anyone, stop playing in the rookie division and play the veteran one. Everyone tees off from the same box there...

P. S. : I often find it funny, when reading ideas for a handicap system in WGT comps. Imagine PGA tour having that... If anyone wants to win something despite not being good enough to do it without a head start, they should do it within the confines of their CC. As for credit tourneys, if one is good enough to win, they'll win....eventually. If not, they can either participate to the best of their abilities and place wherever their skill allows them... or stay out of the comp. But expecting WGT would bend over backwards to give average players a chance to win is laughable. They already invented the clash for them... 

• hillcres1471
    9 Posts
    Fri, Aug 4 2023 5:56 AM

Iam a TC and did enter the higher ones but got fed up with the 3 bogey glitch after being in several decent positions so I just play rookie for a bit of fun and minimal expense

• couchpot
    919 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2023 9:07 AM

Thanks PureGro1.  Next time we have a Showdown, would you mind explaining where it is I can select those options?  For example, on what screen and what part of the screen.  I am not being sarcastic, I still can't work it out.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2023 11:05 AM

couchpot:

Thanks PureGro1.  Next time we have a Showdown, would you mind explaining where it is I can select those options?  For example, on what screen and what part of the screen.  I am not being sarcastic, I still can't work it out.

No worries...Sure thing, I will try to get a screenshot of it as well. 

RSS