Forums

Help › Forums

What Happened to the 2 Big Monthly's!?

Thu, Feb 10 2022 4:34 PM (205 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 8:10 AM

PureGro1:
    This thread has shown you something.... I personally at this point would embrace it and work hard to sow that hate.

Well done.

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 8:31 AM

PureGro1:

The fact that every time they read your clubs name they have flashbacks to poor Daniel in 1985 and how he was treated- and that they associate that with you and your club is hilarious at this point.

That’s truly unfortunate. The “dirty secret” of the Karate Kid is Daniel is the real bully and cheat.

True story. Google it and see if I’m not telling the truth. 😉

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 8:47 AM

DodgyPutter:

PureGro1:
    This thread has shown you something.... I personally at this point would embrace it and work hard to sow that hate.

Well done.

I hope one day my club can inspire this kind of hate, You have to be doing something very right to get people this riled up over a name.

Seriously, equating people to a club name to a movie from 1985 is very close to spinning records backwards in a church basement listening for satanic messages.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 8:54 AM

PureGro1:

I hope one day my club can inspire this kind of hate, You have to be doing something very right to get people this riled up over a name.

Seriously, equating people to a club name to a movie from 1985 is very close to spinning records backwards in a church basement listening for satanic messages.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, I've not seen the film nor taken the drugs it seems you have.   

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 9:07 AM

DodgyPutter:
    I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, I've not seen the film nor taken the drugs it seems you have. 

LOL, When in doubt insult someone- this makes your opinions much weightier... 

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 9:19 AM

PureGro1:

DodgyPutter:

LOL, When in doubt insult someone- this makes your opinions much weightier... 

PureGro1 agree or be chastised.  Only two options in the WGT forums of doom.  Time to go play some rounds with the demons at CK.  

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 9:22 AM

DodgyPutter:

JSmithers:

What I'm gathering is a movie made decades ago about a karate tournament has painted our CC in a bad light and "the lot" make assumptions about people they don't know.  Understand. Thank you for clearing that up. Have a wonderful day and hit em straightish

and thank you for showing why I wont answer your question. :-) 

Did I miss something?  Felt like my assessment of Mia was fairly spot on.  I didn't even know Mia before this thread so maybe I'm missing something

• Ketket1
    6,893 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 9:27 AM

This thread has reminded me of why I don't often look at WGT threads and why i respond even less. 

The very first post was somone stating their opinion on why 2 events per month changed. Agree or not it was someones opinion. The denigrating, the vitriol, the anger, the mis-interpretation of what was subsequently said defies belief. There have been many well-balanced responses over the past few days but they get lost in the sea of anger and people trying to get one-up on others. 

Cobta Kai seem to have become a target. They are big enough to defend themselves and don't need my support but seriously, WTF have they done to earn this hatred. Maybe I have missed something but I know one of the CK players very well, as a man of real integrity, and he wouldn't be part of any club that didn't have integrity. I don't know the others for squat but lets all be honest and realistic - this is a game. A game where the Owner (WGT, TopGolf or whoever it may be) aims to make as much money as possible. We all choose to play it under the conditions the Owner sets. If we don't like those conditions then leave. 

As for the original thread and the change to the top 2 events and the prize payouts. I understand why WGT did it, to try and get more people involved in these events. But I think their logic is flawed. There are already more than enough events for EVERY tier in WGT to play in. As well as their major events there's 20-30 brackets or Ready Go's on at any time. No one, regardless of Tier, is empty handed looking for en event to play in. And if they are good enough there is plenty of opportunity to win credits.

Personally, I like the idea of an event that pays big credits to the elite of this game (which I am not) . All of us "mere mortal" average players can play other events but for the elite (Young46, ECC, fmagnets, sebicu etc - apologies for missing many out) there should be an event where they are challenged and pushed every round by players of similar quality. The reality is these guys will only get involved and battle it out if they are playing against their peers. They are already excellent at this game. Playing against the likes of me (and most others who have posted here) won't challenge them, won't improve them., Their improvement only comes against the best. 

I'm pretty sure the credits aren't at top of mind for these guys. What can they do with them. They have the best gear so all they can do is buy balls. 

BUT, as owner of a club, I will say that these guys add a lot of value to my members. We are a decent club with some pretty good players. But a lot of our members watch the likes of Young46 on YouTube and learn from him and that makes our club a better place. 

For me, one of the biggest take-aways from this thread is the need for WGT to be more consulative. Instead of making changes unilaterally they should consult the members. I know they can't consult every single menber but a panel of members, respresenting the very best players to the starters, would at least be a starting point to get a blend of opinions on what matters most.

I am sure when i wake up tomorrow I will see responses that are abusive to what I have said. Either through normal angriness or mis understanding of my written words. I have tried to be balanced. I have tried not to pre judge anyone or any club. 

This is just a game. A game that provides many people with a lot of enjoyment. Things happen that we don't always enjoy (like almost every single update bringing a new UI to the game)  but seriously, this vitriol, this anger, this mis interpretation of what people say, the subtle and not so subtle attackes on people and clubs, has to stop. I am niave. Yes i probably am to think that it will stop. 

But you must seriously question yourself if you partake in this ongoing infusion of discontent. Why are you here. I'm here to have fun and find a way to relieve the boredom of many days. Everyone is my equal, whether they are Young46 or a new Hack. 

Sorry, I digressed off the

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 9:35 AM

I have to chime in on this. I'm  just now coming back to WGT, and am I to understand that a CC is being judged to a movie about a dojo? 

You hear the name Cobra Kia and you have flash backs of Danial getting his ass kicked, ( remember Danial won the tournament ) I think it was the Crain attack...lol

I'm so confused.

• MioKontic
    4,599 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 9:51 AM

JS**ters (oh, did I get your name wrong? Maybe I need new glasses too)

Rather than turning around what I said into something I didn't say, why didn't you just explain why you created the CC with that name like I asked?  I gave you MY opinion as to why I thought your club was disliked, not everyone else's, but from a few comments I've seen it seems a few others think similar to me.  It wasn't that a movie painted your CC in a bad light, but the fact you created a CC name which just coincidentally(?) happened to be the same name as a bunch of cheats from a movie.

So, back to my question, tell us why you decided on that CC name?  And it would be nice to know what kind of reaction you were expecting to get with a CC of that name?

I did also notice that your initial question as to why 'everyone' disliked CK so much only came after Birchi's comments where he said "I don't give a *** about Cobra Kai and from the little I've seen or read outside the couple of their members I know, I probably wouldn't like most of them personally".  I guess it didn't bother you up to that point.

And finally, your assessment of me couldn't be further away if you tried!

RSS