Forums

Help › Forums

ODDS, ENDS and OTHER THINGS..

Mon, Apr 29 2024 8:55 PM (1,175 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,419 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2023 6:51 AM

I was not intending on posting for a bit, was going to take a break as I find too much exposure to the threads may be harmful to mental health. I even went so far to stop having them forwarded to my email.  However, I received a PM which alerted me to the current discussion and felt compelled to speak for myself.

Yes, I had a conversation with Craig recently wherein I told him I did not care if he posted here and I see no reason why he should feel he cannot, or anyone else for that matter.

I never expressed an intention to "let it die" but did say I did not care if it did or did not.

The intention, when starting this thread, was to provide a place where anyone, and everyone, could find a place to post things that did not fit anywhere else without having to start a new thread, hence the name "ODDS, ENDS and OTHER THINGS". I was thinking it would be comprised of golf related stories, anecdotes, jokes as well as other miscellaneous things people wanted to share. I also hoped it would stay positive but I myself have digressed at times in this thread.

I also understand the animosity shown towards some of Craig's post and some overlap with what he usually post in The Last Word. I say if you do not like it, just ignore it. (something I am just learning myself).  Craig, in my opinion, only has, and had, good intentions in his post.

I am also taking heed to something I think IAMNICKLAUS posted in a thread, or on his page (I forget), "Less is More".

P.S. Please, please, please, do not let this thread fall below 3 stars. If it ends up with less stars than the Last Word, I will be beside myself!

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2023 7:39 AM

HamdenPro:
    I am also taking heed to something I think IAMNICKLAUS posted in a thread, or on his page (I forget), "Less is More".

I think you might be referring to  " Talk less, say more " .......A wise mantra several people on here should adopt .

• craigswan
    31,006 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2023 7:56 AM

How will banning LIV Golf players from the Ryder Cup affect the teams?

Team Europe

As it stands, Europe are yet to confirm their 2023 qualification criteria. But if we look at the world rankings and take the top 12 European players, Paul Casey is the only LIV golfer anywhere to be seen.

• Rory Mcllroy (3)
    • Jon Rahm (5)
    • Viktor Hovland (10)
    • Matt Fitzpatrick (11)
    • Shane Lowry (24)
    • Tyrrell Hatton (26)
    • Tommy Fleetwood (27)
    • Paul Casey (32)
    • Thomas Pieters (35)
    • Seamus Power (39)
    • Sepp Straka (43)
    • Justin Rose (54)

The notable absentees here are Sergio Garcia (70), Lee Westwood (98), and Ian Poulter (108), who have all slumped massively in the rankings due to poor form, suspensions, and LIV’s failure to gain OWGR status. Donald will be afforded three or four picks, so probably would have picked one of these veterans, but certainly not all three..

Team USA

In contrast to Europe, USA’s qualification process is almost complete, with six players gaining a spot automatically following the BMW Championship. Of these six players, only LIV’s Dustin Johnson would be ineligible after his resignation from the PGA Tour:

• Scottie Scheffler (2)
    • Will Zalatoris (9)
    • Justin Thomas (7)
    • Cameron Young (17)
    • Dustin Johnson (21)
    • Collin Morikawa (8)

This leaves six captain picks, but of the six next highest ranked players, none are LIV golfers.

• Patrick Cantlay (4)
    • Xander Schauffele (6)
    • Sam Burns (12)
    • Jordan Spieth (13)
    • Tony Finau (14)
    • Billy Horschel (15)

And, while Johnson – Zach, that is – is by no means expected to pick all these players, he then has the likes of Max Homa (21), Kevin Kisner (28), Daniel Berger (31), Harold Varner III (42) and Keegan Bradley (47) at his disposal.

Of the notable LIV absentees, you would expect at least a couple of Brooks Koepka (25), Bryson DeChambeau (33), and Patrick Reed (49) to have been selected..

So what does this mean overall? It seems the difference between the 2023 Ryder Cup as it stands versus the 2023 Ryder Cup if LIV Golf never existed is the difference between Zach Johnson having two of his big guns available versus them watching from home..

• HamdenPro
    2,419 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2023 6:45 PM

• HamdenPro
    2,419 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2023 6:54 PM

• i1488
    44 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2023 7:15 PM

Who else remembers the Indian Head Test pattern image?  

On a different note, the sound of an idling vehicle at 51.913 Hz is quite hypnotic.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,869 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2023 9:00 PM

HamdenPro:

This is very nice.......but...

I'm responding to this post in the hope that if I don't want email replies back, the annoying bs crap will not litter my computer. 

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2023 9:29 PM

HamdenPro:

A warm welcome back to YOUR thread, Steff.  It's important to not let the patients run the asylum.

...sayin'

ct

• SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2023 9:37 AM

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2023 9:45 AM

ct690911:
    It's important to not let the patients run the asylum.

Yet I am the acerbic one..................lolololols

this ^^^ is why humor was invented

To bad they don't teach it in schools, lot less people sitting at home waiting to be insulted if they only knew about humor

RSS