Forums

Help › Forums

Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2022 4:25 PM

Yiannis1970:
    If you watch the video carefully, you will see it was there will we were spinning and disappeared as the clock started the countdown...

It does look like a hot air  balloon. When did you take this video? This is very interesting stuff...

Thanks. A perfect addition to this thread . Now, we just have to figure out what this is and does it re-occur.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2022 4:38 PM

HamdenPro:
    Now, we just have to figure out what this is and does it re-occur.

My guess it was Icon leaving the scene in grand style.

Don

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2022 7:24 AM

TopShelf2010:
    Looks almost like a hot air balloon

TopShelf2010:
    My guess it was Icon leaving the scene in grand style.

I believe you are both right. 

First, I enlarged the picture a few times and noticed that it was definitely a balloon with a basket. Then I notice something in the basket. Finally, I held my binoculars up to the screen and got a clear shot.  See below:

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2022 7:40 AM

I knew he was getting high!

• LeftyMcGee7
    449 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2022 9:47 AM

In 2003, I think, I saw Scott Peterson get arrested in the parkin lot at Torrey Pines.

Does that count?

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2022 10:59 AM

LeftyMcGee7:
    I saw Scott Peterson get arrested in the parkin lot at Torrey Pines

"On April 18, 2003, Peterson’s freedom ended. He was arrested on Callan Road, where it intersects with Torrey Pines Road and leads directly into the Torrey Pines Lodge and the golf course parking lot." (from GolfDigest.com)

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 6:35 AM

HamdenPro:

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 3:39 PM

You actually do need a license to fly a hot air balloon.

https://outdoortroop.com/how-to-become-a-licensed-hot-air-balloon-pilot-in-the-united-states/

The FAA would be the balloon cops.  You really don't want to mess with the FAA 🎈

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 5:03 PM

I was playing Merion a little while ago, and on the 4th hole, back pin, I put my approach just over 3ft to the right of the pin.  Ready to putt, I changed my camera to rear view (behind the hole).  Unfortunately I was concentrating on my putt, so didn't immediately notice a yellow object partly obscured by the minimap on the right.  The object looked like a yellow ball, about 2/3rds of it showing just under the minimap.  Because I had already pulled the meter I didn't get a chance to take a screenshot.  I ended the round and decided to go back to find it again.  Unfortunately on the 1st attempt I got the front pin, but for the 2nd attempt I played a practice round and chose Easy Pins.  I got to the 4th and it was the back pin.  I put my approach to the right of the pin, and no matter where I tapped the ball to in that same area (taking many mulligans) I could not find the phantom yellow ball.

Has anyone else seen this?  I wonder if I might see it again if I moved the minimap to be on the left?  It's getting late now, so I might have another go at it tomorrow.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 6:16 PM

SamSpayed:
    The FAA would be the balloon cops.  You really don't want to mess with the FAA 🎈

I know a guy from the DC Metro area who pre- 9/11 shot a ton of fireworks off in a flight path near BWI Airport, They may still be looking for this guy....

RSS