Help › Forums

$200 million to join saudi tour .

Wed, Feb 15 2023 8:47 AM (140 replies)
  • MojosMojo
    104 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2022 7:01 AM

pmm711:

Now Bubba…

What’s that song by Karen Carpenter?  Oh yeah, “We’ve only just begun”.  The PGA Tour is going to lose this battle.  LMFAO

They already have.

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 12:02 PM

Henrik Stenson won on his LIV Golf debut as he claimed victory in the third event of the breakaway series held in Bedminster, New Jersey.

The Swede was stripped of the European team's Ryder Cup captaincy for joining the Saudi Arabian-backed circuit.

Stenson won the 54-hole tournament by two shots, taking the £3.28m first prize, after three rounds of 64, 69 and 69 put him on 11 under par.

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 12:03 PM

Tiger Woods turned down in the region of $700m to $800m to join the new Saudi-backed LIV Golf Series, says chief executive Greg Norman.

A host of top players have joined the breakaway tour, which Woods said at last month's Open he disagreed with.

In an interview with Fox News' Tucker Carlson, Norman confirmed the 15-time major champion was offered about £575m to £650m to join LIV.

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 12:05 PM

Two-time Masters winner Bubba Watson is the latest high-profile golfer to sign up with LIV Golf.

The American, 43, is currently recovering from a knee injury and will debut with the controversial Saudi-backed series in September.

The former world number two will be an off-course captain for the fourth event in the inaugural series in Boston.

Now ranked 86 in the world, Watson has 14 career wins but not played since the US PGA Championship in May..

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 12:16 PM

The teams . And captains .

niblicks . h . swafford .

fireballs . s . garcia .

hy flyers .p . michelson .

punch .  w . ormsby .

smash . b koepka .

cleeks . m . kaymer .

4 aces .d johnson .

torque .h . tanihara .

majestics . l . westwood .

crushers . dechameau .

stingers .  l . oosthuizen .

iron heads . kevin na .

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 12:36 PM

Coming to a golf course near you .

Everyone making jokes about very ironic LIV Golf performer

• thepack52
    219 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2022 4:13 PM

I certainly hope not, disrespectful idiots

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2022 6:29 PM

Daly begged and Norman refused. Daly has a following and he probably could have got those fan ticket prices up off the $1 figure at Bedminster. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2022 6:48 PM

To be honest, I was never a huge fan of Tiger Woods since his emergence. After reading this article, however, my perspective and opinion on him have changed.

I don't know (and don't care) about his personal life, but in terms of his dignity & professionalism, he IS quite respectable, I've got to admit that.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2022 11:28 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

To be honest, I was never a huge fan of Tiger Woods since his emergence. After reading this article, however, my perspective and opinion on him have changed.

I don't know (and don't care) about his personal life, but in terms of his dignity & professionalism, he IS quite respectable, I've got to admit that.

Hmm. Tiger is set for a dozen lifetimes. I suppose it's easier to take the "high road" in his case. I wonder what he would have done if he were struggling financially, like John Daly. Apparently, big John has been begging for some LIV crumbs from Greg Norman.

RSS