Help › Forums

Goals & Achievements - Live on all platforms

Fri, Mar 31 2023 9:13 PM (258 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2022 7:23 PM

fmagnets:

SamSpayed:

goals and achievements that pay next to nothing compared to the ball hits (i.e. $) required to achieve them.

Not sure I understand this. None of the goals that I've seen requires the use of paid-for balls. There was one to make a purchase in the pro shop, but that could be the cheapest sleeve going, or something you were going to buy anyway, or just ignore it because you can leave out 4 per week and still reach the maximum weekly target.

All of these rewards can be achieved without spending any credits, and so are free if you want them to be. If you don't want to play with starter balls, or free leftover balls from your bag, or you don't want to play for them at all, that's up to you.

Mags, while I agree with you, the average Joe player on here isn’t thinking to change his balls prior to going after a daily or weekly goal.  To me you should be able to change your ball prior to your first hit on tee 1.  That’s another change that would be nice.  But yes, all G&As can be earned with the free rock.  That’s a fact.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2022 7:46 PM

fmagnets:
    All of these rewards can be achieved without spending any credits, and so are free if you want them to be. If you don't want to play with starter balls, or free leftover balls from your bag, or you don't want to play for them at all, that's up to you.

pmm711:
    the average Joe player on here isn’t thinking to change his balls prior to going after a daily or weekly goal.

You both are correct, IMO.

Most members, myself included, will just use the balls they use. Odds are more will than not. WGT banks on the odds.

Some of the goals, and achievements are based upon score, birdies, eagles, coin room wins, etc... Unlike Mr. Mags, et al, we lesser players are at a disadvantage with rocks. WGT knows this.  G & A has a symbiotic relationship with the general membership, we get a little back while they get increased play, and revenues from balls hits. A win-win LOL

EDIT: And, next time we play an alt match, on Kiawah, and I drive over the 3 par green, into unknown pond, I will finally earn that achievement and get some XP.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2022 8:24 PM

More than anything, I wonder what made Chris join this. Good to read his writing again in the forums for sure. :)

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 12:06 AM

WGTNico:

yep I'll be listing them out in detail when they're in the game. There's a chance a couple more may be added to the list of bug fixes

bossbird:

Nico , will there be a detailed list of all the bug fixes , in order that we know what would be working , eg opening apparel boxes thanks 

Thanks Nico , that will be most useful 

• oohaahh
    375 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 11:05 AM

pmm711:

fmagnets:

SamSpayed:

goals and achievements that pay next to nothing compared to the ball hits (i.e. $) required to achieve them.

Not sure I understand this. None of the goals that I've seen requires the use of paid-for balls. There was one to make a purchase in the pro shop, but that could be the cheapest sleeve going, or something you were going to buy anyway, or just ignore it because you can leave out 4 per week and still reach the maximum weekly target.

Mags, while I agree with you, the average Joe player on here isn’t thinking to change his balls prior to going after a daily or weekly goal.  To me you should be able to change your ball prior to your first hit on tee 1.  That’s another change that would be nice.  But yes, all G&As can be earned with the free rock.  That’s a fact.

Many can be won without even needing to play a completed round....play your 4 CTTH holes with rocks and end the round.....the goal is still there. Go out and hit rocks into the water/bunker and withdraw once you've hit enough and they still add to your achievement total. The others are pretty much part of normal play so use your normal ball.....

....the only one I dislike is the win a game in the 100 coin room.....but that could be worse they could make it win a game in Monaco!

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 4:54 PM

WGTNico:

You're underestimating how large and beneficial G&A is for all players just because you may not like it.

I would love to hear what the benefits are for a Level 104 player (me) that has nearly 17 million (useless) coins and doesn't need any more XP?  Apparel boxes also aren't needed.  So I can collect 35 credits each week if I manage to complete EVERY goal for that week (150 stars), or 15 credits if I don't manage all the goals but manage to accumulate 90 stars.  Wow, that really is a large dangling carrot!  Seeing as I've never yet managed to complete every goal, I get 15cr each week.  It will only take 37 weeks until I've saved enough to buy 1 sleeve of Level 81 TaylorMade balls.

So I ask again, what are these large benefits you talk about for Tour Legends and above (most will be above Level 104) who don't need any more coins, XP or apparel?  It's not so much that I don't like the G&A, it's the fact that, as far as I can tell, they are rather useless for players of my tier/level and above.

• hardwick1
    742 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 5:00 PM

You're underestimating how large and beneficial G&A is for all players just because you may not like it.

No what everyone is doing is asking reasonable and rational questions. That question is "why keep rolling out new features that everyone know will need massive fixes before you fix the mess that WGT already is and has been since the end of flash"?

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 5:05 PM

fmagnets:

So you are saying you change your balls to the freebies each time you want to achieve a goal?  I think not.  Further, I suspect you don't even bother with the G&A's, which is exactly the point a few are trying to make here - it's bells & whistles that no one asked for, many don't care about, and there are many gameplay bugs, some long-standing ones, that could have been fixed instead.  And to release the G&A's with so many bugs just shows how much they really care about their customerbase.  As I said previously, if I'd have done this when I was a programmer, I woudn't have remained a programmer for long!  The attention given to testing and QA is shocking!

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 6:27 PM

MioKontic:

So you are saying you change your balls to the freebies each time you want to achieve a goal?  I think not.

You are absolutely correct. Nowhere am I saying what balls I use or don't use to achieve a goal.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 8:57 PM

fmagnets:

MioKontic:

So you are saying you change your balls to the freebies each time you want to achieve a goal?  I think not.

You are absolutely correct. Nowhere am I saying what balls I use or don't use to achieve a goal.

Mags' ball supply...an unending hymn of praise.  :-)

RSS