Help › Forums

Promoting to Champion tier

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 13 2022 9:50 PM (20 replies)
  • tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:42 PM

Hi all, 

Now that coin game players can go up through the tiers without playing ranked rounds what is the criteria to go from Tour Legend to Champion ? 

Thanks in advance 

Greg

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:54 PM

I only know of a few examples which is far too small a sample to go by. 

If you can collect a wider range of people who are confident coin room play was the determining factor and  then piece together their playing frequency, room participation, coin earmings etc, you could get a better picture of the criteria wgt is using.  Right now, we can only loosely speculate at what some of those factors are.

Some of the TW crazy clubs likely have a fair number of coin room promos start there.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 7:43 PM

There isn't a published criteria or quota. I imagine there's bonus pts for beating a higher tiered player. I played nothing but coins games from Aug to Dec and went from Pro to Legend. I averaged between 400-500 matches per month winning between 60 and 70%.

Since becoming Legend a few weeks ago, I don't feel any promotion coming soon. I'm playing more ranks rounds now with a better CC.  

tanneralis:

Hi all, 

Now that coin game players can go up through the tiers without playing ranked rounds what is the criteria to go from Tour Legend to Champion ? 

Thanks in advance 

Greg

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 10:26 PM

+1!

It looks like Level + success in the mobile gaimes are key to tier promotion.

Alas, since WGT keeps a secret about the criteria and mobile players don't participate in these forums much, there are no agreed facts on that subject, even less concerning higher tiers.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 12:39 AM

Whatever the secret recipe is, the mobile players have a much easier road than we had, that's for damn sure.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 4:18 AM

pmm711:

Whatever the secret recipe is, the mobile players have a much easier road than we had, that's for damn sure.

Not all mobile players gain promotion via the coin rooms route , please don’t think all mobile players are the same .  Best not to make such general statements .

• golferguy2018
    362 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 5:22 AM

This is true. A few friends play mobile only and they are stuck at tour pro or master.( including myself. ) Tiers really don't  bother me.  My average is more important to me than the tier.

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 6:14 AM

HAHAHAHAHA.....

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 6:30 AM

bossbird:

pmm711:

Not all mobile players gain promotion via the coin rooms route , please don’t think all mobile players are the same .  Best not to make such general statements .

Come on Lesley...you know what I meant.  Years and years and rounds and rounds vs. merely being knighted by the queen.  At least that's what it seems like when you look at when some of these Champions started playing the game and what level they've reached...definitely shorter based on calendar days.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 6:59 AM

Come on Lesley...you know what I meant.  Years and years and rounds and rounds vs. being merely knighted by the queen.  At least that's what it seems like when you look at when some of these Champions started playing the game and what level they've reached...definitely shorter based on calendar days.

I must admit I was surprised by your comments , and hoped you were not saying we are all the same. But I get a little frustrated sometimes that more credit isnt given to mobile players who do the hard slog just like it was in the old days for PC players. We don’t all go for short cuts , infact we don’t all like coin games , I know I don’t . I would always rather play a 9 hole match. 
    I don’t think it really matters how someone gets up the tiers , if they are good they will win if they are bad and took short cuts they won’t.  

RSS