Forums

Help › Forums

Goals & Achievements - Live on all platforms

Fri, Mar 31 2023 9:13 PM (258 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2022 2:02 PM

Nico , will there be a detailed list of all the bug fixes , in order that we know what would be working , eg opening apparel boxes thanks 

• callaghan159
    6,226 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2022 2:13 PM

bossbird:

Nico , will there be a detailed list of all the bug fixes , in order that we know what would be working , eg opening apparel boxes thanks 

+1

• WGTNico
    622 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2022 2:19 PM

yep I'll be listing them out in detail when they're in the game. There's a chance a couple more may be added to the list of bug fixes

bossbird:

• WGTNico
    622 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2022 2:20 PM

You're underestimating how large and beneficial G&A is for all players just because you may not like it.

MioKontic:

WGTNico:

Was just given the preliminary list of bug fixes that'll happen in the next update. There were almost 100 tasks regarding just Goals & Achievements (this involves tasks and bug fixes)

There are currently 34 bug fixes coming in the next update, many of which are Goals & Achievements related.

Once again Nico, have to ask, why is so much time being spent on fixing Goals bugs when there are far more important bugs to sort out, some which have been around since the demise of Flash, and some even before that?  Some priority needs to be given to those bugs that actually impede gameplay rather than trying to add bells & whistles that no one asked for.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2022 2:34 PM

Once again I'm here to help. WGT is missing the most obvious way to include naysayers in this Goals and Achievements program. 

Make bitching and complaining in the forums a daily goal. Maybe even an hourly goal. Seems plenty have the time to do it over and over and over and over and over again.

There......  now pay me.

~CD~

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,515 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2022 2:54 PM

callaghan159:

bossbird:

+1

Another +1 from me.

A very good idea (question), Leslie!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,515 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2022 3:04 PM

WGTNico:
    yep I'll be listing them out in detail when they're in the game. There's a chance a couple more may be added to the list of bug fixes

And thank you, Nico. 👍

• SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2022 6:17 PM

WGTNico:

Was just given the preliminary list of bug fixes that'll happen in the next update. There were almost 100 tasks regarding just Goals & Achievements (this involves tasks and bug fixes)

There are currently 34 bug fixes coming in the next update, many of which are Goals & Achievements related.

I think it speaks to the quality of WGT's QA team that G&A was released with so many bugs.  Kudos to the WGT development team for fixing the bugs, though.

WGTNico:
    You're underestimating how large and beneficial G&A is for all players just because you may not like it.

And I think you're not only ignoring Mio's legitimate concerns (which many of us here in the Community share, by the way), but are doing so with a flippant answer. 

From what I've seen so far with G&A, it's designed mostly to enrich the WGT coffers by creating a psychological desire in players to pursue goals and achievements that pay next to nothing compared to the ball hits (i.e. $$$) required to achieve them.  

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2022 6:49 PM

SamSpayed:

This is from a conversation in discord. I read it as well. I also recall, Champ pointing out that the 100 bugs included ones that were already on list before G & A launched.  In other words, G & A was rolled out with several known problems, in addition to the ones that are being reported by members.

Personally, I kind of like the G & A addition. For those who do not, nbd, but there should be a way for them to turn off the in game "pop up" that shows a goal, or achievement, being earned.

In any event, as enjoyable, and beneficial, for those that embrace it, it should not have been rolled out with the known bugs.  I just wonder, how many of the 100 were known to the engineers before it was released.

IMO, WGT needs a little more patience in its rush to get members to play more, and exhaust balls. In the end, it would receive a better reception if it was better beta tested before release, without regard for how long it will take.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2022 6:53 PM

SamSpayed:

goals and achievements that pay next to nothing compared to the ball hits (i.e. $$) required to achieve them.

Not sure I understand this. None of the goals that I've seen requires the use of paid-for balls. There was one to make a purchase in the pro shop, but that could be the cheapest sleeve going, or something you were going to buy anyway, or just ignore it because you can leave out 4 per week and still reach the maximum weekly target.

All of these rewards can be achieved without spending any credits, and so are free if you want them to be. If you don't want to play with starter balls, or free leftover balls from your bag, or you don't want to play for them at all, that's up to you.

RSS