Forums

Help › Forums

ODDS, ENDS and OTHER THINGS..

Mon, Apr 29 2024 8:55 PM (1,175 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,419 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2023 9:51 AM

IamNicklaus:
    I think you might be referring to  " Talk less, say more " .......A wise mantra several people on here should adopt .

Agreed, but for some of us it takes a little longer to catch on. :)

Interestingly, both "less is more" and "talk less, say more" are different expressions. Nonetheless, I was thinking of your post "talk less, say more" and got it wrong. 

" less is more, (phrase of less) used to express the view that a minimalist approach to artistic or aesthetic matters is more effective.
    " (paren added)

"What does talk less say more mean? The idea is to lead people to action, and you do that by sounding confident, cutting out the shilly-shallying, bringing others along with you by bringing them in and allowing them to own the solution too, and by adjusting your energy to the appropriate level for the audience and the room"

(citations omitted)

• HamdenPro
    2,419 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2023 11:53 AM

Thanks Paul, appreciate the comments.

Hope you do not mind, but I saw this on sale this morning..

P.S. Intended for humor only. Not intended for any other purpose.

EDIT: Cliff Notes, in the USA, are a series of pamphlets with summaries and basic analyses of works of literature, intended as study aids. They are used often so students, who do not read required reading assignments, such as long novel, can read the Cliff Note version to save time and avoid having to read "War and Peace" in it's entirety.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2023 12:29 PM

I hope there's no hesitation, deviation or repetition.

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2023 12:43 PM

When I was younger, I used "Cliff Notes" instead of reading the articles in Playboy. 

...sayin'

• HamdenPro
    2,419 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2023 12:47 PM

ct690911:
    When I was younger, I used "Cliff Notes" instead of reading the articles in Playboy

From what my father told me, most people get Playboy strictly for the articles.

I am sure he would not lie to me.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2023 12:59 PM

ct690911:

When I was younger, I used "Cliff Notes" instead of reading the articles in Playboy. 

...sayin'

What do you do now?

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2023 1:40 PM

DodgyPutter:

ct690911:

...sayin'

What do you do now?

I read forum posts like this one...they don't have Cliff Notes for these...lol

• Zzyzx01
    1,251 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2023 4:52 PM

HamdenPro:

From what my father told me, most people get Playboy strictly for the articles.

I am sure he would not lie to me.

I always went to the Gahan Wilson cartoon first.

RSS