Forums

Help › Forums

HOPERMAN TO THE RESCUE

Thu, Apr 18 2024 8:52 AM (311 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2022 1:17 PM

Well, now that all that is settled, we can move on and await the next issue chronicling Hoperman's rise to Superhero status.

In the meantime, I will be featuring "DRAMA - REAL LIFE" more frequently, in between publication of the comic book series.

Thanks!

EDIT: I sincerely appreciate everyone's cooperation, and assistance in making repairs. I could not have made all the fixes myself and Hoperman is too busy helping out those members who are worse off than me (at the moment).

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2022 3:53 PM

Remember, if the pictures are too small, just click to enlarge.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2022 6:45 PM

LOL Good job, Steff.

It's not for nothing the majority of pro gamers use wired mouse & keyboard. When I said this years ago, there was an idiot saying "I disagree. My wireless mouse works perfectly fine." and then "I can't DING any longer. This game is rigged!" in another thread. LMAO

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 4:38 AM

Good advice Hoperman.  I have to admit I've been using a wireless mouse for many years now, and yes I get those times when I click and either nothing happens, or the click registers some time after the actual click, potentially resulting in a lost ball.

But I have a "There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza" type of question.  If I throw my wired mouse at the wall...?  You see where I'm going with this?  No?  Well ok... if I throw my wired mouse at the wall... the mouse will break, the USB cable would be yanked out of it's slot, potentially damaging either or both of the male and/or female connectors, and also potentially damaging the ever so fragile wiring, not to mention even maybe damaging the motherboard.

Ok, I guess it's not a "There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza" type of question, but it felt like it may have been when I first thought of the scenario.  So...

• do I sue Hoperman for advice that potentially causes damage to my laptop?
    • do I sue WGT for losing me a ball when it wasn't my fault?
    • can I sue Hoperman against WGT (and I get the end-prize)?
    • does Hoperman need to get himself a lawyer?
    • do I need to get myself a lawyer?
    • do WGT need to get themselves a lawyer?
    • do I need to get myself a new mouse?  And if so, wired or wireless?  (Think carefully before you answer!).
    For answers to these and many more questions, tune in next week, same Hoperman time, same Hoperman channel.

PS  I was initially going to say...  these, and many more questions, will be answered in next week's episode of... Soap.  And talking of Soap, who remembers this...

This is the story of 2 sisters, Jessica Tate and Mary Campbell.  These are the Tates (imagine the Tate family on the screen), and these are the Campbells (the Campbell family on the screen).  And this is... Soap (both families on the screen... and they start squabbling).  One of the best sitcoms of the late 70's and early 80's, airing at around 10pm on a Friday night I think in the UK.  The actors were all hilarious, but for me Benson (the Tate's butler) was the funniest of the lot.  And if you remember, Burt Campbell had a very similar alien-abduction experience to our own YancyCan.  They don't make programmes like that any more  :)
  • HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 8:08 AM

Yes.  I remember SOAP very well.  It was quite popular in Canada.  Benson was unknown when he started playing the butler but become famous after Soap.  His name was Robert Guillaume.  He passed away in 2017 at the age of 89.

Other famous people from that show were:  Billy Crystal, Robert Mandan, and of course the famous John Byner.  Crystal and Byner are still alive today.

Great entertainment for the 70's and 80's for sure.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 8:14 AM

Merely an observation...things that make you go "hmmmmmmmm"...

An anagram of HamdenPro is...

D' Hoperman

as in "The Hoperman"

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 8:24 AM

pmm711:

D' Hoperman

as in "The Hoperman"

Maybe an alter ego?

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 8:41 AM

pmm711:
    Merely an observation...things that make you go "hmmmmmmmm"..

ct690911:
    Maybe an alter ego?

pfffft...

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 9:03 AM

MioKontic:

if I throw my wired mouse at the wall...

Just be thankful it's not a ps2 mouse as those connectors on located on the back.  USB are designed to be hot swapped.   Usually there are usb connections on the front, hope you are using those when chucking the mouse towards the wall.  Unsure where they might be on a laptop.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 11:47 AM

ct690911:

pmm711:

D' Hoperman

as in "The Hoperman"

Maybe an alter ego?

It's definitely a possibility.  Scott is ALWAYS so nice he needed to become a multi to let go of some steam.

HamdenPro:

pmm711:
    Merely an observation...things that make you go "hmmmmmmmm"..

ct690911:
    Maybe an alter ego?

pfffft...

My point exactly...

Scott would NEVER say pfffft to anyone...BUT...his alter ego would.  HMMMMMMM

RSS