Forums

Help › Forums

What Happened to the 2 Big Monthly's!?

Thu, Feb 10 2022 4:34 PM (205 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 11:00 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    A friendly reminder though seriously... You gotta do something about the CC name since it really sounds bad, somewhat dark & mafioso in the original language, not to mention that it reminds of the one from the movie you know which.

I was going to suggest "Sunshine and Joy" as their next CC name 🌞 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 11:19 PM

SamSpayed:
    I was going to suggest "Sunshine and Joy" as their next CC name 🌞 

How about CK and the Sunshine Band? This way, they keep the trace of its origin. 🤣🤣🤣

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 1:45 AM

SamSpayed:
    Personally, I haven't missed birchi or golfx3 one bit, and I doubt that many others who play WGT have either. 

I miss Simon being around here but wouldn't compare him to those discussed,  Organising  the Ryder cup, starting threads here to give stuff to players (no sign up or fee required) etc.  

And yes I did notice that he regrets the format of this tournament changing.

I did try to help with that, suggesting more than once that you concentrate on getting a new tournament.  There is no way wgt will change this one back if the numbers entering it go up.

It's going to be quite a test for you guys, 4,500c is much better than you'd get in a 200c rg but if you really want this to go back then entering it certainly isn't going to help.   

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 1:49 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    How about CK and the Sunshine Band? This way, they keep the trace of its origin.

Sorry all, I've not been able to get this out of my head since Schmails3 used the term, I'm not really expecting a great reception but it is an attempt at humour.  You know the dot counting, same spreadsheet, etc.......(that is only sensible and maybe I would play better if I put the "work" in that they did. + whatever-- just to save someone the bother) how about Cookie Kutters?  

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 2:05 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Been reading the whole thread here and... the OP (along with the folks from the same turf chiming in mostly) are whining, no sorry... complaining essentially because "their" potential credits have been dramatically reduced overnight. Don't come up with that "No, this is about the passion for competition or love for the game or making the game better for everyone" BS now. You and I know it's not true. I hope you can admit that much at least.

Makes me wonder... Why do you take winning credits so seriously?? Especially now that Amazon gift cards are gone 86 since March 2020 and there is no tangible way to convert them into real cash value.

Hi Simon, hope you're well :) My post is not directed at you personally by the way, you're as good as anyone in WGT, so it doesn't really apply, but the quote is a good starting point.

I'll try to get this thread back on track one last time, as someone from WGT actually reads it and I seem to be one of the few Non-Cobra-Kai-members that voiced unhappiness with the change. To me, these tournaments we're talking about here (or were talking about initially) are not about the credits. They were a great competition where you had to bring your absolute A-game because they are rare (once a month), so most top players give it a try, are single play and only paid out the top 3, so you better play a near-perfect round with the one chance you get. If you played as much as the people playing in these events and are willing to pay the fee, that's just a nice change of pace to literally every other tournament WGT offers in their regular rotation. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask these -- 2 tournaments per month -- to exist next to the hundreds of ready gos, weekly and monthly tournaments that have a much different setup and are therefore not as enticing for good players.

Different people like to play this game for different reasons. I've always mostly enjoyed the competitive side of things and trying to go up against the best in the game. You don't see me pontificating in threads that concern other areas and game modes like multiplayer games, clashes etc. because I have no interest in them, are not affected by them in any way and have no idea what's going on there. But all areas are equally important and our concerns are as valid as anyone's complaining in these threads. 

So I think it's a bit problematic to see people who were never interested in this particular area of the game and are not affected by it whatsoever, come in here claiming that our legitimate concerns are just an expression of greed or trying to blackmail WGT. I know that neither WGT nor any of you care whether or not I or anyone else plays this game on a regular basis. And even when credits were not as worthless as they are now, I probably gave away more of them to fund CC and community tournaments or organise some of my own or gift equipment to random people, than I ever cashed in on Amazon credit. Some of you are even hilariously playing the defender of a lazy company's profit margin despite that company never in 12 years coming up with even a slight improvement of its game's gameplay, very rarely adding new courses or anything of value really. Leave aside the fact that we are talking about an in-game-coin with no monetary value (yes, I realize it's a little more complicated than that), if you really want to make up a fance equation, just take a look at how many times some of the same players writing in this thread are grinding every silly unlimited qualifier (often with zero return), thus financing a 40k credits tournament a month dozens of times over. I think WGT's profits are fine either way.

I don't give a *** about Cobra Kai and from the little I've seen or read outside the couple of their members I know, I probably wouldn't like most of them personally, but the way their postings here have been either totally misconstrued or intentionally interpreted in the most uncharitable way possible, certainly got under my skin, when what they did (initially) was to argue for a very small portion of the game, --2 monthly tournaments -- to stay the same, so a very small portion of the player base has something to look forward to every month. 

I realize I've gotten quite off track myself again in the end there, but what the hell :)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 3:02 AM

Simon, I've always respected you not only for your playing skills but also (more for) your fine character. You've just demonstrated it once again.

Fair enough and totally understandable.

To be honest, as far as the two tournaments are concerned, I couldn't care less either way, dead or alive. What really irritated me was the way they were dealing and talking back to people who did not share the same view. Yeah, "piranha" was (is) the perfect description for them. And still I don't think they want the tourneys back for the same noble reason you have. 

Yeah, what the hell, Simon... Just great to see you around again, bro. 🤜

And Dodgy, 👍👍 for Cookie Kutters. 😁

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 3:06 AM

It's not two tournaments it's sixteen and the lofty claims made for it don't apply to fourteen of them.  If anyone wants to waste time trying to get it back at TC then fine but I think their efforts would be better directed elsewhere.  I would also suggest it being self funded as it's the competition, not the amount of the prize especially as it's credits, that's important to these players. 

birchi:
    Leave aside the fact that we are talking about an in-game-coin with no monetary value (yes, I realize it's a little more complicated than that), if you really want to make up a fance equation, just take a look at how many times some of the same players writing in this thread are grinding every silly unlimited qualifier (often with zero return), thus financing a 40k credits tournament a month dozens of times over. I think WGT's profits are fine either way.

I obviously don't know for sure but I actually can't think of even one person that that's likely to apply to :-/

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 3:14 AM

@Birchi;

I am off point, but would like to acknowledge the tremendous command of the English language shown by you, Paul Alosso, Yiannis (and many others) who consider it a secondary language. English is my first language (and then a little French) and I work hard to make my posts clear and concise. 

Many who consider English their first language could (and should) learn from you folks and take the time to check spelling, grammar, context, etc.

Very well penned, sir.

ct

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 3:57 AM

Might be slightly off topic but why all the dislike for players in Cobra Kai?  

Is it just blind dislike or has someone offended you?  I'm confused at how many people dislike people they don't know or know anything about.  

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 4:03 AM

Please be specific and don't hold back because I'm left scratching my head on this. 

RSS