Forums

Help › Forums

Goals & Achievements - Live on all platforms

Fri, Mar 31 2023 9:13 PM (258 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2022 8:08 AM

Be sure to tune in next week for a new episode of....

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2022 8:15 AM

pmm711:

^^^^ 2 memes that size things up nicely

The forum can go and people will get over it without much fanfare.  Champ and Nico can still get PM'd or hit up directly on Discord.  Discord allows for PMs too.  The Community Tourneys can also be setup and tracked on Discord or via some other means.  WGT can't police and monitor both areas due to bandwidth.  

If you need a social outlet pertaining to WGT use their FB page.  Yes, there is one of those..and with 4 groups you can join.  Here's the link for those who can't do that for themselves either. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=wgt 

Again...just my feelings...but feel free and don't forget to bash me as you wish.  Only a bullet can penetrate my skin.  It's the Philly in me.

I dont think the forums will or should go away, anyone who does has the choice to log in or not and the choice to post/respond or not.

Discord is not intuitive at all- and most older folks will have a hard time navigating it IMO.

And IMO- The search is also tough to use, you find a thread that is 30 pages long and no idea where the answer to your question is in those 30 pages.

Facebook? really? You think this forum is bad....

Not every response or everyone trying to banter with you is someone bashing anything....Were not curing cancer here- dont have to take it quite that serious. 

BTW- I am originally from Baltimore...

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2022 8:49 AM

PureGro1:

Hey, watch it.  I dated Vince's niece back in the day as we graduated together.  She liked going to the Phillies' games more than the Birds.  Bad choice to have Marky Mark play him.  And btw...I grew up in Philly as a Redskins' fan as I was a waterboy for them in the preseason.  Jurgensen, Kilmer, Taylor, Brown, Hanburger, George Allen...those were better days than even the forum glory years.

You missed where I said the forum will never end.  The devs can't get to what they need to, let alone 404-ing the forum.  

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2022 9:24 AM

Back to the topic of this thread.  I fully realize that the Daily Goals can be achieved by using rock balls.  (Well, at least most of them.  I'm not too good at getting eagles with rock balls, since I don't have fmagnets' talent.)  And yes, I ignore the goals I don't like (primarily the coin room ones, since I hate coin rooms). 

But that's not the way G&A is designed.  The design elements of G&A (lock boxes over 2/3 of the daily rewards with a big green UPGRADE TO UNLOCK REWARDS button, ding-ding-ding sounds like slot machines when you earn stars, etc.) are clearly meant to encourage people to spend more money on ball hits and paid memberships.  IMHO, G&A benefits WGT more than it does the player.  No wonder people like Nico and Champion are pushing it so hard, both here and on Discord.

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2022 10:10 AM

I do rocks.

Always have . Didn't stop me becoming a champion .

Better things to spend my money on .

Sometimes i watch video's and then give the credits away .

I get these goal awards which are no good to me as i gave up coin games and showdowns .

Don't have discord on my laptop .

Don't do facebook .

I play in my country club tournaments like in the oldening days .

This page isn't available

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2022 11:44 AM

wow, is it week 2 already?

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2022 12:46 PM

HamdenPro:

Wow, is it week two already...

I believe we’re actually in Week 9.  I think you missed a few episodes…

S1 E1 The Real G&As: Gripes & Arguments

S1 E2 404 4U: How to Survive a 4M Disaster

S1 E3 Spayed & New Tiered: Discord or Not Discord…That Ain’t the Question

S1 E4 fMags vs fMarkieMarks: Free Rocks, Free Speech…What Me Worry?

S1 E5 Intuitive: Say What?

S1 E6 Canuck Logic: 4M 4Me LOL

S1 E7 ‘O sole Mio: Kont i C the Cost Benefit Analysis?

S1 E8 Cha-Ching-a-Change Management: Who Moved My Tees?

Yadda Yadda Yadda

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2022 4:19 AM

This weeks G&A, WGT is giving away 6 apparel boxes. Why, when the apparel boxes are not working.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2022 10:09 AM

callaghan159:

This weeks G&A, WGT is giving away 6 apparel boxes. Why, when the apparel boxes are not working.

I don’t think we all get the same rewards , either weekly or daily. 
    I have found my daily or weekly apparel goals work ok , it’s the  achievement apparel boxes that don’t work. 
    lesley  

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2022 10:59 AM

bossbird:

callaghan159:

I don’t think we all get the same rewards , either weekly or daily. 
    I have found my daily or weekly apparel goals work ok , it’s the  achievement apparel boxes that don’t work. 
    lesley  

I don't even think we all get the same  daily/weekly G&As...I think they're randomized but not sure.  I'm basing that on the posts people made about some goals and I hadn't even seen those yet...i.e.; Make a purchase.  I just saw that one for the first time yesterday.

RSS