Forums

Help › Forums

What Happened to the 2 Big Monthly's!?

Thu, Feb 10 2022 4:34 PM (205 replies)
  • JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 4:14 PM

MioKontic Why is that funny? Has someone from Cobra Kai offended you in some way?  

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 4:20 PM

WGTNico:
    Feel free to message me with ideas whenever (I prefer PMs as they're easier for me to keep track of and take notes with) and I do relay them so they get heard regarding all things within the game.

Thanks for the offer - I have been trying to dig / shovel us out from this last storm - so more important things than just golf.  I did send a FR and noticed you got it.  

When things calm down and I have time - can try to share a few thoughts.

Appreciate your checking in - hope everyone is safe, warm, and still has power or a place to go if not.  I think the worst is past us for now.  

Thanks again Nico.

• BPeterson8256
    2,909 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 4:30 PM

JSmithers:

You are acting like the players for the big tourneys are being greedy because they enjoyed a tiny fraction of what is available to play.  

I am not sure what his exact perspective is, but here is mine. I have no issue with a huge payout to the Top 3. My issue is that it was taking place in a format that only had a fraction of a percent of all the really good players playing. That doesn't seem like much of a "competition". And it certainly didn't seem to warrant the huge payout.

Perhaps having a huge Top 3 payout with no entry fee and no tier breakdown would be a solution. Combining all the tiers and dropping the entry fee would not only be credit cost effective for WGT (compared to how it was), but then you would have a real competition where you may get hundreds or thousands playing. If it is multi-round, add the incentive of a couple random drawings for finishers to get players to play all the way through.

If you want to have an elite tournament, you have to have more of the best players playing. There are literally hundreds of players that would have a chance. It takes a near perfect round and there are hundreds capable. That is not a dig at the elite. I am sure all the familiar names would always be near the top.

• SamSpayed
    4,913 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 5:52 PM

JSmithers:
    I don't understand why we need 102 of the same type of tournaments.  You are acting like the players for the big tourneys are being greedy because they enjoyed a tiny fraction of what is available to play.

I agree with you on that point, Josh.  100 tournaments of the same type is plenty.  We don't need 102.

I think if you had replied to your director's original post with a detailed suggestion of what 2 additional tournaments you'd like to see, instead of just "Following" his whiny rant about reduced payouts, we could have avoided a lot of the animosity in this thread.  My suggestion on page 7 of this thread is an attempt to do just that, and I see others have chimed in with proposed solutions now as well.

• xAmazingTrace
    122 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 6:16 PM

A lot of animosity could have been avoided if you didn't come into the thread firing shots and actually offered some reasonable suggestions before page 7. Instead you chose this opportunity to vent your own animosity towards those in our club. Again, you might want to get that under control if you want to actually discuss a topic and not argue endlessly. 

• MattSutherland
    121 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 6:47 PM

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 6:56 PM

Miokinotic your assumption is incorrect about my spend on this game. I have easily dropped a few hundred dollars of real cash in the game in the past year.  Many that have attacked us being upset about lowering the purse, are the same ones that get their credits by partaking in watching videos through bots.  We all have ways of earning credits, some are by being good at games and winning.  Others earn credits by being good with vox or blue stacks.  I have no issues with guys doing it, though it seems that Tapjoy doesn't pay out offers if they know it is being used. 

Calling us cheats and using a country club name to associate us with cheaters is a mistake.  We have some great people in this country club and if you ever had the opportunity to meet us you would find that out as well.  Most of us have friends in many different country clubs.  The personal digs that have come from this is most disappointing.  As many come to express an opinion yet fail to mention they do not even play in the tournaments. 

I personally excited that we have WGTNico as community representative and hope that he can get the ear of the people at the top.  My hope is this game will grow this year and they can get back to the height of this game.  As I know that the PC side of this game has experienced some slowing since the end of Flash. 

One suggestion to Nico would be to move the forums to the app and mobile version so it is integrated as one.  Seems there is no reason for the web version as my only reason to come to the site is for the forums.  Which is only used by older and longtime players of the game.  I imagine the number of people on this forum that post is less than the people that play the monthly tournaments.  The forums would be better with a balance of mobile players and old-time players.

• SamSpayed
    4,913 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 10:50 PM

xAmazingTrace:
    A lot of animosity could have been avoided if you didn't come into the thread firing shots and actually offered some reasonable suggestions before page 7.

It could also have been avoided if you had offered some reasonable suggestions in your OP.  Feel free to start doing that at any time, Ryan.  The thread is still open 😏

• carlosdev
    2,533 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 12:49 AM

Hopefully WGT will revert back to its original payout form.

It was a nice set up to have a go at it. Everyone had equal opportunity to win it as well. Seen loads of different people winning it over the years. So the consistency of any particular player robbing it never existed. In fact it was a big relief to so many players (non famous leaderboards) who had little time to play all Rgo's and Weekly ones. 

:) :) 

• xAmazingTrace
    122 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 4:38 AM

SamSpayed:

It could also have been avoided if you had offered some reasonable suggestions in your OP.  Feel free to start doing that at any time, Ryan.  The thread is still open 😏

My OP was a knee jerk reaction to waking up and seeing the 2 premium tourneys watered down to match all the other ones. I didn't give it time to process before I posted my complaint. But in the end, that's what it was, and still is. A complaint about a change that didn't seem necessary. If they were concerned about an overlay in what they were paying out, then that's and easy fix. Make the prize pool grow per how many entrants. Just like a poker tournament. But the need to pay out 70 places takes the prestige out of it. They were set apart for a reason, as many people have stated. 

But what my OP didn't do, was fire shots at any players and start any trouble. And then come back and complain about the direction this thread has taken. You are a forum vet. You should have some experience with this. I was done with it, until I saw your last dig at Josh, as if this was all his fault. You came in here firing shots. Own it! If you regret it, great! Then just say that and move on. You and others have posted some great suggestions. Let's leave it at that. 

We now have a community manager that seems to actually give a crap about the things we are suggesting. He reached out on this. Let's take the win and move on. 

RSS