Forums

Help › Forums

Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 10:58 PM

PureGro1:
    I know a guy from the DC Metro area who pre- 9/11 shot a ton of fireworks off in a flight path near BWI Airport, They may still be looking for this guy....

Hmmm.  Did his name happen to rhyme with "Nikon" by any chance?

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2022 4:24 AM

MioKontic:

I was playing Merion a little while ago, and on the 4th hole, back pin, I put my approach just over 3ft to the right of the pin.  Ready to putt, I changed my camera to rear view (behind the hole).  Unfortunately I was concentrating on my putt, so didn't immediately notice a yellow object partly obscured by the minimap on the right.  The object looked like a yellow ball, about 2/3rds of it showing just under the minimap.  Because I had already pulled the meter I didn't get a chance to take a screenshot.  I ended the round and decided to go back to find it again.  Unfortunately on the 1st attempt I got the front pin, but for the 2nd attempt I played a practice round and chose Easy Pins.  I got to the 4th and it was the back pin.  I put my approach to the right of the pin, and no matter where I tapped the ball to in that same area (taking many mulligans) I could not find the phantom yellow ball.

Has anyone else seen this?  I wonder if I might see it again if I moved the minimap to be on the left?  It's getting late now, so I might have another go at it tomorrow.

Having spent some more time to the right of the pin (between 3-6ft and slightly downhill) I was not able to locate the mystery ball/object.  I have decided to give up the search, but if I ever do come across it again I'll try get a screenshot.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2022 5:44 AM

MioKontic:
    I was not able to locate the mystery ball/object. 

Back in the days of Flash... was this the object you are refering too?

Don

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2022 3:42 PM

TopShelf2010:

MioKontic:
    I was not able to locate the mystery ball/object. 

Back in the days of Flash... was this the object you are refering too?

Don

Yes, it was exactly that.  I was wrong, it was under the camera, not the minimap.  I've never seen it before, but it looks like a ball?  Where did you see it?

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2022 3:54 PM

Your "found ball" looks a lot like the one I had shown before. I think it is a left over from the days when a member could pick up a random ball, but was not able to use it.

Y

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2022 7:53 PM

HamdenPro:

There's 2 yellow objects in this zoom...the one you arrowed and one to the left.

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2022 8:55 AM

HamdenPro:

I think that's a dandelion.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Apr 16 2022 11:42 AM

Happy Easter everyone.  Today is a great day to go for a Pinehurst egg hunt...1 on every hole. Don't forget the Easter Bunny, he/she is out there!! If you need some hints, I HOPE someone has a link on their profile page...

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Apr 16 2022 11:50 AM

SamSpayed:

HamdenPro:

I think that's a dandelion.

Nah...it's a yellow Bangladeshi horn-toad frog...pfffft

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Apr 16 2022 1:13 PM

ct690911:

SamSpayed: