Forums

Help › Forums

$200 million to join saudi tour .

Wed, Feb 15 2023 8:47 AM (140 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2022 11:52 PM

ct690911:

I wonder what he would have done if he were struggling financially, like John Daly. Apparently, big John has been begging for some LIV crumbs from Greg Norman.

I don’t know where you got the idea that Daly is struggling financially as he golfs regularly throughout the Orlando/Tampa area.  He’s been to the 2 clubs in Belleair, FL where we play and is a really generous guy.  I’m surprised LIV hasn’t offered him a deal though as he’s quite the character and still has a fan base.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2022 12:30 AM

ct690911:
    I suppose it's easier to take the "high road" in his case.

True that. I've also seen some rich people getting excessively greedy, though. Frankly speaking, I thought Tiger would definitely sign up for LIV, given his aggressive disposition that we frequently witnessed from his playing style.

pmm711:
    I’m surprised LIV hasn’t offered him a deal though as he’s quite the character and still has a fan base.

Probably because Saudis think Daly is too "clownish" making the circus look even more like a circus.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2022 7:18 AM

ct690911:
    Hmm. Tiger is set for a dozen lifetimes. I suppose it's easier to take the "high road" in his case.

Think about it deeper, He knows that w/o a PGA- He would have never became a golfer. Do you really think they would or would we want the Saudis sponsoring/teaching kids Golf? 

• MojosMojo
    104 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2022 9:20 AM

Lol, have you got a good look at those teaching our kids now? What they are “teaching”?

Saudis teaching golf to kids is the wholesome alternative. 

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2022 12:57 PM

Phil Mickelson and Ian Poulter are among 11 LIV Golf players who have filed a lawsuit against the PGA Tour in order to challenge their suspensions.

The PGA Tour has suspended all of its members who have signed up to the controversial Saudi-backed LIV series, which is in its inaugural season.

The 2020 US Open champion Bryson DeChambeau has also put his name to the anti-trust lawsuit.

The group argue that the PGA Tour is trying to harm their careers..

Hustling Pay Day GIF

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2022 12:58 PM

Pay Day Money GIF

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2022 1:04 PM

craigswan:

Hmmmmm... The PGA Tour did strictly warn them not only once but multiple times, didn't they?

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2022 2:46 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

craigswan:

Hmmmmm... The PGA Tour did strictly warn them not only once but multiple times, didn't they?

The PGA won't let me play on the tour, either.  I wonder if I should join the lawsuit?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2022 3:05 PM

ct690911:
    The PGA won't let me play on the tour, either.  I wonder if I should join the lawsuit?

😂🤣😂🤣 You should, ct.

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2022 3:09 PM

champs only ct .

RSS