Help › Forums

Promoting to Champion tier

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 13 2022 9:50 PM (20 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 7:32 AM

pmm711:

Whatever the secret recipe is, the mobile players have a much easier road than we had, that's for damn sure.

While getting through the 500 ranked rounds + the average requirement at Legend tier (to get to Tour Legend) used to be a tough grind, it also used to be easy to sail through TL and get to Champion.Saturation used to be 200 rounds at TL.

For example, it took me 2 years to move from Legend to TL but only 4 months to go from TL to Champion. Additionally, my current average is still calculated on 200 rounds rather than the new saturation number, which I believe is 1,000 rounds for Champion.

I think the players who really have a legitimate complaint are those who play ranked rounds and have to endure the newer saturation numbers of 750 rounds (TL) and 1,000 rounds (Champion). Those numbers are borderline punitive (IMO).

Maybe that's WGT plan. It could be they are purposely disincentivizing ranked rounds to move players to coin rooms. 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 8:33 AM

My take on all this , is that we all play what we want to play , or , why bother playing at all !

My reason for playing this game may not be the same as someone else. 
    For me , the tier or the level don’t matter at all , I was around when XP’s were enhanced , I didn’t even know , I just played , but today without those workarounds , it takes longer to get loads of XP’s , and I for one really don’t care. All I want is to be seen to be a reasonable player , a decent person and someone who is here to get some light relief. I imagine a lot of people are just the same

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 9:18 AM

Personally, It bothers me less when I see someone's play exceed their tier than it does when I play Champions and Tour Champions who play well below their tier. 

I honestly think many playing at C and TC tiers expect to win vs all other tiers, when many of them should have never went above legend. I find I play against many more "Paper" champs than I do against anyone sandbagging on purpose. 

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 12:01 PM

el3n1:

If you can collect a wider range of people who are confident coin room play was the determining factor and  then piece together their playing frequency, room participation, coin earnings etc, you could get a better picture of the criteria wgt is using.  Right now, we can only loosely speculate at what some of those factors are.

Some of the TW crazy clubs likely have a fair number of coin room promos start there.

@tanneralis, I would suggest also asking Mythanatos how he did it.  I believe he's stated here in the Forums that he got promoted from TL to Champion after only 60-something ranked rounds... but he plays an awful lot of high-end coin rooms.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 12:21 PM

SamSpayed:
    @tanneralis, I would suggest also asking Mythanatos how he did it.  I believe he's stated here in the Forums that he got promoted from TL to Champion after only 60-something ranked rounds... but he plays an awful lot of high-end coin rooms.

Thanks. as it happens i had 69 RRs between TL and Champion.

As to how i have several guesses. But also as ed above said. It's just one data point so It's very inconclusive.

guess 1: level 113 and  having 1 billion coins combination.

guess 2: winning a certain number of coin games against your tier and higher.

guess 3: winning a certain number of coins against your tier and higher.

• tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 3:54 PM

Let me clarify the main purpose of my post...I just want to know the average you need and the amount of ranked rounds required to get to Champion...a friend of mine is 60.02 and asked if Champion was getting under 60...it's been so long since I got there I couldn't remember...

As for coin game players...being able to get to legend and beyond without playing a ranked round amazes me...I've seen legends with an average of 150...I don't get that at all.

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 4:56 PM
    • When you have played at least 500 ranked rounds as Legend - and your average score is equal to or lower than 60.00 you go from Legend to Tour Legend.  Average re-sets.
    • When you have played at least 750 ranked rounds as TL - and your average score is equal to or lower than 59.00 you go from Tour Legend to Champion.  Average re-sets.
    • When you have played at least 200 ranked rounds as Champion - and your average score is equal to or lower than 55.00 you go from Champion to Tour Champion.  Average re-sets.
    • When you have played 200 ranked rounds as TC, you saturate at Tour Champion, meaning your average will not go up, even with a bad round.
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 5:01 PM

AlaskanDame:
    When you have played at least 200 ranked rounds as Champion - and your average score is equal to or lower than 55.00 you go from Champion to Tour Champion.  Average re-sets.

After they opened up the Tour Champion tier a  while back, they increased the saturation for Champion. It is now 1,000 ranked rounds and not 200 rounds.

The exception, however, is for players who were already Champion. Their saturation remained 200 rounds.

I believe saturation for Tour Champion is also 1,000 rounds.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 7:49 PM

Robert1893:
    After they opened up the Tour Champion tier a  while back, they increased the saturation for Champion. It is now 1,000 ranked rounds and not 200 rounds.

This is correct i believe, I have well over 200 and am not saturated yet.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 9:39 PM

PureGro1:
    This is correct i believe, I have well over 200 and am not saturated yet.

Same.  SimonTheBeetle posted a chart showing confirmation that it's now 1,000 ranked rounds.  

CHART HERE

Been that way for at least a couple years.

RSS