Forums

Help › Forums

ODDS, ENDS and OTHER THINGS..

Wed, Apr 10 2024 1:08 AM (1,171 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2023 11:42 AM

Trump wins another golf championship

Wonder how many accounts he has here.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2023 1:19 PM

I was having a chat with Cicero, via DM (Discord Message), about camera angles. I had remembered a video I saw with Chad Nelson talking about, and playing, the game. He was explaining how WGT attempts to simulate what you would see (what it looks like) when watching a match on TV. I found the old video, which I think is interesting, and am posting it below. (He talks about the camera angles at approximately 2:15 mark on the video.

I am also posting one from WGT, years ago, a BTS look at WGT mapping process. Hope you find it as interesting as I did.

Here is the link to the archives with the 2nd video..

https://www.wgt.com/golfnews/archive/2011/07/12/special-behind-the-scenes-wgt-documentary.aspx

• spa75
    330 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 12:22 PM

Hi all.

So heres an odd thing, was just in the game on home page clicked button to go to county club, as that page opens  where the cc name is  for a split second something else was there, managed to see it and it says, "FortyCharactersAndAMuleToBeatTheRockBand" .  Which is a bit weird.  Anyone else getting same or similar.  Have got a snapshot and posted in my telegram  but can't post it here.  Others in my cc have seen it aswell so I know im not going mad.

Gl all  happy smashing. 

Shane.🤪✌

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 12:48 PM

spa75:
    just in the game on home page clicked button to go to county club, as that page opens  where the cc name is  for a split second something else was there, managed to see it and it says, "FortyCharactersAndAMuleToBeatTheRockBand"

Yep, pretty weird for sure..

EDIT: It has been pointed out, there are 40 characters in that phrase.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 2:07 PM

After intense sleuthing, I am of the opinion, as suggested by the powers  that be, the statement that appears, in lieu of club name, is a "placeholder" used by the programmers to hold the space open for future text (in this case, a club name).

"In computer programming, a placeholder is a character, word, or string of characters that temporarily takes the place of the final data. For example, a programmer may know that she needs a certain number of values or variables, but doesn't yet know what to input"

Basically, IMO, since the programmers were doing things to clubs, last update, and as par for the course, they left a glitch.

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 3:42 AM
    Good to know .
  • ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 6:09 AM

When I was young I thought that babies were born with a complete set of toys, until I learned what a 'play centre' was.  8 )

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 7:44 AM

ScottHope:
    until I learned what a 'play centre' was

And this is exactly why I have been insisting we need a British to American translator, kind of like English - English, but different.

Here, we call it a play center. Also, here, each baby is born with one! It is like the one you are probably thinking off but much improved. I guess that is why Europeans referred to America, long ago, as the new world.

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 7:51 AM
    In Scotland every new baby is gifted a baby box by our government . It includes things like: a mattress, fitted sheet and blanket that fit the box perfectly a selection of clothes from newborn up to the age of 6 months a bath towel, a travel changing mat, muslin cloth squares and a bib books, so you can start sharing stories together before your baby is born a digital underarm thermometer for taking their temperature full safety instructions and safe sleeping guidelines
  • HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 7:58 AM

craigswan:
    In Scotland every new baby is gifted a baby box by our government

In America, every new baby comes in a box.

Not....

Actually, when you have a baby in the Hospital, here in the states, you are provided with a gift box that comes with diapers, various baby formulas to try, coupons and other small item including the thing to remove snot from the baby's nose.

With the exception of the "snot remover", most are provided by manufacturers to try to get you to purchase their products.

One thing they do at one of the hospitals near me, the last night you are there, the hospital provides a meal for both new parents to enjoy together. In New Haven, Connecticut, St. Raphael's provided,as a selection, steak and lobster. it is actually quite nice.

RSS